Author Topic: increase kick risk  (Read 13423 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: increase kick risk
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:11 pm »
*edit: i also block half the attacks after being kicked
Maybe that's because your enemy is a noob or trying use long maul with 1 wpf in poles or somethin :D

Seriously though, kick is so fine. If you're get kicked it's your fault. Also note down that kicking is hardly a behavior of an offensive playstyle. It's a defensive move, one of the counter attacks to be more precise. It's not that experience players force you to be kicked when you're defending. It is you attacking without caution and get kicked.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 1096
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 05:59:30 pm »
You call shielders autoblock and blocknubs, while we are the dudes running after the 2h/poelarm packpeddal spammer, those who secure themselves in weapon reach and over all slow combat mechanics so they just block everything.

I would gladly facehug you but you dance all over the place and have one digit ping which means I have serious troubles blocking your attacks. You start your attack, I try to block it but I'm already hit due to ping difference...

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »
I try to block it but I'm already hit due to ping difference...
You said it yourself. It's ping difference, not game balance.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 06:29:34 pm »
+3
I think there's plenty of risk involved in a kick, you're stationary while you kick.  The problem is that people can still manually block while they are 'stationary' in a kick pose.  That's the real problem IMO.  Manual blocking should be like shield blocking, you shouldn't be able to block when you kick.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:47:58 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »
+1
Manual blocking should be like shield blocking, you shouldn't be able to block when you kick.

And that makes perfect sense when you also think about the realism aspect of this subject? Imo manual blocking while kicking would be easier in RL than kicking and blocking with a shield. (I know this is GBD- subforum but just saying)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »
kickin is fine as it is, shielders have the advantedge they can eazymode block multiple enemys at a time, so ye they cant use kicking with a shield  as efficiently bohoo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:05 pm »
+4
And that makes perfect sense when you also think about the realism aspect of this subject? Imo manual blocking while kicking would be easier in RL than kicking and blocking with a shield. (I know this is GBD- subforum but just saying)

i totally agree, you would also be grappling, and throwing, punching, etc.  Lot easier than a shield, but with a shield you would either bash or push someone with it.  So that is also missing from the game.

I'm just speaking from a balance perspective, it seems pretty hokey to be kicking and then when someone swings you can still block it while your character is stuck in the kick pose.  If they had some sort of shield bash or push I'd drop my suggestion to remove manual blocking while kicking.

kickin is fine as it is, shielders have the advantedge they can eazymode block multiple enemys at a time, so ye they cant use kicking with a shield  as efficiently bohoo

But against one person they are at a disadvantage when that person can attempt to kick a shielder who's shield is up, and if they miss they can still block the attack from the shielder.  You appear to be biased in the matter, try to take a step back, or at minimum play devil's advocate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:51:25 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »
I think there's plenty of risk involved in a kick, you're stationary while you kick.  The problem is that people can still block while they are 'stationary' in a kick pose.  That's the real problem IMO.  Manual blocking should be like shield blocking, you shouldn't be able to block when you kick.

You cant block thrust.
Its a game of anticipation. Kicker need to anticipate a movement for succesful kick and then dont messed up folowing hit.
Oponent need to anticipate a kick and then he has insta win move - stab. (+ some other options with enough agility)
Its a good counter and its nicely balanced now.

3direct spammy weapons are in disadvantage here, but they are lame anyway, no need to consider them in balance discussion. :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »
+3
Good point, just fuck over anyone who's stab either sucks or is non-existent.  Brilliant logic. 

Maybe go back and read my request to leave personal bias out of the discussion, and try to play devil's advocate...

IMO, they should have a shield bash (or allow to use shield when kicking) or take out the ability to manually block while your character is temporarily frozen in a kick pose.  Seems like a good balance to me.  Otherwise in a 1v1 vs someone with a spamitar, you literally have nothing to lose by trying to kick (as long as you're halfway decent at manually blocking).

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:21:57 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »
+3
a shielder in a one on one can always put his shield on his back if he thinks he will be in disadvantedge on the kick issue..

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »
a shielder in a one on one can always put his shield on his back if he thinks he will be in disadvantedge on the kick issue..

I suppose that is true...
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:07 am »
so why do shielders use shields? is it because of arrows? is it because they aren't able or aren't interested to manual block? Is it the RPG element to be a shielder? Any of these questions can be answered with yes in my opinion and are viable, so for me to not use a shield is not an option and will never be. I am a shielder ffs

So biased or not, we all are subjective, with me as shielder and also using a weapon without a thrust attack and a very short weapon of 64 weapon length, i definitly have a problem with kickslashes perhaps more then others may have as i need to facehug to hit at all. So i will tell people from now on to learn to play including kickslashes when they come again QQ about my build, my internet connection, my forcefield shield, my not seeable steelpick and whatever else may caused there death it could never be that someone accepts defeat bcs well i beat the shit out of you... dudes just learn to play, you know kickslash and while you train with me or none shielders never let the goal out of your sight that someday perhaps ... now i lost my train of thought well whatever, 7 o'clock in the morning gn8 lads.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:59 am »
+2
Tbh I only have shield skill because of all the ranged spam, because having a shield if you're already a good blocker is nerfing yourself.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2012, 07:44:58 am »
denpends on your playstyle and what role you take in teamplay

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »
+1
denpends on your playstyle and what role you take in teamplay
True and not only myself but many others have choosen to be a fulltime shielder.
Only because of Shieldbreaking weapons i got myself more and more shieldskill so that i could survive perhaps not only 2-4 hits of an MW Great Axe or German polearm of a stregth build but perhaps 4-8 hits, in that time i would need to kill that dude and as agi build i need more then 1 hit often 4-7 hits which aren't blocked, sometimes even more if i face a tincan.
So a good 2h/polearm may block indefintely a good shielder who solely depends on his shield  which but has an expiry date. What is a special weapon or attribute against only one class other then shieldbreaking, name one?  To that comes an disadvantage through shorter weapons against other special attributes of longer weapons as chrushtrough/polestagger/knockdown. As Xant said the shield tells you clearly the intention of the user there is that too.
And we can't block while trying to kick :) well i could go on here with other examples but i hope you get the point.
There are only a few shielder who can work around all this crap and that not at all times.

So what i would like to have now at once is the situation in a couple of months, when the trend comes to its peek and some may say then, i told you.
You know like i told you ranged is getting more and more or
i told you cav is getting more and more
do something about it to regulate imbalances.
When people who are now against it will say i can't stand it anymore  :lol: please do sth about all this kickslashes.
(Yes i am exaggerating  :wink: i should become a politician )
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future