Author Topic: The financial struggle of new players.  (Read 3777 times)

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
Re: The financial struggle of new players.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 08:07:52 am »
Ideally, that shouldn't be the case. The benefit for having played a long time should largely be the practice you get over that time period. The straight-up bonuses you get should be minimal. For weapon looms, this is already the case (fully loomed armor + gloves still give a large bonus, however).

I do agree with you Saul but I would also argue that many people strongly believe that looms are what make people good players (crutching on looms). Although it does give a bonus to certain items, those people forget that the ones with all the loomed stuff are the ones with the most experience and therefore will beat you. The devs have also reduced the bonuses to armor which are now pretty much on par with weapons.
In an ideal world, the noobs would start with loomed gear (handicap) and lose it as they play more (which in this world would be abused by every player).

As for the issue at hand, the best bet for beginners would be to sell your first loompoint for whatever the price is right now (500-600k). That will give you a huge buffer of gold to buy whatever you want and use any loadout for a long time. You will not need the loompoint as most likely you don't know what you enjoy the most.

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »
We used to have no upkeep for newer players. People abused it.

Ohhh memories  8-)

Anyway, for OP: You should probably sell your first loom point.  They go for about 650,000 gold, which is enough cash to bankroll even the most expensive builds for multiple generations.

That gold is going to help way more than a +1 loom item will.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »
just play in cheaper armor until you build up a buffer of 40-50k gold, it won't take that long

this.  if you have a buffer,  you wont be affected by loosing streaks,  and there are times you dont have to pay anything for many rounds,  which gets you back up quickly
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »
+1
this is all because of an incomplete very liniar and grindy , new player unfriendly simple system, witch tbh imo is actually slowly killing this mod, i have already tried to talk to meow about making the whole heirloomsystem more divers, asin making heirlooms and gold switchable between alts and mains ofc with bonusses for low lvl mains and gold restrictions for high lvl mains to make the general experience more diverse and not have the feeling your waisting your time if not gen grinding on your main, but no they currently dont want to think more open and fix this bs system we have atm. so aslong as it stays this way, this is the horrible experience new players have to sit through. witch has made 6 of the 7 friends ive introduced to crpg, quit withing the first 3 days because they realise what the core liniar grind system in crpg is and dont want to start a game witch is so horribly unrewarding to your time if you dont stick to the exact same gen grind heirloom grind approach witch on itself is already pretty painfull to get through. theyr you have it one of the core failures of crpg, but also what keeps the very tiny constant playerbase in a spell or sumthing.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »
here is a set for you that can provide protection,and you will make money with it.
haubergeon,bascinet,mail,chausses and war cleaver,morningstar,long spear,war spear,awlpike,long axe,italian sword,bastard sword,cav shield or katana.
you can pick any armor below ~7000 gold for body and below 4000 gold for head. you don't need good leg armor,but that iteams are very cheap.

I have 22k of gold and my set is arabian cav sword,cav shield,champ rouncey or courser,helmet with neck guard,Black Mail with Surcoat or Red Tunic over Mail,mail chausses and i make money with it.

Repairs are not problem at all,you just need to play with shit gear untill you get 15-20k of gold,and then you pick byzantium,great khans,bandit or ant banner because it is almoust always in same side as this clans and play battle. you will always have a good multi and make gold.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »
+1
Beg in the streets for a coin?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »
basicly what he ssaying is switch banner to th eteam you see winning each round. you can disregard the rest

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 12:57:14 pm »
well if he go full plate with great swords i doupt that x5 would be enough for him to make cash. So medium gear and winning banner  is the only way.

alt way which is so boring is to play rageball with shit gear and leech multis. I didn't figured out how to always stay in winning team. :cry:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:00:10 pm by Mlekce »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »
+1

Let's introduce a permanent rescue funding programme for newer (lower class) players. All the top percent rich will loan a certain amount of gold into a new program called RCF Ressucitate CRPG Fond.
The program will act as an Stability Mechanism granting loans to newer players to ensure them being able to economically sustain themselves in the C-RPG economy.

Restrictions would of course be needed to be put in place:
  • No over-spending. You will have a budget for each month you must follow.
  • Regulations needs to be put in place so all purchases over 10000 gold would need pre-approval.
  • Unable to repay loans would mean giving up all heirlooms until the cost + interest is paid.
  • Failure to comply will grant the program rights to seize your account and assets.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:26:32 pm by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 02:24:43 pm »
+3
Even as a new player, it's pretty damn easy to earn money in this mod. I think new players have problems because they don't read the guide or ask other players before they blow all their money on gear. If you're constantly spending all your money of course you're going to have money problems.

Maybe if someone logs into the website for the first time there can be a quickstart guide for them. Things like, "Don't spend all of your money." When X and Y happens you start paying upkeep on your equipment. Upkeep costs blah, blah, blah.

It's very easy to have decent equipment and a good chunk of money on your first gen. I made an alt recently, he's level 25 using 30k in gear and I have 27k in gold on him. Making money isn't hard.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 02:27:17 pm »
cooties your idea is evil to the core,

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »
could you plz tell us in comparison to what other game /mod money is eazy to get here, just so we can see things from your perspective

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »
Good tips in this thread.

Basically:

Gold buffer. You will get runs of bad luck and shouldn't then need to take all your gear off. You would then invoke sod's law, and nothing will break for the next 10 rounds.
Weapon WPF. I believe ~140 after weapon modifiers puts your weapon break chance at 2%. Bare in mind every minute in game there is a chance of breakage, so keeping this figure low will help. Armour has 4% chance
Give yourself a limit on total upkeep (20-30k for eg). You will make good profit, just need a little buffer to start. Some can use 60K+ and still break even or have profit but they probably can afford losing gold too

For me medium armour is more than adequate. I prefer spending more on my weapon than the armour. Leg and head armour is situational..You can use no helmet at all or a cheap one and as a new player it won't really make a big difference imo. You also get bigger wpf penalties with the head armour (counts as x3 for the penalty, x2 for gloves). Legs take less damage than body hits (30% less?). I have 30-40 leg armour. Body armour is the main stat to look for, 50-60 is very good, less is still OK as you will move faster to compensate and save money. Remember to get gloves to add to the body stat but you could waste money here. As a new player i'd rather have cheaper gloves and something like sarranid guard armour than expensive gloves and cheaper body armour. Get some IF for more HP

Retire after your first gen and sell your loom point to someone, you will net an easy 600-700k. You can then spend that on upkeep or save it for a masterwork/lordly item.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:12:31 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 03:13:31 pm »
You are a retard if you cant manage to get positive gold as new player.

Until you are about level 20-25(Which is also the time yo ucan start wearing better equip mostly), you will have saved up between 10 and 20 k, which should be enough for medium equipment.

After that, you will still win gold.

Dont wear more than 30k overall cost and you will be fine.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »
Yeah don´t use helmet when you melee, that way you´ll die by one swing no matter what armor you use.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.