Author Topic: 0.272 - what is new?  (Read 8233 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: 0.272 - what is new?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47:16 am »
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

There is no crash, it just freezes and I have to close it with the task manager xD.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2012, 12:51:05 am »
There is no crash, it just freezes and I have to close it with the task manager xD.
exactly the same thing here

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:19 am »
(click to show/hide)

Nothing I can do about this, it's a NVIDIA related crash. Either a driver bug or (more likely) a Warband bug.

That's unfortunate. Did it start with one of the hotfixes? Do you have a Steam or non-Steam Warband?

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 01:01:26 am »
Oh I see. It was the first time the mod crashed like this and minutes after installing the update which is why I figured it was related. But now I reckon it has more to do with the directx error message I get upon computer startup. Which still happened before without crashes until the update, but maybe something about the new synergy isn't working anymore. Double down on my efforts to fix this damned thing now!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 01:03:23 am »
Nothing I can do about this, it's a NVIDIA related crash. Either a driver bug or (more likely) a Warband bug.

That's unfortunate. Did it start with one of the hotfixes? Do you have a Steam or non-Steam Warband?

Started with the latest hot-fix, and I have the non-steam version of Warband. I get the problem whether I use the latest update for warband or 1.143 unfortunately.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 01:06:10 am »
For me it started on the first patch today, also non-steam, downloading it on steam now to check it is a problem of the non-steam version or from my computer

EDIT: Using the steam version, I still get the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:19:40 am by Moncho »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 05:49:18 am »
WSE LOG!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »
Started with the latest hot-fix, and I have the non-steam version of Warband. I get the problem whether I use the latest update for warband or 1.143 unfortunately.

Any news on a possible solution?

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 08:41:59 pm »
it was only a hotfix for the new warband patch - we will probably soon bring out a hotfix, or a patch with new item stats.

new stats !!!!!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Delusianne

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolves_Delusianne, Delu, Delusianne, Crux
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
Wow what a terrible idea, you push out a offline/ crack kinda patch so that you can load the old 1.43 exe instead and also mess with the fmod dll? Because of the easy solvable sound issues?

I had no problems whatsoever playing crpg on 1.51 now I can't play at all.

To call it hotfix turns out to be more than just a stretch I'd say, also to just put 2 files I don't want there in my main game folder, not cool man. No surprise copyprotection comes in to play.

But yeah sure is an Nvidia issue, riiight. Please don't mess with things you don't fully understand just to later blame it on someone else. So much for jumping the fence.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:18:06 pm by Delusianne »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:46 am »
+3
Wow what a terrible idea, you push out a offline/ crack kinda patch so that you can load the old 1.43 exe instead and also mess with the fmod dll? Because of the easy solvable sound issues?

I had no problems whatsoever playing crpg on 1.51 now I can't play at all.

To call it hotfix turns out to be more than just a stretch I'd say, also to just put 2 files I don't want there in my main game folder, not cool man. No surprise copyprotection comes in to play.

But yeah sure is an Nvidia issue, riiight. Please don't mess with things you don't fully understand just to later blame it on someone else. So much for jumping the fence.

Hi,

1) the executable we added is not a crack/offline path, but a legit non-Steam executable that can be activated with your key
2) the reason why we did it has nothing to do with sound issues. As you might now, cRPG uses WSE. Without WSE battle mode works, but other modes like Rageball or DTV don't. Porting WSE is an extremely tedious process, and in any case I'm waiting for the next patch from TaleWorlds that will be released in the next few days
3) We messed with the fmodex.dlls because the one used by 1.151 is incompatible with the one used by 1.143. In order to start the latter we had to use the old dll, but we couldn't just overwrite the newer one because that would break 1.151.
4) the NVIDIA issue is in response to the guy who posted his crash log. As you can see the crashing module is nvd3dum.dll, which is a NVIDIA driver file.

So, next time you are about to speak about things you don't understand, kindly, shut the fuck up.

Offline lonesome_killer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »

TR/Patched.Gen is a generic one though and Avira is overly sensitive.

Case in point Battlefield 3: https://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=138159 -- same positive TR/Patched.Gen

Get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to be safe, the free version is enough to scan and protect --  which haven't detected anything and it is by far the superior product to Avira Antivir.

It seems this kind of stuff only happens with shit free antivirus programs.  I've never had an issue in games where the antivirus says the new update is a virus.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:32 am »

The message says the server is still using 0.271, not you.

Hey, I just wanted to double check if this is the error message you're actually referring to (since it doesn't make mention of the server, and does suggest reinstalling my version of the mod itself). I've been having connectivity issues now, getting booted from the server a bunch of times, just want to make sure it's not something I can fix. Not crashing since I started rebooting the comp when I get the directx error at startup sometimes, so this seems to be a separate issue.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 03:26:54 pm »
+1
It seems this kind of stuff only happens with shit free antivirus programs.  I've never had an issue in games where the antivirus says the new update is a virus.

Not all of them are shit. I keep recommending Microsoft Security Essentials - it's lightweight, does its job and, unlike some other antivirus programs, the detection rules aren't written by paranoid chocolate chip cookies.

Hey, I just wanted to double check if this is the error message you're actually referring to (since it doesn't make mention of the server, and does suggest reinstalling my version of the mod itself). I've been having connectivity issues now, getting booted from the server a bunch of times, just want to make sure it's not something I can fix. Not crashing since I started rebooting the comp when I get the directx error at startup sometimes, so this seems to be a separate issue.

You're right, that's not a server outdated message. Have you tried ticking the repair box in the launcher?