Author Topic: Crossbows and the Return of FPS  (Read 16092 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Crossbows and the Return of FPS
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:36 pm »

Wow, im so owned. Too bad you read my posts on a regular basis, im sure you enjoy washing your hands after it.

As for the "muted only once" statement.....shall we remember the old forum stories ? Yoshi Murasaki ring any bells ? Im sure people still remember what a shitty troll you were, and still are under new nickname.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:30:28 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 09:32:37 pm »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 09:43:05 pm »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »
As for the "muted only once" statement

I'm Muted once every 8 months on average. You on the other hand should be permanently muted because all your posts are trashy Balkan insults and shit talk.

Look at your posts just in this thread - all trash. Nothing related to crossbow topic. 100% trash. Trolling, demeaning, insults. Pathetic. And the best part you defending primitive and malevolent. I think we both know why.

Wow, im so owned.

Mirroring. Same thing Moist did. Pure mirroring.

You see, "owned" is something you won't hear from people who are not raging egomaniacs. They just don't talk like that.
When I type something, I don't type it to "own" anyone. But you, you think that if you out-insult someone you "owned" him and are crowned in glory.

There's nothing to debate with you, because aside of argumentum ad hominem your posts are shit. So what am I supposed to do now, continue this discussion so that I can "own" you by outinsulting you? I admit, I am not better than you in that. You see, I'm not even trying to be. I'm not trying to out-insult you, out-trash you, out-ego you. None of that. So go back to people who share that worldview with you, because I value completely different things.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 10:14:24 pm »
because I value completely different things.

Youve said it yourself: you get muted on a regular bases, nothing to talk about anymore.

Values ? Youre so pathetic, coming here talking about values. Trashtalking and geting muted is the biggest value youll ever have in your miserable life. Im done with wasting my keyboard on the likes of you.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »
Seriously learn to read dude. At no point did I say crossbows are OP; I said that there are too many of them combined with all the archers and that this distorts the gameplay.

Agree to disagree.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 10:48:10 pm »
Gosp. Tai Feng ovo ću napisati na "Balkanskom".

Neznam koja je tvoja situacija, koliko imaš godina i od kud si.

Reći ću samo da imam više od 25 godina, živim u Zg, radim, studiram.

U ovom topicu nisam jednu uvredljivu riječ  prema tebi.

Za čovjeka koji se voli pretvarati da je vrlo pametan i načitan koristiš vrlo zanimljiv i uvredljiv riječnik i riječi kao malevolent, mirroring i gluposti o egu ne prikrivaju tu činjenicu.

Čak i onom prilikom kada sam poludio i napao tebe i arčere bio sam svjestan da sam napravio stvar za Ban i bio sam ga spreman pokupiti, moja reakcija je bila ishitrena, impulzivna i da primitivna i glupa i zavrijedila je ispriku s moje strane no nisam psovao. Tvoj odgovor s druge strane je bio znatno drukčiji te me upravo ujerio u suprotno, TI ne trpiš sranja?

Pa ovako: ne trpim ih ni ja, nezam što si ti umišljaš tko si?

Ovo je moja zadnja komunikacija s tobom. Ispričavam ti se sada za onaj napad i to je zadnje što češ čuti od mene.

Ne izigravaj više interent heroja i psihijatra iz svoje stolice ispred kompjutera i okani se dijagnoza i ostalih gluposti. Shvačaš se malo pre ozbiljno i činjenica da si fantastično nasjeo na moju provokaciju, na moj maleni boc govori mnogo o tvome intelektu.

Lijep pozdrav i doviđenja.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:49:12 pm by Mr_Moist »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »
Not good enough. A good Crossbowman will laugh at you, and when you start dodging like crazy and you need to stop because you forgot where you are going now, he will pull the trigger.
They can simply lock-on to you and wait.

Dodging crossbows for the most part is easy mode as long as you don't follow a movement pattern, even then a unexperienced crossbowman will probably mess up even if you just zig zag the same way for 40 feet. Also, if we miss we are probably going to have to go into melee, it's one shot or getting ready to die/melee/run. Archery is a different story, but yeah.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
The best idea from this thread is (in my opinion) the one saying that weapons need WPF requirements in addition to the existing requirements. I think that would be awesome, should this get a sepparate thread?

For instance, as we are speaking about crossbows, 100 should be fine for heavy crossbow, 130 for sniper, 60? for light crossbow...

If this wpf requirements scale similarly to the gold price, it would give the battlefield more variety. But it would be a huge change, so I want to hear more about this from veteran players.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 11:57:56 pm »
The best idea from this thread is (in my opinion) the one saying that weapons need WPF requirements in addition to the existing requirements. I think that would be awesome, should this get a sepparate thread?

For instance, as we are speaking about crossbows, 100 should be fine for heavy crossbow, 130 for sniper, 60? for light crossbow...

If this wpf requirements scale similarly to the gold price, it would give the battlefield more variety. But it would be a huge change, so I want to hear more about this from veteran players.

I'd actually be ok with this as that's around the wpf you need for both of the bows you mentioned to not have incredibly long reload times. However, if they were to do this, then why not take off the str requirements all together? At the very least they might as well nerf the repair costs on the bows. The way I see it right now, I think bows are actually pretty balanced. The really strong ones are a bitch to buy/upkeep and have ridiculously long reload times if you don't put in the WPF, even then they won't 1-shot any thing that has a decent amount of IF/Armor unless you masterwork or headshot them. I was for crossbows getting a nerf in the first big patch as I am against them supposedly getting a damage buff in the next upcoming one. I like where they are currently.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:59:08 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 12:11:59 am »
I would like to see a slightly longer BASE reload time for crossbows and a slighty worse BASE accuracy, but a larger return for your spent WPF, in reload time, accuracy, maybe even in power once you go past 150WPF, maybe to represent your ability to upkeep your machine perfectly, taught string, strong bowarms, snug bolt fit, etc, from being a very experienced Xbowman....same with bows tbh tho, but I doubt this will be popular.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 12:39:10 am »
Main problem is: accepting the ranged playstyle as *equal* is just unacceptable to many. That's the real problem here - anything else is merely a matter of game balance.
There are no complaints about any of the raged styles (from me and most of the posters here anyway) when it comes to dedicated roles - the complaints are about hybrids the inflate the number of projectiles in the air and surprisingly, are not ineffective. Xbows are by far the greatest offenders because they are carried loaded and are used to shoot into melee from short range or as a shotgun in urban warfare style.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 01:21:56 am »
There are no complaints about any of the raged styles (from me and most of the posters here anyway) when it comes to dedicated roles - the complaints are about hybrids the inflate the number of projectiles in the air and surprisingly, are not ineffective. Xbows are by far the greatest offenders because they are carried loaded and are used to shoot into melee from short range or as a shotgun in urban warfare style.

Xbows in close range get 1 shot and are pretty inaccurate when moving. Throwing is far better, it's fast, does high damage and is accurate enough at close range. I'd much rather play in a server with lots of xbows than lots of throwing.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 01:24:01 am »
Really, a lot of problems could be solved by using both str/skill AND wpf as weapon requirements. For example : Sidesword : 14 str/120 wpf. Jarids : 6pt/120 wpf. I'm sure we can come up with a balanced system, and it would really promote variety. Only have 75 wpf in xbows? You're stuck with regular crossbow or worse. Only have 50 prof in 2 hand, cause you're an archer? You get to use the longsword or less. Etc. etc. etc.

Xbows in close range get 1 shot and are pretty inaccurate when moving. Throwing is far better, it's fast, does high damage and is accurate enough at close range. I'd much rather play in a server with lots of xbows than lots of throwing.

I know you play in EU, so you haven't seen this, but we've got some really bad ass xbowers here in NA. They are very effective, because the points they DIDN'T have to put into PD, or PT, went to stat upgrades, or athletics, or PS, or IF. True hybrids, all they have to spend is wpf, with no sacrifice anywhere else. It's very effective for the cost.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:27:12 am by Kophka »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 02:28:21 am »
Really, a lot of problems could be solved by using both str/skill AND wpf as weapon requirements. For example : Sidesword : 14 str/120 wpf. Jarids : 6pt/120 wpf. I'm sure we can come up with a balanced system, and it would really promote variety. Only have 75 wpf in xbows? You're stuck with regular crossbow or worse. Only have 50 prof in 2 hand, cause you're an archer? You get to use the longsword or less. Etc. etc. etc.

I know you play in EU, so you haven't seen this, but we've got some really bad ass xbowers here in NA. They are very effective, because the points they DIDN'T have to put into PD, or PT, went to stat upgrades, or athletics, or PS, or IF. True hybrids, all they have to spend is wpf, with no sacrifice anywhere else. It's very effective for the cost.

I'm not denying that they're effective, but they do have pretty severe drawbacks as opposed to throwing. And that's fine, since throwing costs more. Once throwing has been nerfed/changed I think ranged will be pretty balanced.

The hybrid problem is something else though and for that I support the adding wpf to the requirements of items. That's just a good idea, that could solve oh so many problems.