Poll

The next tournament should be....

with even bigger teams 10-15 (while having possibility that 2 small clans can form 1 clanteam)
53 (43.4%)
about the same size like now (6-9)
38 (31.1%)
small clanteams (3-5) so small clans can participate on their own
18 (14.8%)
no clan tournament, next tournament should be for individuals
13 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 03)  (Read 28377 times)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
Re: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 03)
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »
My bad, I thought that was directed to me (no idea as to why). Sorry!
It's obviously because you're used to hear people telling you that you're a prick :)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2011, 08:18:10 pm »
So am I lazy or ignorant? Which is it?

I'm talking about in-game. If we were doing something that was violating the rules, it would have been nice of him to formally inform us in the chat instead of a bump and a slash(which says nothing in manners of communication). Any other host would have issued a warning before the punishment. You don't punish someone and warn them afterward, this is not kindergarten - we understand words.

But it's all in the past. I'm sure everyone learned lessons from this tournament. We won't be punching anymore, and we'll be more apprehensive toward rules.

It's not my decision. If majority of our members feel negative toward participating, of course we will not.

I'm not even on a horse. :lol:

My bad, I thought that was directed to me (no idea as to why). Sorry!

Mercs won it on the field - Thats what counts for me atleast.

Ability to read is something different - Doesn´t have to do anything with ingame skills.

GG - Big thanks to Beauchamp -
Last tournament for me for now since I just dislike teams bigger than five.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »
I just dropped into that tournament, we fought five battles and won them all nicely... three times we had a flawless victory even.... So i figure we won. :wink: That's all i'm gonna say about that.

Now, please don't start insulting eachother. Nemeth, saying 'no offence' doesn't make it okay to call people idiots. I was there; we behaved fine and weren't disruptive at all.
I wasn't away of the punching rule. Nor did i punch anyone. However, i did slash at beauchamp when he rode in on his horse and slashed a teammate.
Also, you might have noticed i spawned with my horse a few times. Didn't know that was against the 'rules' either. Next time i'll walk. You can penalize us as much as you want though. Who cares anyway. :lol:

I'd recommend keeping tournaments simple and making sure the scores of the battles matter, not some administrative mumbo jumbo with points, referees giving penalties, etc. But that's just my 2 cents. Do whatever you want. I haven't read the scoring system though.
So you wouldn't mind me running inside during the fights, horsebumping people and killing the one who keeps score? Cause that wouldn't disrupt the event at all since we only need to look at kills right? Of course this would also apply if everyone did it too.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2011, 08:27:26 pm »
So you wouldn't mind me running inside during the fights, horsebumping people and killing the one who keeps score? Cause that wouldn't disrupt the event at all since we only need to look at kills right? Of course this would also apply if everyone did it too.

I'm sorry but how does this correlate at all with what he said?

You're implying that unless you don't punish people with point deductions, people will run into the field and misbehave?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2011, 08:38:06 pm »
stop spamming this thread please...
take that discussion over PM, in IRC or in spam forum.

not here

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:38 pm »
about the rules and who won from what point i expressed myself already enough, spectating will hopefully solve most of the problems (i personally just don't like people doing any silly stuff and i think if its not limited in begining, it will become unmanagable in the end). still if anybody is willing to organize some event with more loose rules, he is free to do so.

still feel free to bring on thoughts about anything that needs a change. a new map would be also nice but so far nobody seems to be willing to spend any time on making it.

next tourney will be 2v2 (with even people from different clan can be in a couple). some bigger clan tourney should be after that.

i will keep this thread unlocked as it will make the next tournament even more spicy  :twisted:
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »
Oh Zapper, i don't know you and i don't really wanna respond. But here goes:
No, i don't want anyone to run into any fight and disrupt anything. Nor do i want the person keeping score to be killed. Like i said, he just rode over, slashed some merc and we, out of sheer reflexes and conditioning, without thinking... i guess we killed the referee. I thought it was kinda funny though.

Now, if you want to maintain that that means you've 'won' because of that... well... congratulations.  :|

And again, thanks a lot for all your hard work Beau. It IS appreciated. Don't wanna sound ungrateful for all the work that must have gone into that.

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »
Much appreciated Beau, looking forward to it! Having suffered through the ordeal that is organizing ladders and tourneys in other games, hat's off to you for continuing. Especially in the crpg community, which as we know is on the youthful and whiny side of the spectrum.

Oh, and mercs, you won. Have my trophy, cookie and eastern european hooker. Bear in mind, one of those are not real!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:47:06 pm by Daergar »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2011, 09:21:45 pm »
So am I lazy or ignorant? Which is it?

I'm talking about in-game. If we were doing something that was violating the rules, it would have been nice of him to formally inform us in the chat instead of a bump and a slash(which says nothing in manners of communication). Any other host would have issued a warning before the punishment. You don't punish someone and warn them afterward, this is not kindergarten - we understand words.

But it's all in the past. I'm sure everyone learned lessons from this tournament. We won't be punching anymore, and we'll be more apprehensive toward rules.

Those two conditions are not mutually exclusive.
And again, use common sense. The warning was the slash, the punishment was point deduction (can't belive I actually have to explain that to you). You can argue about the proper way of delivering the warning, but ultimately, it's up to Beau. If he sees fit to slash you, you should probably accept it or face the consequences (as you did).

Offline Storm

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2011, 10:57:41 pm »
Meh. I respected Risen. I like many of your guys and also your playstyle was ever appealing. Also we had a really nice fight imho, which was on the tip with us having a 3vs3 after the first clash.

But you really don't have to wonder, why Mercs are in a tempered mood right now. We were trying to be calm about this, because we know, what we achieved, but seriously you can't ask us to be all nice if Razzen, Greifenherz and Thovex post such BS in their and our clanthread imho. I never thought, that you guys were as arrogant as to be proud of a victory, which you didn't really clearly earn. Ok, I might got carried away here, cus Berengar is being the biggest dick there.

Anyways, this matter can only be solved with a neat clan battle.

@Beau: Well if the word tournament comes up in a mind, I mostly think of tournament styles often observed in professional sport. So if you prefer a league system, make a large league system only with a clear winner of points at the end of a season. If you prefer a more tournament-friendly system, I recommend the groups system, which you actually used as well, but just with another system for the finals. I thought 3rd of first group would have faced 1st of second group and so on with a K.O. system (think world cup).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:01:22 pm by Storm »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »
Grats for winners and grats for those who didn't lose a match  :D

About breaking the rules, the penaltys were given and everyone can think for theirselves if the enforcement was needed or not.
In my opinion by participating the tournament you are expected to know the rules, and agree to them.  And also think for your own and your clans reputation, and how will acting like a fool effect it.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »
But you really don't have to wonder, why Mercs are in a tempered mood right now. We were trying to be calm about this, because we know, what we achieved, but seriously you can't ask us to be all nice if Razzen, Greifenherz and Thovex post such BS in their and our clanthread imho. I never thought, that you guys were as arrogant as to be proud of a victory, which you didn't really clearly earn. Ok, I might got carried away here, cus Berengar is being the biggest dick there.

In fact, I'm not having problems with winning or losing in any aspect, maybe from your point of view we lost, that's fine by me in fact I agree with that.
but please don't shove the deeds all our fault, I just mentioned the points were not going to be in the mercs favor on your thread, the only thing I got is Bjord bitching about it, which I can't help.
Neither can I control all my members posts, everyone has their point of winning, guess there are 2 winners: the winners who won point wise and the winners who won without losing a match

This clan tournament feels like a bit of practice to me, even though I couldn't even attend, maybe we should all on both sides stop acting fucked up towards eachother, since I agree as well that I was acting like a bitch and should not have been done, sorry for that.

Now let's congratulate each other with two victories and eat some cake?  :)

Anyways, this matter can only be solved with a neat clan battle.

Yep, although looking at the score we might want to do some more training.  :wink:

these posts are really hurting your thread?  :?
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19.msg59892.html#msg59892
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19.msg60230.html#msg60230

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:29:56 pm by Thovex »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:52 am »
Just drop it boys and save the hatred for strategus.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2011, 10:45:42 am »
A thread lock would be +10 internets right now.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2011, 12:31:01 pm »
a new map would be also nice but so far nobody seems to be willing to spend any time on making it.

i have started to make a new arena map for you :)

Just tell me what you want to get added on it.

Here is some what i have done so far. a Duel and normal Arenas.
I was thinking to make a big Arena, a cavalry fight arena and a cavalry race arena there aswell.

and here is the download link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2716

CTF (Flags) are not accessible on the map

You can freely use the map
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:23:24 pm by Mustikki »