Poll

Have you been hit through your correct block?

Yes
81 (76.4%)
No
13 (12.3%)
I think so (but not sure)
12 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Unregistered blocks  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
Re: Unregistered blocks
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:24 pm »
I voted no, but I've been hit when I saw the block animation was there.
I just assume I got hit because I blocked too late. So I don't think there's any faulty mechanics.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:50:36 pm by Madcat »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »
Fucking idiots, make more excuses for your failure. Releasing your block before the enemy's attack actually collides means that the block isn't registering because you aren't blocking for long enough.

Proof you have NO IDEA what your talking about. You try to fight me, and hold block button untill our blades meet, then release and try to attack me. I will have attacked you again and your dead. You release block long before blades meet.

Many items have a mesh which does not fit with what they look like, OR with the damage dealing size. Throwing axes in melee will go throught blocks at their max dmg range, 1h weapon's animations have NOTHING to do with where the hitboxes are......

Blocking needs a lot of work before its reliable. Packet loss is not to blame for half the collision errors, just faulty physics and object sizes, and a very limited mechanic on the engine as yet. Maybe the crpg team will get to really edit the game some time, and the miriad problems with melee might get fixed a bit. As it is now, to have KDR of 20 to 1 once you get to lvl 30 is heavy armour and a greatsword or polearm  of your choice. Then swing away. If you DO kill a teammate, its fine, you wont have any repercusions, it is an accident.

Blocking is very flawed, and to say it isnt is to live in denial....
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:00 pm »
I notice an occasional but sporadic failblock, but...

For me it's almost always:
1) due to the other player moving and possibly striking at an angle i'm not blocking, especially if that other player has a bad connection or high ping
2) due to me releasing block too early, before i hear the block, even for a fraction of a second
3) due to my connection going bad because someone is uploading somehting and my upload gets chocked

When you are able to duel properly and 99% of the blocks are registering fine... it's likely that the server isn't at fault. Before i start playing, i almost always check if my internet connection is okay (ping www.google.nl -t for a minute and see if ping times are stable).

I associate failblocks with bad internet connections.

(On an unrealted topic: i'm getting fiber in a month or so! Yay!)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:30 pm »
I've had this happen to me on several occasions and I've also killed people that I know should really have blocked my attack. There is no question of lag in these instances; the game has otherwise been flowing normally but every so often I've got, or seen other people get, an obvious "phantom block" or seen what should have been hits pass right through enemies harmlessly. There is no mistaking some of these bugged hits; certain of them can't be explained as player error - for instance where two two-hand or polearm fighters fight and one will approach with a readied, obvious attack which is easily blocked, just to get the fight started... I've seen these easy blocks fail. Some of us think there may be some problem with hitboxes.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
This happens to me regularly (2 times per hour seems consistent). I think it is due to a small insidious lag. I am not sure but I feel this happens more frequently when the attacker uses non-Native weapons.

(...) Lastnight it happened a few times too... One situation a guy with a nodachi standing infront of me on a hill, he was slightly lower than me (...) so here I am with my long hafted blade still placed in the up block position, and... his second strike goes right through my block and kills me.

I have noticed that when you fight on the side of steep hill/cliff, one cannot block attacks coming from an opponent who is on the lower side of the slope. This seems to be a game feature: your block is treated as not being on the right level. Now, when fighting on a steep hill, I always turn around my opponent to attack from the lower side: it is a 100% win situation (hey, keep this hint for you guys  :wink: ).

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »
no you are all simply bad
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 01:28:10 pm »
no you are all simply bad

Have yet to die to you :P
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
That video means nothing, collision detection for teammates is different than for enemies.

BS
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.