Author Topic: Smoothrich admin abuse  (Read 4796 times)

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
Re: Smoothrich admin abuse
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 04:25:50 am »
Smoothrich should give himself a 24 hour ban and think about what he did and why others might have thought it was wrong to do what he did. Once his ban is over he can make a thread explaining himself in detail and apologising if he wants too.

Larlik has spoken.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 04:38:31 am »
Define "poll abuse".

I thought it was multiple polls when people already voted no.

1 poll where 51% vote yes would not really be poll abuse.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 04:40:17 am »
ban polling top players of an opposing strat team when you will have almost an ensured majority due to the other team all voting 1.. ban polls shouldn't be used when admins are present of which there were like 6 total on both sides who can and would handle complaints by following proper protocol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:23 am »
Define "poll abuse".

I thought it was multiple polls when people already voted no.

1 poll where 51% vote yes would not really be poll abuse.
1 poll 59% yes

Edit:smooth the battle was over so it wasnt like i was affecting the outcome
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:43:27 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 04:42:38 am »
Isn't the rule, "Don't poll if admin is there?"

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:45 am »
Please ban yourself Smoothrich, for being a sperg and causing not angry nerds in Hospitallers and DL to rage like 10 year old children. Ban yourself now.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:59 am »
ban polling top players of an opposing strat team when you will have almost an ensured majority due to the other team all voting 1.. ban polls shouldn't be used when admins are present of which there were like 6 total on both sides who can and would handle complaints by following proper protocol
This theory would work if the admins would actually do their jobs instead of being biased; however, we apparently need a neutral party to review Smoothrich's admin activities in the NA servers. 
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 04:44:30 am »
Isn't the rule, "Don't poll if admin is there?"
I believe the rule is that if the admins disable polls, then you shouldn't poll.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:09 am »
This theory would work if the admins would actually do their jobs instead of being biased; however, we apparently need a neutral party to review Smoothrich's admin activities in the NA servers.

Shadowren was online and muted Allers himself, a ban poll was not needed.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:16 am »
1 poll 59% yes

Edit:smooth the battle was over so it wasnt like i was affecting the outcome

You elected to go with a ban poll in a situation that could've been, and was being, handled by admins:  its overstepping the purpose of the poll system and I told the admins present/your team to direct you to post an unban appeal and I would handle it.  I'm not surprised this thread devolved into shit posting and trolling, but I made my decision and I wasn't set out to abuse admin powers or grief another team or anything.  Like I said I would, I unbanned you after you made the thread.. though its too bad this is a SMOOTHRICH IS TYRANT thread and not an apology for submitting a ban poll when you shouldn't of!  No worries though, I won't hold a grudge towards anyone posting here, even if others do so against me.  I will chalk it up to post-strat battle hysteria from all parties

Also, I am pretty sure I am under the closest scrutiny of any NA admins already due to my propensity to troll and be a boisterous shit talker, but any actual decisions or bans I make are founded purely on fairness, reason, and keeping the servers griefer free.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:50:45 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:59 am »
You elected to go with a ban poll in a situation that could've been, and was being, handled by admins:  its overstepping the purpose of the poll system and I told the admins present/your team to direct you to post an unban appeal and I would handle it.  I'm not surprised this thread devolved into shit posting and trolling, but I made my decision and I wasn't set out to abuse admin powers or grief another team or anything.  Like I said I would, I unbanned you after you made the thread.. though its too bad this is a SMOOTHRICH IS TYRANT thread and not an apology for submitting a ban poll when you shouldn't of!  No worries though, I won't hold a grudge towards anyone posting here, even if others do so against me.  I will chalk it up to post-strat battle hysteria from all parties
you should probably know i heard nothing of being told to do anything. thats not your fault or anyones fault though. I just made a ban appeal because i dont think a ban for posting a ban poll is necessary. Second it passed with 59% meaning people on his team agreed with it. 3rd, he was muted AFTER the poll. And not only that, Shik who was there didn't do anything either.Saying something along the lines of "I think it might be poll abuse BUT IM BIASED" I am saying you made a biased decision.
One that doesnt matter now but one that was biased.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:51:17 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 04:50:22 am »

As previously stated, the ban poll was submitted before he was muted.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:50 am »
As previously stated, the ban poll was submitted before he was muted.

And that is why you wait for the admins to do their job instead of being a cRPG vigilante and taking things into your own hands.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 04:52:36 am »
Smoothrich handled the situation just fine. I would of done the same if i was in his shoes.

I muted him after the poll when i started to see complaints.

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:13 am »
you should probably know i heard nothing of being told to do anything. thats not your fault or anyones fault though. I just made a ban appeal because i dont think a ban for posting a ban poll is necessary. Second it passed with 59% meaning people on his team agreed with it. 3rd, he was muted AFTER the poll.

Allers was misbehaving, and I honestly did not catch him continuously spamming chat:  I would've unbanned you in an hour anyways, I think the length of the ban I set in game made people rage more then anything, but I do believe ban polls aren't necessary in strat battles when admins are present, I should make sure they are disabled for when I am actually in them so incidents like this don't happen again.