Poll

Are you cavalry in single player?

Yes.
No.
What's single player?

Author Topic: Single Player Question  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
Single Player Question
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:54:12 am »
I know that I am always cav. in single player. Being on foot is just to slow for me. So, do any of you play on foot in single player?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Single Player Question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:13 am »
+6
What's single player?
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:09:08 am »
I tried it on a couple of my character. Gets really fun if you know what troops to take and what tactics to use. I don't recommend it with mods, though. At least not until you know 90% of the troops and how they are. Protip: Take throwing. REALLY useful, usually a lot of throwing weapons on the ground to pick up, and it can save you against a lot of foes. Heavy crossbow/siege crossbow is also usefull, but you want some protection to reload behind and a pike or other long stick for cav defense.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 03:15:44 am »
Take a poleaxe and start abusing the bots.

A party made out of 100% crossbowmen can work, but clearly isn't as powerful as full cav.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 03:25:53 am »
Always played as a footman starting from original M&B. Tryed as horseman once and got bored really fast. Its hard at the beginning, but when you get more ironflesh and at least chainmail you can have a lot of kills. Though I always played in melee style, without throwing xbows etc. Charging straight in enemy lines with axe and 100 huscarls beside you is just incredibly epic :) .

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:19:50 pm »
In Prophesy of Pendor you at some point get ridiculous items with 120 speed and I had like 300 wpf. I always loved standing infront of my lines intercepting as much cav as I could with my bazillion body armour, superspeed and superstrength.

In mods that make you less OP being on foot sucks. As soon as the enemy gets overwhelming numbers they spam you. For example when you kill one, the guy behind's attack immediately hits you. It does work though as long as your army is stronger. On horse you can take on 200 man armies on your own. When you ever get into a nasty battle on foot, you're toast.

Don't play Native, get Brytenwalda or Prophesy of Pendor or any other top mods that are out now.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:53:53 pm »
If you have a morningstar, which has crushthrough in single player, some cannon fodder, decent athletics and you have the heroes always follow you being on foot is fine.
And how!

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:00 am »
I just find walking around the battlefield so terribly slow. I like riding around on my horse to get a good speed bonus and knocking out as many people as possible to sell as slaves.  :mrgreen:

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 09:33:25 am »
I just find walking around the battlefield so terribly slow. I like riding around on my horse to get a good speed bonus and knocking out as many people as possible to sell as slaves.  :mrgreen:

Get a blunt weapon

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:07 am »
In Prophesy of Pendor you at some point get ridiculous items with 120 speed and I had like 300 wpf. I always loved standing infront of my lines intercepting as much cav as I could with my bazillion body armour, superspeed and superstrength.

In mods that make you less OP being on foot sucks. As soon as the enemy gets overwhelming numbers they spam you. For example when you kill one, the guy behind's attack immediately hits you. It does work though as long as your army is stronger. On horse you can take on 200 man armies on your own. When you ever get into a nasty battle on foot, you're toast.

Don't play Native, get Brytenwalda or Prophesy of Pendor or any other top mods that are out now.
I had Noldor full armour , Ruby bow Saphire glaive Noldor arrows , and like 120 Noldor rangers , and 80 Noldor twilight knights killed evrything before it even got 100 feet away from me those archers are so OP.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:38 am »
Should be a in a different section :/

Now to ignore my own comment and talk shit!

When I play with the Nords or Rhodocks I go on foot, but only once I'm actually in big fights, its horribly boring doing the early fights on foot. Its a whole lot more fun fighting with your dopy AI horde on foot.

With the nords you group them into a tight ball and get them to hold their ground and as the enemy army approaches the hurl and ungodly amount of throwing axes into them. The Nord Ball is also awesome at sucking up cav, they just get stuck in the blob and hacked to death.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 11:58:50 am »
Cavalry.

Im using bow, sword, spear, sometimes throwing. Its too slow and dangerous on foot.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:17:27 pm »
always play as cav,always use army of 50-100 swadian knights,always kick enemy ass and capture al castles and towns with that small army.
Swadian knights is so op.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:52:34 pm »
always play as cav,always use army of 50-100 swadian knights,always kick enemy ass and capture al castles and towns with that small army.
Swadian knights is so op.
Yeah, they are. That's why I started trying foot characters and no-knight armies. It actually doesn't make it that difficult, only more demanding of you when it comes to tactics. You actually have to command your dudes and not just let them charge from spawn.

Also: I just started a new guy. A MAULER! It's really fun when you get a lot of PS and Athl and just run around whacking people right and left. All the prisoners you also get gives you a HUGE income too :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:34 pm »
Always played Horse Archer in Native. Its just so hilariously broken when you are so accurate while moving you can headshot almost every time at full gallop, so fast nothing can catch you and better in melee than most melee focused troops. Before I discovered the brokenness of HA, I played polecav without a lance - sideswinging all day.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps