Poll

should hybrids block slower then Focused disciplins?

Yes
20 (27.4%)
No
51 (69.9%)
Yes but with a different type of handicap such as weapons breaking.
2 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 22, 2011, 02:32:55 am

Author Topic: have block related to WPF  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: have block related to WPF
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 03:20:10 am »
Asking to have block related to WPF .. it's like asking to make the aiming with a sword using wpf .. completely non-sense !

Blocking will never make you kill someone ... so why would it need any requirement except than the player's skills at blocking.

You complain about weapon switch , then blocking .... if you're not happy about how cRPG is , feel free to quit and try another mod.

We won't change a mod for you because you're not so good at it, and if you were good at it, you wouldn't be complaining about the things that can make you die easier...

the majority of people agree with the weapon switch.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:16 am »
Do you sit around trying to think up stupid shit? Maybe you should play more. Not every pseudo-thought that enters yer head is post worthy.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 07:25:07 am »
HEY GUYS NOW I KNOW : LETS MAKE SO THAT WITH 200 WPF YOU BLOCK AUTOMATICLY EH??  :mrgreen: (this was in my mind when i saw this thread..)  :mrgreen:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:50 am »
HEY GUYS NOW I KNOW : LETS MAKE SO THAT WITH 200 WPF YOU BLOCK AUTOMATICLY EH??  :mrgreen: (this was in my mind when i saw this thread..)  :mrgreen:

I forsee a massive increase in range and cavalry spam then...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 07:59:20 am »
  I believe there's already an effect, it's just too minute until you hit some wpf sweet spot or other. I know a few other regular duelists and I noticed a reduction in block speed post-patch, and it might be related to the wpf nerf. I'm not sure.

All I know is that in the past, I didn't have to commit to a block- I could switch it around and settle on the correct one at the last millisecond. This allowed us to match each feint with a block. These days, I pretty much have to see which swing is an actual swing and commit to it.

Of course, this could also be a result of people getting better at high-speed deep feints, but I don't know. We'd need access to pre-patch conditions to test it.

Asking to have block related to WPF .. it's like asking to make the aiming with a sword using wpf .. completely non-sense !

Much like how a high weapon proficiency archer or high horse archery has arrows that occasionally 'home' in on targets, I believe that a higher melee weapon proficiency provides instances where the wrong swing is bent into a right one.

I used to have 227 wpf pre-patch, and I distinctly recall time when I'd swing a miss and the blade would just snap to my opponent on its own.

Currently, with 172 wpf, I see this happen every now and then, too. It's a very odd swing that looks like an instant change- watch for it. A lot of times, people think it's a chamber, but it's not. It's your wpf working for you!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:05:30 am by Kalam »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:15 am »
if they are so good a little handicap shouldn't hurt them now should it?
Oh so just handicap players with skill?
What's wrong with you?!
I'm probaly one of those archers you found. But I do have 100 2h wpf.
Don't be so butthurt. L2P

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 02:38:01 pm »
Oh so just handicap players with skill?
What's wrong with you?!
I'm probaly one of those archers you found. But I do have 100 2h wpf.
Don't be so butthurt. L2P

actually it handicaps everyone, but just pick out the things that make you most mad and post about them.

Im 200k from retiring and going hybrid like everyone else so i honestly dont care anymore, Cant beat em, join em.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »
  I believe there's already an effect, it's just too minute until you hit some wpf sweet spot or other. I know a few other regular duelists and I noticed a reduction in block speed post-patch, and it might be related to the wpf nerf. I'm not sure.

All I know is that in the past, I didn't have to commit to a block- I could switch it around and settle on the correct one at the last millisecond. This allowed us to match each feint with a block. These days, I pretty much have to see which swing is an actual swing and commit to it.

Of course, this could also be a result of people getting better at high-speed deep feints, but I don't know. We'd need access to pre-patch conditions to test it.

Much like how a high weapon proficiency archer or high horse archery has arrows that occasionally 'home' in on targets, I believe that a higher melee weapon proficiency provides instances where the wrong swing is bent into a right one.

I used to have 227 wpf pre-patch, and I distinctly recall time when I'd swing a miss and the blade would just snap to my opponent on its own.

Currently, with 172 wpf, I see this happen every now and then, too. It's a very odd swing that looks like an instant change- watch for it. A lot of times, people think it's a chamber, but it's not. It's your wpf working for you!

Yep, I have the same feeling. Arrows sometimes curving into heads, wrong blocks sometimes autocorrecting. When the game was DDOSed I was in a strategus battle and shot and the arrow turned 30° in flight and landed in a head...
Don't know might be just random shit happening (and it doesn't often) sometimes but I only noticed it with high wpf.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 03:00:48 pm »
Xant
Peasant

AwesomeBar: -100

Congratulations, over an over again you proved to be one of the most annyoing people on these forums ^^

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »
 :D

Thanks broseph, I thought no one would notice how awesome my awesomebar is  8-)
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 03:15:51 pm »

Numerous times while playing i have started one swing only to have it switch to another. For instance going from left side to overhead, switching mid swing. However i have never been able to do it on purpose.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 03:37:07 pm »
:D

Thanks broseph, I thought no one would notice how awesome my awesomebar is  8-)

not anymore :P

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »
Your WPF working for you... That's one of the most insane theories I've ever heard.

What's more likely with the arrow curves and blocks/attacks switching, is that it's packet loss related. I'm actually quite certain this is the case. If you pay special attention to when it happens, it's mostly when the server you're playing on is under heavy stress, a situation prone to packet loss. Arrow trajectory, blocks and attacks are all decided by mouse movement(camera position is decided by mouse movement), so even if it isn't packet loss related(I've never experienced this on single player, have you?) it is without a doubt related to mouse movement.

Currently I have 1 wpf in 2h while main specing archery, I also do absolutely fine in melee combat.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:08:43 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character