Author Topic: Renaissance items: katzbalger, landsknecht hats and jerkins  (Read 5727 times)

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Renaissance items: katzbalger, landsknecht hats and jerkins
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:15 pm »
+9
EDIT:
In this thread I want to present and give place to opinions(and support for this cause!) about some renaissance stuff I'd like to be in cRPG. They are:

- katzbalger from Talak's OSP - basic side sword of the landsknechts
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

- hats with plumes and leather jerkins from Renaissance mod
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(of course not all four armors would go to mod)

I think there is lack of just a few items from early Renaissance. There are flamberg, morions and bucklers from a long time in mod and recently was added Narf's black armours, but they're all quite heavy stuff and some new items for lighter builds would be awesome.

Katzbalger is from OSP so it's free to use and creator of jerkins and hats, Bayard-X and also Zimke who did some editing(and made awesome Turkish and Byzantium stuff), gave the permission to use it in cRPG(I've PMed with them) :)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:00:01 pm by HUtH »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Renaissance side arm and hat
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:42 pm »
+2
HAT!

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:56:07 pm »
yep, that hat would be awesome.... now nothing really fits black armor but morions(that I don't like much)... and then are only some stupid caps.
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »
Is there any way to mod this shit out of the game, delete it somehow.. or really do anything to get rid of it? Its so ugly, I cant stand it.

Im not talking about deleting it from the mod, it wont happen. Im talking about my side, the player side.

Maybe possible to change textures, to the old black armor? Somehow.. or, any other ideas?
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:31:46 pm »
+1
i would like to see the foil / rapier in game.. could only thrust. around 24 pierce? 97-101 speed?
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 02:04:34 am »
+1
Is there any way to mod this shit out of the game, delete it somehow.. or really do anything to get rid of it? Its so ugly, I cant stand it.

Im not talking about deleting it from the mod, it wont happen. Im talking about my side, the player side.

Maybe possible to change textures, to the old black armor? Somehow.. or, any other ideas?
I lol'd at your rage... yeah, you can get back old rubbish black armor, find out in modding section at TW forums if you hate new armor so much lol
I don't like weeboo stuff, but I don't go all rage on it, jesus... the more diversity the better, you know.

i would like to see the foil / rapier in game.. could only thrust. around 24 pierce? 97-101 speed?
a foil isn't very "battle" weapon I suppose... rapier would be nice, although it's rather late renaissance weapon, and there is side sword and espadas in game now. Though there still lack of a weapon with rapier-like hilt.
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:37 am »
Glad to hear that ONE person dont rage on Japanese stuff, but still... you are the only ONE that admit that. Forum is full of - anit Japanese crap, same is the multiplayer.

And this armor... terrible. I just dont like such kind in general (pikeman). Its not the only one that I dislike. There are other similar, but they dont look that ugly.

Variety is good, as long as it looks good (for me).

Also.. would like to get rid of this god damn helmet that got added with this armor.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:32:35 am by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:04:51 am »
Ok, I'm against it.

First:  The second link, the one with the swords. They are badly made and do not fit. The seax there is totally ugly and I don't know what it has to do with Renaissance in your opinion^^   The last sword among those (half and half sword) is Narsil/Anduril, can't see that exactly, but we have no need for a fantasy sword with runes carved on the blade, although I love that sword. You can even see them on the blade.  So no.

Second: The armours. We already have some armours that look like that (new black armour). It is damn ugly and once it was said that crpg wants to stay in a certain time period. It never worked, but anyway chadz once said he doesn't want things like this Landsknecht armour. Sadly we have it now. But I am totally against adding new stuff, especially such an ugly hat that is cheaply made.

Same goes for the unique armours things. I would love to see such stuff, but these seem to be cheaply made.

And I still don't undestand what they have to do with Renaissance^^

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 10:18:16 am »
Sutton Hoo
Spangenhelm
and the hat ofc :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:37:48 am »
+7
The hat should be more like this:

Then I would finally be fabulous.

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »
Ok, I'm against it.

First:  The second link, the one with the swords. They are badly made and do not fit. The seax there is totally ugly and I don't know what it has to do with Renaissance in your opinion^^   The last sword among those (half and half sword) is Narsil/Anduril, can't see that exactly, but we have no need for a fantasy sword with runes carved on the blade, although I love that sword. You can even see them on the blade.  So no.

Second: The armours. We already have some armours that look like that (new black armour). It is damn ugly and once it was said that crpg wants to stay in a certain time period. It never worked, but anyway chadz once said he doesn't want things like this Landsknecht armour. Sadly we have it now. But I am totally against adding new stuff, especially such an ugly hat that is cheaply made.

Same goes for the unique armours things. I would love to see such stuff, but these seem to be cheaply made.

Clearly you didn't read my post carefully... I only want katzbalger from these swords :) And I don't want any new armour.

yeah, because you totally ignored what I've written? :D
I will edit first post, for the people like you to understand - I propose to add only two new items, the hat and katzbalger, period.

The hat should be more like this:

(click to show/hide)

Then I would finally be fabulous.
That stuff is great, although I don't have even a bit of hope, that someone would make that and chadz would accept and add this into game
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:06:54 pm by HUtH »
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:54:54 pm »
Clearly you didn't read my post carefully... I only want katzbalger from these swords :) And I don't want any new armour.

yeah, because you totally ignored what I've written? :D
I will edit first post, for the people like you to understand - I propose to add only two new items, the hat and katzbalger, period.

Ok I have to admit I clearly missed that among all the links  :lol:   my bad, sorry.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »
+1
For the love of fuck give me my hat!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Renaissance stuff: katzbalger, landsknecht hats and leather jerkins
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 12:24:34 pm »
+2
What do you people think about these landsknecht leather jerkins(and hats)? One or two in the mod would be awesome, generally there aren't many good looking light-mid armours in the game...

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Creator of these armours and hats, Bayard-X and also Zimke who did some editing(and made awesome Turkish and Byzantium stuff), gave the permission to use it in cRPG :)

first post edited
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:46:16 pm by HUtH »
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39