Author Topic: I fucking hate cRPG  (Read 20547 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: I fucking hate cRPG
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:01 pm »
Do you have weak wrists and hand bones bro?
You can punch a wall as-fucking-hard-as-you-can and not break anything if you have remotely conditioned wrists and hands. You'll bleed because your soft tissue can't hold up to it, split knuckles and such, but by god you shouldn't break anything. Doing shit wrong.

Post your video of you punching a cement wall as hard as you can without breaking anything. We all want to see it.  :rolleyes:

I'll give you a MW heirloomed item.

As hard as you can. Cement. Not cinder block. Cement. As hard as you can.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »
+1
You're just mad that physics apply to you, Rumblood
And how!

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »
Rumblood you shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

It is possible without breaking your hand/wrist. Noone says it doesn't hurt or you won't bleed or get a bruise or whatever, but you don't have to break your fingers, hand, whatever. It can happen, but doesn't have to.

Some people sometimes in their youth for example get the feeling or desire to hurt themselves, probably because they are drunk or something else in their life didn't work well and they are kinda stupid and think that would help.
In those moments people sometimes hit walls as hard as possible. Their hand doesn't have to break, yet it hurts alot, mostly next morning :D

But I suppose it depends on your condition. Doing no sport you might not hit very hard. Doing sport you might hit harder. Doing martial arts you might hit much harder, but your fists, wrists etc are used to hitting thus won't break that fast ;)

Sadly I have to say I did these weird things a couple of times when I was younger and it always hurt alot, sometimes more than a couple of days, but nothing broke :)

Anyway, to the topic: Hitting walls is a useless way to spend your freetime and it doesn't help at all. Find some other methods, people wrote many now.
I would suggest don't play another game or change your playstyle or whatever when you have these feelings/problems again. Turn off your pc, go out, enjoy the sun or whatever you love to do. You could also start playing an instrument, can be very nice
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:51:59 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »
Rumblood you shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

It is possible without breaking your hand/wrist. Noone says it doesn't hurt or you won't bleed or get a bruise or whatever, but you don't have to break your fingers, hand, whatever. It can happen, but doesn't have to.

Some people sometimes in their youth for example get the feeling or desire to hurt themselves, probably because they are drunk or something else in their life didn't work well and they are kinda stupid and think that would help.
In those moments people sometimes hit walls as hard as possible. Their hand doesn't have to break, yet it hurts alot, mostly next morning :D

But I suppose it depends on your condition. Doing no sport you might not hit very hard. Doing sport you might hit harder. Doing martial arts you might hit much harder, but your fists, wrists etc are used to hitting thus won't break that fast ;)

Sadly I have to say I did these weird things a couple of times when I was younger and it always hurt alot, sometimes more than a couple of days, but nothing broke :)

Anyway, to the topic: Hitting walls is a useless way to spend your freetime and it doesn't help at all. Find some other methods, people wrote many now.
I would suggest don't play another game or change your playstyle or whatever when you have these feelings/problems again. Turn off your pc, go out, enjoy the sun or whatever you love to do. You could also start playing an instrument, can be very nice

What am I even reading? No one is going to not break something if they put all their strength into punching a cement wall. Though I imagine it's quite hard to punch something with all your strength knowing that it's going to really hurt you, like putting your hand over fire. 

Edit: This is of course assuming you are stronger than a toddler.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:56:32 pm by Penguin »
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:51 pm »
I suggest you just walk away. I did that a week or two ago (though for different reasons), glorious and RL is being better because I am focusing on it.

It sounds like things are bad in real life and you are using c-RPG to become self-destructive (to relationships with your CHAOS buddies your physical self etc) and possibly letting RL aspects become worse by lack of attention/not distressing.

Uninstall Warband, walk away and throw yourself into other activities, let friends drag you to things that don't sound fun, become active and things will be easier.

Later, walk back when things are not so bad.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2012, 12:01:22 am »
I'm 18 and in my first year of college

WTF are you doing playing this game when your 18.  Dude go here:

http://seductiondatabase.com/sdb/

Learn how to pick up chicks, have fun in college.  Then when you are out of school found a good girl have a decent job then and only then play this game.  Otherwise you are wasting precious time.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:02:41 am by Formless »
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:08 am »
+1
That PUA stuff is for nerds who need a math style approach to talking to women, what happens when the equation falls away and you're left without a facade? How about just trying to "be yourself"?
And how!

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2012, 12:20:44 am »
What am I even reading? No one is going to not break something if they put all their strength into punching a cement wall. Though I imagine it's quite hard to punch something with all your strength knowing that it's going to really hurt you, like putting your hand over fire. 

Edit: This is of course assuming you are stronger than a toddler.

Sure it works without breaking anything. But it can also be the other way round.

Btw, when the intention is to hurt yourself you can hit quite hard ;)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2012, 12:22:35 am »
That PUA stuff is for nerds who need a math style approach to talking to women, what happens when the equation falls away and you're left without a facade? How about just trying to "be yourself"?

Sorry mate, you are talking old school PUA, back when I was first part of the community that is what it was.  PUA now is mostly all about how to improve yourself, how to put your best foot forward and how to create the best possible you.  Chicks are just the side benefit not the end goal.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:15 am »
+1
Huey I thoroughly enjoy M ing you (and almost only you).

Take a break.. just.. turn off the computer and leave it off for a week or so. It is indeed like a drug - need to detox yerself.

Figure out what you are doing with this sort of gf - you should sort of not be giving a crap about a game.

The current iteration breeds more long term rage. Old cRPG sure had short term rage, part of a combat sim, but I suspect the slower play of this generation really means the rage has longer to simmer. I mean you still die frustratingly now, but it is like it is in slow motion for additional torment.

Maybe we are jaded by the mostly shite offerings from game companies and frustrated by the limits of warband, one of the few multiplayer games really worth playing.

If you don't take a break might I suggest...
Archery.
It's the only thing worse then a flamberge for team mates getting in your fucking way. You will have to develop a laugh at the situation mentality, or end up giving yourself an ulcer. You can forget kdr and all that nonsense - most of your targets will get finished off by someone else and the truly good archers spend a lot of time NOT shooting - you have to give up the glory in order to not shoot the infantry (if you are one of those shoot always archers, you are not good), you certainly have to read the battlefield differently then cavalry or infantry.
If you take that 'just got to laugh' attitude, archery is relaxing.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:43 am »
Doesen't your strength have anything to do with breaking your hand if you punch a cement wall as hard as possible? So that means that everyone saying that you wouldn't break your hand is skinny!
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:10 am »
You know, you can adjust how hard you hit a wall... Your body is not forced into a haymaker.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:36 am »
+4
I love you hoooooooey.
if the girl is giving you issues just find a nice man who will treat you right.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:29 am »
If you've got girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but cRPG ain't one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cedric_Scott

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Empire
  • Game nicks: Cedric_Scott
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 12:53:30 am »
+1
Start working out so that next time you punch something hard you will break your hand, then you will either be unable to play or will be so bad that you RQ again and end up breaking your other good hand. Then you wont be able to play because of your two broken hands, if you chose to learn to play with a combination of your face and your feet then you have problems and I can't help you, sorry.