Author Topic: increase kick risk  (Read 13425 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: increase kick risk
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »
+1
Katana is an example of a short weapon, which is a target most likely for kicks. And if you have a greatsword, simply use it's length and keep your distance. It is based on your argument actually. Just go and play. Pay attention to avoid enemy kicks. It's not THAT hard to do.
Not my point, he says that people kicking mostly grants him a free hit because he can move around. Which does not go for everyone, katana is simply one of the best weapons for high maneuverability and acceleration so he should not expect his ability to move around when someone kicks, to apply for everyone.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 03:42:38 pm »
2h stab is not that hard to use close range

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »
If your opponent kicks, step around and kill him. If you are getting kicked twice by same person, you have failed, not the mechanics of the game. You must remember, more powerful than all the weapons, is STILL your brain. Use it. Opponent who kicks, dont step into him, unless it is ONLY to bait the kick, run across him, past the foot, overhead from behind, dead enemy. Stab from behind, dead enemy. Kicks are not risk free, only risk free vs players who stack too much strengh to move around, and in that case you are a nub for trying to rely on 1hitting with your strengh build, remember: Agility is the really powerful stat, theres a reason it got massively nerfed, huh?

Goons and noobs build strengh, pros build agi: You will survive a lot longer by not getting hit than you will with a few extra hitpoints.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 03:49:31 pm »
Not my point, he says that people kicking mostly grants him a free hit because he can move around. Which does not go for everyone, katana is simply one of the best weapons for high maneuverability and acceleration so he should not expect his ability to move around when someone kicks, to apply for everyone.

Which character are you playing that cannot "move around"
editeditedit

woops I misunderstood, this is about the free hit thing. It doesn't always grant me a free hit lots of times it's blocked because I don't move far enough from their block radius thingy in time. My point was that it's easy to not get kicked and it grants you a free attack, I should have worded it differently it's not a guarantee hit every time or anything special like that.

editspellingedit
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:54:29 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »
kicking is harder than it sounds. once you kick your attack will fail if you just click, instead of you have to start by holding an attack, kick, then hold for another second while ur char gets on his feet And then if ur opponents block isnt fast enough can the attack go through. not to mention getting the actual kick to impact is a deed in itself.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 04:04:03 pm »
+1
i dunno i'm pretty decent at kicking now, its really fucking easy and OP, anyone who is good at kicks will say its OP, stop trolling the thread saying its pro
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
i dunno i'm pretty decent at kicking now, its really fucking easy and OP, anyone who is good at kicks will say its OP, stop trolling the thread saying its pro

OP vs noobs, sure. No offence mate, but dont you play on NA?
I don't know enough

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »
OP vs noobs, sure. No offence mate, but dont you play on NA?

and how do you think duels with good players end?

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »
+1
It is not very difficult to keep distance all the time. Remember duels before 1.130 warband patch :wink:

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »
and how do you think duels with good players end?

Between well matched decent players, most duels end with one guy's hand slipping at an inorportune moment....or a bounce when from same exact positioning vs same armour, the last 10 times it was a solid hit...

EDIT: Not to mention random lags when too many players spawn at once on duel servers.
I don't know enough

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 05:22:17 pm »
its not because you guys have become all pro kickers that you should penalise the rest of us

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »
+1
Between well matched decent players, most duels end with one guy's hand slipping at an inorportune moment....or a bounce when from same exact positioning vs same armour, the last 10 times it was a solid hit...

EDIT: Not to mention random lags when too many players spawn at once on duel servers.
Nope, kicks or boredom.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »
+2
Maybe if the NA crowd was not a bunch of STR builds you would have the athletics to not get kicked so often like the EU crowd.

Food for thought.

In all seriousness to get kicked you have to set yourself up. If the opponent is paying attention and has a real amount of athletics and a weapon with actual reach, he should rarely be kicked. Kicks should be as easy as they are now because they are your way of punishing the opponent for making a mistake in footwork.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:41:27 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 05:40:53 pm »
+1
Maybe if the NA crowd was not a bunch of STR builds you would have the athletics to not get kicked so often like the EU crowd.

Food for thought.

You could post this, or you could read where I wrote this, above :D

NA still have much to learn...
I don't know enough

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »
+1

You could post this, or you could read where I wrote this, above :D

Apologies, I have a habit of not reading your posts.  :wink:

The majority of c-RPG fighting is done in Battle or Strat or Siege, not in duels where you are always fighting one on one. I don't see kicks happening often enough to think that this of all things needs a "nerf" or change. Again, to gain optimum damage a player should be hitting at just the tip of the weapon, and the vast majority of weapons have reach enough to never close in and face hug. Why not leave kicks as is to punish them for making mistakes?

Last but not least: Making kicks harder/more risky will only make duels even longer... Last i checked the community was complaining that they already took too long (and now you want to make it even harder to kill someone?).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:47:57 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.