Poll

The next tournament should be....

with even bigger teams 10-15 (while having possibility that 2 small clans can form 1 clanteam)
53 (43.4%)
about the same size like now (6-9)
38 (31.1%)
small clanteams (3-5) so small clans can participate on their own
18 (14.8%)
no clan tournament, next tournament should be for individuals
13 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 03)  (Read 28379 times)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Re: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 03)
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:37 pm »
as long as you understand that a clan and a member isn't the same thing it should be allright, though i don't think that we have more tards than other clans, they're just maybe more known and better than other's ^^

this tournament is following your rules beauchamp so well, it is how you want it to be,

at least it allowed our clan to show that even if we were a bit rusty in the beggining we are the best in the end

Hehe, we were missing quite some key players in the end battles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »
The ninjas will be back next time - stronger than ever.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2011, 03:34:16 pm »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2011, 03:36:12 pm »
Hehe, we were missing quite some key players in the end battles.

Ragni, Melas, GTX and Razzen - what are you talking about?

They're your best players.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2011, 04:15:01 pm »
Ragni, Melas, GTX and Razzen - what are you talking about?

They're your best players.

Narim, Argeleb, Xineas, aswell I wasn't in that battle.

Argeleb and I had to go after 2 matches, Narim had horrible ping couldn't let him play (700+) and Xineas couldn't attend.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »
well ... we all are key players in the Mercs but i wasn't here too thovex :x

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:38 pm »
Well it's your tournament and y'all can do whatever you want, but i'll keep saying we won. If your 'score system' says otherwise, it needs tweaking.  :wink:

Also: i'd recommend the referee use words, instead of slashing people from a mount... i thought Beauchamp was trolling or bored or something. Never saw anything in chat, to be honest.
Keep in mind, chat scrolls up. You might need to repeat yourself once or twice...

Anyway, fun tournament. Good job on organising it.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:50 pm »
Well it's your tournament and y'all can do whatever you want, but i'll keep saying we won. If your 'score system' says otherwise, it needs tweaking.  :wink:

Also: i'd recommend the referee use words, instead of slashing people from a mount... i thought Beauchamp was trolling or bored or something. Never saw anything in chat, to be honest.
Keep in mind, chat scrolls up. You might need to repeat yourself once or twice...

Anyway, fun tournament. Good job on organising it.

The score system says otherwise because you went wrong in the Qualifying rounds where we barely lost someone and in the finals you went much better than us, so in fact the score system works fine.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2011, 07:18:24 pm »
following beauchamp's rules we lost it ^^ following strategus rules we won it, i think it's what matters ^^

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:04 pm »
The score system says otherwise because you went wrong in the Qualifying rounds where we barely lost someone and in the finals you went much better than us, so in fact the score system works fine.

Obviously Phazh was talking about the -5 deduction. Which caused us to lose, and you to win.

And if you want to talk about facts; we beat you in the final round of the finals tournament. That speaks for itself. As for excuses, to each and his own ;).

In regards to the qualifying rounds, using your words; many of our "key" players didn't play either.

@Beau: Thank you for arranging this tournament, shame about the deduction but I guess you did what you thought was necessary. I don't know if we'll come the next tournament as many of our members were quite unhappy with your decision. Maybe you'll make sure everybody knows the rules so they don't break them next time. (As I'm sure none of us were aware of this "no-punching" rule.)

Looking forward to similar events.  :wink:

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »

Yes, because Beau is always like that, joking around during the tournaments, slashing people for fun... right? Saying it in chat is pointless as people were spamming the chat the whole time. If you don't get that when the guy who organizes the tournament rides up to you and slashes you after you act like an idiot means you did something wrong, well that's your problem. Just use common sense.

PS: The tone of the post might be a bit aggressive, so no offense.

EDIT:
@Bjord - Just because you are too lazy to read the rules of a tourny you play in doesn't mean Beau should make sure you know them. It's not hard to read the few lines in the OP. Ignorance is not an excuse.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:38:40 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
I don't know if we'll come the next tournament as many of our members were quite unhappy with your decision.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

Don't act like a prick. It will be damaging to the tournament, a major team not participating, and you (should) know that. Now get off your high horse and accept that.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »
@Bjord - Just because you are too lazy to read the rules of a tourny you play in doesn't mean Beau should make sure you know them. It's not hard to read the few lines in the OP. Ignorance is not an excuse.

So am I lazy or ignorant? Which is it?

I'm talking about in-game. If we were doing something that was violating the rules, it would have been nice of him to formally inform us in the chat instead of a bump and a slash(which says nothing in manners of communication). Any other host would have issued a warning before the punishment. You don't punish someone and warn them afterward, this is not kindergarten - we understand words.

But it's all in the past. I'm sure everyone learned lessons from this tournament. We won't be punching anymore, and we'll be more apprehensive toward rules.

Don't act like a prick. It will be damaging to the tournament, a major team not participating, and you (should) know that. Now get off your high horse and accept that.

It's not my decision. If majority of our members feel negative toward participating, of course we will not.

I'm not even on a horse. :lol:

My bad, I thought that was directed to me (no idea as to why). Sorry!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:08:28 pm by Bjord »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:06 pm »
I just dropped into that tournament, we fought five battles and won them all nicely... three times we had a flawless victory even.... So i figure we won. :wink:

I wasn't away of the punching rule. Nor did i punch anyone. However, i did slash at beauchamp when he rode in on his horse and slashed a teammate.
Also, you might have noticed i spawned with my horse a few times. Didn't know that was against the 'rules' either. Next time i'll walk. You can penalize us as much as you want though. Who cares anyway. :lol:

I'd recommend keeping tournaments simple and making sure the scores of the battles matter, not some administrative mumbo jumbo with points, referees giving penalties, etc. But that's just my 2 cents. Do whatever you want.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:17:07 pm by Phazey »