Poll

Do you like the changes? (you can check two options)

Like the random map cycle
96 (44.9%)
Dislike the random map cycle
8 (3.7%)
Like 3 point score limit
42 (19.6%)
Dislike 3 point score limit
68 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: FEEDBACK: Random Map Cycle and 3 Point Score Limit  (Read 4873 times)

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: FEEDBACK: Random Map Cycle and 3 Point Score Limit
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »
Which server your talking about, Mancen?

I'm planning to add lots of new small maps on EU 4 and removing the biggest ones from there.

Adding a feature to choose maps by the amount of players playing would be great, but would need some serious coding on it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:21:14 pm by Mustikki »

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »
Randomizing is great but map should change after 4 wins. Now there seems to be too few rounds to try different tactics and it's hard to keep the multi.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1892
  • Infamy: 1561
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »
Pros:

+ it's much better for new players
+ certain "camping" maps won't last as they used to (sometimes for half an hour)
+ it's very dynamic and you have to give your best every round in order to keep multi
+ there will be less gold generated because of lower multipliers for both sides which will eventually decrease inflation

Cons:

- clans will qq about not being able to keep multi for long periods of time
- certain "pros" won't be able to score more than 30 kills per map and will qq because of it

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:15 pm »
please add more maps for the "map rotation" to choose from. 3 rounds is perfect.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2012, 03:09:26 pm »
Seriously, cRPG is already distributing the exp/gold very evenly for each player, it's ok and it's promoting teamplay. Still it's great to frequently get a multi above x2 with your team. even if the other team is having a losing streak because of it. It's actually fun to have the challenge to defeat the better team and even more fun if it's indeed coming up to a change. I personally didn't have any problem with this.

Basically, I and the most of other players as the poll shows like the previous round limit system more but like the new veriety of maps.

Let me just state the main facts speaking against the new 3 point score limit:

-Reaching x5 has become a rarity
-Teamplay for clan members only possible for 2 rounds

Basically being situated on x1/x2 the most time is the problem. Rapair cost are increased now and it's taking more time now to level.

If you ask me you will lose many good players with this change. My main problem is I can't afford my standard gear now rather than the low exp you get.

Also, why not deciding the round limit of maps by it's popularity. When do you finally include qmd and qmu votes for this?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:11:56 pm by Prinz_Karl »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »
+1
I like 3 point round limit - I suppose 4 is an ok compromise, but 5 is boring (go grind something else you fivers). I don't want to play the same match 9 times even if I am x5 for all of it.

Not sure of the random map rotation - possibly a decent idea.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »
Please make the rotation do smaller maps after say 10pm pacific.  We keep getting like 8v8 on HUGE maps, and it sucks.  I'm not sure if you can even do this, but if you could it would be great.

You're free to join EU servers which might be more populated at those times ;) I go to NA servers, if EU is empty.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »
+1
I was opposed to this at first but i actually really like it now. Im getting more x5's then before and the bad maps dont last long. Keeps it interesting having new maps after a few rounds.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »
On NA1 last night it was set to 4 rounds for a team to win and move to the next map.  Was getting x4 and 5's for a while.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »
+1
Dont't know how it's possible to have x4/x5 over few rounds but I'm having constant x1. Don't know if it's because of 3 point score limit or because of losing streak. Anyway it fucking sucks.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:27 pm »
+1
I strongly dislike the 3 point score limit.

Every map-switch teams are shuffled. All this team shuffling is very detrimental to team play. It turns c-rpg into a endless random mob charge.

I want the old 5-points-is-mapswitch system back!

I can understand all those randomers liking the new 3 point limit, but it really is bad for team play.

It's great for people who don't care about playing with friends and clan mates. It's great for people who just want to follow the random mob around. They will get less 'losing streaks' and get less frustrated. Really, i get it.

But you must understand how much this new system sucks for players that like team play. Using tactics has become virtually impossible and quite futile. Why? Because your team gets shuffled so often, it's neigh impossible to get people to anything else but zerg forward in a big noobcharge.

Also, every map switch teams get randomized, so my clanmates and me get put on different teams. Then, after the first round, teams get shuffled again because banner balance hits.
It's become an endless chain of randomization and team switching. As soon as a map starts to get interesting and people start thinking about strategy and tactics, the map ends and all is shuffled again.

Tactics are dead. Had a lot of fun while it lasted.  :cry:

What irks me most about this change is.... why?

Why? Because some people get frustrated when a map lasts long and they happen to be on the losing team? It's really sad that c-rpg now caters to randomers rage instead of promoting teamplay and tactics.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:19:28 pm by Phazey »

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 06:00:21 pm »
+1
It's really sad that c-rpg now caters to randomers rage instead of promoting teamplay and tactics.

This.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »
+1
Well in my viewpoint, C-rpg has always catered to randomers raging on the forums.  Enough QQ and the dev's cave in and nerf something (which makes something else stronger and then people cry for that new problem to be nerfed).

I can't see anything in the last year that was "overpowered".  everything has a counter to it.  if the players are too dumb to figure out what counters what (whether it's tactics, or classes, or equipment) that's their fault, not the problem with a weapon or class or playstyle.

Learn tactics, learn to exploit weaknesses, and use your class or equipments strengths...fuck nerfs.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »
+2
It's really sad that c-rpg now caters to randomers rage instead of promoting teamplay and tactics.

Haven't it allways been like that  :?:lol:

Anyways love the maps alltough the rotation could use some more small maps since everyone and their mother can now afford riding around on their pony 24/7  :!:

Couldn't care less for the 3 round limit thingy since ill never run out of gold anyways by now plus im high lvl an i love the random mob charges rather then lets camp a spot for 5 min thingy...  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:16:42 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »
+1
It can't be that hard to create a script that adds 1 more round to the cycle, so that the first round is always a 30 second warm-up, as someone suggested somewhere on the forums once. Hence teams being shuffled afterwards instead of after a full round.

Top of that make banner balance absolute and everything would be fine. It is literally impossible to gather a bunch of clan-mates to do something fun on the servers, someone will ALWAYS get switched thus ruining everything for both that player who must now play alone like a inept anti-social whelp, plus the clan who most likely needed him for something. You actually have to force yourselves to play worse in order to be allowed to stay together as a team. Horrible.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!