Author Topic: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Please stop destorying friendly construction sites
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:16:05 am »
+1
NBC blocked on copyright issues

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:11 am »
Sry the video is a bit meh, I was being lazy.

http://youtu.be/9o622mItZ5A

STOP FUCKING MY SHIT UP PLEASE!

Most of these guys are just nubs but the weaboo followed me around smashing my shit for the rest of the round. I have video of that too.

You've been warned... twice.

This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
+3
People who spend the round building siege gear are useless, their efforts deserve to be ruined.

Break siege gear 2012.
You are fuckin wrong .
One time with all myt pecores mate we built the catapult in less than 2 minute. We were going to put down the wall , when two stupid guy destrcuted the catapult. Siege gear can be extremly effective if the whole team work on  it

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 11:23:07 am »
+2
I'll repost it with out the mupets in it, FUCK YOU NBC! Or maybe its the big lebowski bit :/

@Wraist. What I mean by die is that any none completed gear + ladders and siege shields explode at the end of the round. But built gear stays.

The spans are not really an exploit. They are a double edge sword, you can build and find that at the end of the round some of the guys that are spawning at it are on the other team, so you don't want to put it too close or too far away from the action. But a forward spawn can knock a good 20 seconds off the run time of most player and thats a big difference for the attacking side, for defenders its great as well, you can avoid all the shitty spawn points on the maps and all just drop out at a single spot.

With 3 guys including myself I can get a spawn point up by about the second min it, that's including deploying a weapons rack on my own (add 30+ seconds if defending). With a siege team of 4 2 with site 2 with con mats a forward base could easily be put up in under a min (from the time you deploy your first weapons rack).

Most of the time the only thing stopping me from getting shit done is my own team. On my own I can get most of this stuff built by half way through the first round, which isn't great but if its a forward base and its ninjerd into a nice spot inside the walls then come the next round I've given my team a HUGE advantage.

The other day with the hospitallers we rolled 3 maps in a row and for 2 of the maps we were ending the rounds in under 1.5min. One round ended 45 seconds in because I had deployed a forward base in a tower over looking the flag so we could just jump out.

As far as being an exploit, it seems like its been designed to do this. All you have to do to stop me is kill me and kill my weapons racks, weapons racks die mostly in one hit. So its not like its some unstoppable reign of terror. Its not like I'm ladder pulting the defenders to sweet, sweet freedom (I mean death).
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 12:09:39 pm »
+1
Catapults don't stay across rounds afaik. I made a few forward bases a while back, they were useful with longer maps. On playing NW, I found it was a breath of fresh air from cRPG as there is no multi or xp, just the playing. Playing as a sapper, people actually use the stuff you try to build as a team. Here people consider it a threat to their multiplier.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »
+4
Catapults don't stay across rounds afaik. I made a few forward bases a while back, they were useful with longer maps. On playing NW, I found it was a breath of fresh air from cRPG as there is no multi or xp, just the playing. Playing as a sapper, people actually use the stuff you try to build as a team. Here people consider it a threat to their multiplier.

All of the fun and light heartedness which made me grow to love this mod for what it was got destroyed by the multi system and upkeep

now everyone acts like they are in the MLG or something
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 12:15:36 pm »
+4
All of the fun and light heartedness which made me grow to love this mod for what it was got destroyed by the multi system and upkeep

now everyone acts like they are in the MLG or something
Took me a while to see it, but I agree. I spent a lot of time choosing gear I use for strat crafting. Screw that, I want to be a full plated crossbow dragoon! The culture of cRPG has turned into a struggle for experience or money or both.

*edit*
Please don't destroy friendly construction sites... go into the map and fight some people instead of purposefully destroying an object which does not give you any reward for destroying (including pleasure).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:17:13 pm by Tomas_of_Miles »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 12:46:39 pm »
+1
Right this should finish uploading in about an hour.

http://youtu.be/G6NtJfU_Kl0

I bet it will get copy right cock blocked as well :/ But I want the big lebowski so bad!

--------------

Cock blocked again!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:54:58 pm by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »
+1
Right this should finish uploading in about an hour.

http://youtu.be/G6NtJfU_Kl0

I bet it will get copy right cock blocked as well :/ But I want the big lebowski so bad!

--------------

Cock blocked again!
Fuck these cunt-asses and their bloody copyrights! Anyone know of some other place to upload it?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »
+3
Permanent ban.

Some must be eliminated, so the others know the consequences.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 04:16:50 pm »
What´s "destorying"?

Is that when someone interrupts the story of another guy?

Does that mean we should stop interrupting construction sites when they have to tell us a story?
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 05:41:22 pm »
Siege isn't balanced right now for siege equipment, it's based around spawn to choke/flag time efficiency. So if you remove yourself from the fighting to go build advanced siege equipment, you are effectively handicapping your team for selfish entertainment purposes. This is why people get mad at you and break it, because you're causing them to lose.

If you want to mess around with advanced siege equipment, either play strategus which is balanced for it, lobby the devs to make a new siege mode which is balanced for it, or do it on a private server where you aren't handicapping your unwilling teammates.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »
+1
Siege isn't balanced right now for siege equipment, it's based around spawn to choke/flag time efficiency. So if you remove yourself from the fighting to go build advanced siege equipment, you are effectively handicapping your team for selfish entertainment purposes. This is why people get mad at you and break it, because you're causing them to lose.

If you want to mess around with advanced siege equipment, either play strategus which is balanced for it, lobby the devs to make a new siege mode which is balanced for it, or do it on a private server where you aren't handicapping your unwilling teammates.
New siege mode should be conquest. That's like a siege except about holding more points, and doesn't end when all the points are taken. With all the likely-to-never-be-implemented suggestions I've read today I'm tempted to make my own mod lol.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »
New siege mode should be conquest. That's like a siege except about holding more points, and doesn't end when all the points are taken. With all the likely-to-never-be-implemented suggestions I've read today I'm tempted to make my own mod lol.

I agree, would love to see something like that, a longer siege mode that includes engineering balance and a gradual reduction of the castle.

People have to accept though that the current 5 minute siege mode in no way supports taking yourself out of fight to build catapults and towers, by forcing it anyways you are just handicapping your team and pissing people off. The devs just need to remove the ability to do it from this game mode like they did for battle, the only thing you should be able to build are weapon racks and healing tents.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »
+1
Cool destory, bro  :D

Protect virgins, nerf cav and free siege equipment 2012!

Also, add Trojan Horse  :twisted:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?