Author Topic: Old Clan Banner Pack  (Read 177918 times)

Offline Phelps14

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Reddit
Re: [Version 4.2] Clan Banner Pack (Last Updated 21/11/2011)
« Reply #1080 on: December 03, 2011, 09:29:49 am »
Because the communist kitten is pretty medieval right?
Please let us have the Reddit Coat of Arms.  We are bringing many players into the community and we would really appreciate this favor.
Por Favor Senor! :D

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #1081 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »
I like the Reddit banner. There are plenty that aren't medieval:The Inquisition? Invictus' is pretty damn pixelated, The Cochon one you(Niemand) designed is another. The Chaos one doesn't look banner-y at all. It looks like a poster.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LIBERNATE

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #1082 on: December 04, 2011, 12:37:01 am »
I like the Reddit banner. There are plenty that aren't medieval:The Inquisition? Invictus' is pretty damn pixelated, The Cochon one you(Niemand) designed is another. The Chaos one doesn't look banner-y at all. It looks like a poster.

Don't hate just because all the random pubbies like to use the Chaos banner.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #1083 on: December 04, 2011, 02:09:15 am »
Don't hate just because all the random pubbies like to use the Chaos banner.

Relevance?

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #1084 on: December 04, 2011, 02:14:03 am »
Relevance?

It's not relevant at all.

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #1085 on: December 04, 2011, 04:22:16 am »
Gaylys, stop trolling around.

and at you other guys: Maybe they are not very medi-evalish. I would not have taken the "communist-kitten" in the pack. The Cochon... well... I didn't care back then and it got not anything on it what is futuristic. And if they've had the "vitruvian Human" that da Vinci made in 1492, there would've been a humans = pigs graphic, too, somewhere. I made them a minecraft-porkchop-banner, too. But they didnt want that one. :D
The Invictus is okay in my opinion, but looks too airbrushed. I did not have the honour of Kalam valouring my opinion back then, So I did not really care.

Your banner is something else. I see: An Alien. A Letter. Some Seacows/Narwhals/whatevers.

About the Narwhals I think they would be okay. Can't you just do a Banner with one Epic-looking Narwhal? (Not Epic like "flashy"/"funny", more Epic like "in a cool pose".
Maybe I can give you some ideas, when I am back up. gotta work some banners anyways.

Please let us have the Reddit Coat of Arms.  We are bringing many players into the community and we would really appreciate this favor.
No. Because there are a lot of clans bringing many players into the community, but I am a fair judge. I don't care who you are and who your clan is and who designed your banner. If the banner got something I don't like I will be honest with you. And as I said: In the end it's not my decision. This is Kalam's Pack. So don't make such a fuss over my opinion, just think about it.

And, to be clear again: I don't care about the Reddit-Clan. All I do is telling you my honest opinion. I want Kalams Bannerpack to be a good one and I am sure I am not the only one. At least until I can make my own Pack. :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:36:03 am by Niemand »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #1086 on: December 04, 2011, 04:24:42 am »
Gaylys, stop trolling around.

and at you other guys: Maybe they are not very medi-evalish. I would not have taken the "communist-kitten" in the pack. The Cochon... well... I didn't care back then and it got not anything on it what is futuristic. And if they've had the "vitruvian Human" that da Vinci made in 1492, there would've been a humans = pigs graphic, too, somewhere. I made them a minecraft-porkchop-banner, too. But they didnt want that one. :D
The Invictus is okay in my opinion, but looks too airbrushed.

Your banner is something else. I see: An Alien. A Letter. Some Seacows/Narwhals/whatevers.

About the Narwhals I think they would be okay. Cant you just do a Banner with one Epic-looking Narwhal? (Not Epic like "flashy"/"funny", more Epic like "in a cool pose".
Maybe I can give you some ideas, when I am back up. gotta work some banners anyways.

But the device on the banner is the reddit coat of arms.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #1087 on: December 04, 2011, 04:37:30 am »
explain:
what does every of the elements of your CoA have to do with Calradia and the cRPG-Mod?

EDIT:
I know you're a Clan that plays other mods/native. It's hard to give up on your CoA only for this mod, I can imagine that, too. And I am sorry to say so, but in my opinion we have to find an alternative for you guys. I want to help you with that, too, since I am not completely an ass.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:41:35 am by Niemand »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #1088 on: December 04, 2011, 06:30:07 am »
explain:
what does every of the elements of your CoA have to do with Calradia and the cRPG-Mod?

EDIT:
I know you're a Clan that plays other mods/native. It's hard to give up on your CoA only for this mod, I can imagine that, too. And I am sorry to say so, but in my opinion we have to find an alternative for you guys. I want to help you with that, too, since I am not completely an ass.
wh....what do any of the banners have to do with Calradia?? There is a bear fucking a goat!
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline Yaxim3

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights of New
  • Game nicks: Yaxim_of_Reddit
« Reply #1089 on: December 04, 2011, 06:48:11 am »
explain:

EDIT:

It's a good thing then that the decision isn't based on your opinion.

Reddit.com is a huge website with millions of users, and has been around for over five years. This coat of arms has been associated with the website for much longer than cRPG was even a thing. When we decided to join in on the fun we saw this coat of arms as the perfect fit as it's an actual medieval styled coat of arms that fits with the medieval game, and represents the community we come from and compared to the other banners I see no reason this one should be denied.

To explain the elements of the coat of arms; The alien has been the mascot of reddit.com since the sites inception, Bacon is bacon its Awesome, the letter is called an orangered its the symbol that indicates a user of reddit has a message, and the look of disapproval is as its called has been a staple in the comment threads of reddit for a long time, the narwhals are from the statement 'the narwal bacons at midnight' a nonsensical statement originating from reddit, and the arrows above and below reddit are the up and down vote arrows the method of approving a link to go further up the page or down voting it further down.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:40:43 am by Yaxim3 »

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #1090 on: December 04, 2011, 11:07:53 am »
You want to piss me off... alright. I will give the troll some more chain:
As I said: I don't fuckin' care who you are. If your banner sucks, it sucks. You can be the president of somewhere or Mitsubishi Motors... I don't care. And if you're not able to make a compromise... well... I could not care lesser who you are.

I also would not approve a 4chan-banner for a clan made by the 4chan-admins/community. And I guess theyre bigger then you.

And yah. That site is there since about 5 years? Gratulations. But it is not relevant here. And YOU want to bring the banner to cRPG. So you gotta follow the rules here.
You want to have a special-spot because youre a huge community? Means you got not enough balls to compete fair.

So my advise for you:
Make. a. new. banner.
and stop bitching like a bunch of cheerleaders on periodtime.

Kalam, we really need a fun-pack. For those guys, for the USA-Flag and lots of other garbage, that ruins the game. :( Then we can bring in the Hello-Kitty-Banner again, too. :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:08:55 am by Niemand »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1091 on: December 04, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »
Blablabla

Dude. This is not your freakin bannerpack so stop thinking like a baws.
Especially because ur opinion matters to kalam u should stop with the "I don't like the banner? Oh, pls make another one"-crap. The reddit-banner is at least some kind of banner, not a bear fucking a goat, a unicorn or a green sun(:lol:) or any other "banner" that does not make any sense.

It adds a nice flavour to the game, so don't ruin it.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #1092 on: December 04, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »
Oh. I will make my bannerpack. And I already know what HRE will get as a banner. hrhr.

And since youre too dumb to understand english: I said at least three times all I do is recommend. If people start to discuss with me after I told them my opinion, I join that discussion for a while. If people act like I order them to do something I will start to give orders. For me the topic of their banner was over after my feedback-post. They started to tell me how big they are like I would give a fuck. So I replied. Nothing wrong from my side.

And if they act as if they are something different from all others just because they bring 29048409583485r903483093408ue09u309uer809,302 People to the mod somebody has to make clear that they are not. If I have to be the asshole that does it I can live with it. I don't really care what people think about me. You can't handle the truth? Ignore me. And join HRE, theyre known for that fact.

Aliens don't fit into the mod. Banner does not look bannerish to me. Learn 2 photoshop. And since I got to repeat my self too often: --End of discussion-- wait for Kalam's opinion.

Offline Yaxim3

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights of New
  • Game nicks: Yaxim_of_Reddit
« Reply #1093 on: December 04, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »
Here is the thing, a banner is something that represents the group that wields it, this banner represents us and where we come from. The Saxons didn't go up to the Normans when they invaded and say "sorry your banner doesn't fit in with Britannia you need to change it" did they?

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #1094 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:25 am »
They should have done that...

and what do I care about that Island, I am frankonian. We owned the english Island once. Same as the rest of europe. :D