Author Topic: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Re: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 06:03:32 pm »
+1
I agree, would love to see something like that, a longer siege mode that includes engineering balance and a gradual reduction of the castle.

People have to accept though that the current 5 minute siege mode in no way supports taking yourself out of fight to build catapults and towers, by forcing it anyways you are just handicapping your team and pissing people off. The devs just need to remove the ability to do it from this game mode like they did for battle, the only thing you should be able to build are weapon racks and healing tents.
You can still build a catapult in battle.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 06:23:24 pm »
+7
If I see folks destroying friendly siege equipment I punish them.  Sorry I couldn't help you more last night Frank, I spent seven rounds in Spectator mode but didn't catch any fish.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 06:55:24 pm »
Cool destory, bro  :D

Protect virgins, nerf cav and free siege equipment 2012!

Also, add Trojan Horse  :twisted:

Why are admins protecting people who are handicapping their team by not fighting, and wasting their time with useless construction? Handicapping is the nice word btw, it could also be called leeching or team sabotage.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:24 pm »
+3
Why are admins protecting people who are handicapping their team by not fighting, and wasting their time with useless construction? Handicapping is the nice word btw, it could also be called leeching or team sabotage.

Because it is neither of those things, a forward base as already stated set up in a strategic location is good for the entire team, so is a weapons rack set up half way in the castle where throwers could reload there equipment and keep attacking, a healing tent is nice for the defenders as well.

Should they start kicking us when we don't rush out with the group and instead sit back and assess the situation for two minutes doing nothing? No? Then why is it any different for them to take two minutes to build something?

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »
+1
We're not talking healing tents and weapon racks (which are ok, altho very limited and easy to destroy), we're talking multiple people spending 3/4 of the round building a catapult or siege tower.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »
+4
Agreed, even on siege, siege equipment can be useful.  Forward bases for attackers (which stay into the next rounds if not destroyed), healing tents for defenders, and even weapon racks on both sides for your ranged to refill.

Siege towers and catapults are pointless however.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »
+2
We're not talking healing tents and weapon racks (which are ok, altho very limited and easy to destroy), we're talking multiple people spending 3/4 of the round building a catapult or siege tower.

Except a good portion of people are talking about destroying everything, including weapon racks, healing tents and forward spawns.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:15:03 pm »
+4

It is simple. We assess the situation and what they are doing, and if we judge it to be leeching or worthless in that situation, we will ask them to build something more appropriate, or get into the fight in the traditional manner. It is not up to a random player to make that decision, and it certainly isn't up to that random player to decide to destroy what is being built. Either way, don't attack your team, their horses, or the equipment that they are building. In addition, don't spam admin chat with insults in those situations where our decision doesn't match your opinion. State your case, and then go fight and quit wasting time destroying team equipment or arguing about it in chat.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:23 pm »
I've seen a few people making weapon racks with the purpose of spawning Construction sites as blocking agents ad-nauseum. I thought this wasn't allowed, and is the only real useful utility for Construction sites given the current balancing system in siege (helping out Offense one-round could mean your equipment is still up and now helping the enemy the next due to your being balanecd over).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »
+1
Spamming c-sites is not allowed. I've seen somebody [I think it was hobo], who built a weapon rack right at the flag, and used to to throw and endless supply of throwing lances...

I could see forward bases being useful in maps where you pretty much locked down an area and it's a pain in the ass to get to the flag [I could think of a couple of maps that fit that description], or for defense in spawning closer to the flag.

Frank, what I meant was that you build the thing once, and it stays there until somebody destroys it, which is the part that seems like an exploit/bug. One map, I set my point to an attackers forward base, and the next round, I was on defense, and it sucks to res surrounded by a swarm of enemies -_-, that and depending on its location, could royally fuck defense over [I could see a guild build a forward base at the flag and delay capping it just so they instantly spawn there].

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:49 pm »
+1
Wraist that's up to the dev's to address, not a vigilante in game.  I've posted in the technical problems section of the forums and described the issue that forward bases allow you to keep spawning in them after the round ends (you should have to re-set your spawn point to it).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »
+3
Wraist that's up to the dev's to address, not a vigilante in game.  I've posted in the technical problems section of the forums and described the issue that forward bases allow you to keep spawning in them after the round ends (you should have to re-set your spawn point to it).

I don't advocate killing teammate contructions, if that's what it sounded like I was implying :|

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:38 pm »
Hey Granpappy, I agree that players should not be taking vigilante action against teammates, but how about some commentary on these issues? Some kind of official policy here?

When exactly would it be appropriate for someone to start building a catapult or tower? Logically, we all know it is pretty much never appropriate on the current official server's game modes, besides strategus, so why not just say that?

Also like Mataclypse asked, how about some clarity on using construction sites as obstacles? Is this currently allowed or disallowed?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 11:02:41 pm »
+1
I'll try to get a more concise answer for you in a day or so. It will still be "unofficial" until the general rules are updated to address the points being raised here, but at least I can provide the guidelines I operate under.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:37 pm »
+4
I'll try to get a more concise answer for you in a day or so. It will still be "unofficial" until the general rules are updated to address the points being raised here, but at least I can provide the guidelines I operate under.

quite honestly, attacking friendly equipment should be disabled.

The only reason to attack friendly equipment is to grief. It can't be done by "accident" like attacking a horse or a player and thus not a part of the game.