Author Topic: Is this bannable?  (Read 12338 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Is this bannable?
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »
+1
There's this quick easy fix for this, it's called use the mute button and stop QQing.

Seriously if you're actually getting upset over what people are calling you in a game then you have some serious issues, your life must suck.

As I said though, quick fix to this is stop being stupid and lazy and just use your handy little mute option on these persons.

K thanks

You're hot.  Where do you live?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »
I'll be sure to pass that forward every time somebody mentions anything about there girlfriend or who they are sleeping with or how hot Pamela Anderson is.  I don't talk about this in vent nor do I talk about it in game.  I made a post to see what I could get away with using the "i" chat.  You chose to read this thread and now you are upset it has been "thrown in your face".  Lol.

You're a fool. I'm the primary person in this thread stickin up for your right to avoid personal harrassment. What I now interpret is that you are trolling people to get those responses. Have fun trying to get a response from me in the future. Don't bother using "i" chat. Post up your "evidence" and I'll take into consideration that you are a troll and doing what you can to evoke those responses. You'll have to prove that it is "personal" and that you didn't do anything "personally" to elicit the response. That's going to be a tough sell after your responses in this thread.

Have fun.

P.S. - I don't think you are gay.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2012, 10:42:43 pm »
You're a fool. I'm the primary person in this thread stickin up for your right to avoid personal harrassment. What I now interpret is that you are trolling people to get those responses. Have fun trying to get a response from me in the future. Don't bother using "i" chat. Post up your "evidence" and I'll take into consideration that you are a troll and doing what you can to evoke those responses. You'll have to prove that it is "personal" and that you didn't do anything "personally" to elicit the response. That's going to be a tough sell after your responses in this thread.

Have fun.

P.S. - I don't think you are gay.

I'd prefer it this way.  I would elect to have fair treatment rather then special treatment.  If I feel that things are getting out of hand and using the "i" chat isn't standard nor taken seriously as a norm then I will post in the forums.  I thought that you guys took complaints through the "i" chat seriously but sorry for misunderstanding the intent of that program.  I will post complains on forums if a serious issue comes up.

Offline Kalanar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2012, 11:00:36 pm »
Its cowardly and poor sportsmanship to be going around calling people bad names on the internet. If the fun you get out of the game is the freedom to call people bigoted names, than I do think you should be banned. It's a form of griefing, just as equal to delaying a match or exploiting a bug.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:22 pm »
+4
There's this quick easy fix for this, it's called use the mute button and stop QQing.

Seriously if you're actually getting upset over what people are calling you in a game then you have some serious issues, your life must suck.

Quote from: Adrian
Lmao at this fat fucking piece of useless shit. Who the fuck are you? You're literally just some lard ass who thinks he's "somebody" in this mod for some reason. OMFG you can manage to maintain some 2-1 KD in battle as a lancer #easymode. And smoothfatfuck aren't you part of LLJK? Last time I checked that clan is literally home to 90% of the trolls in CRPG. Congrats you worthless, obese waste of space. Instead of sitting your fat ass trolling around on the forums, how about you go run some fucking laps down in your parents basement where we all know your stupid ass resides.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »
+1

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:18 am »
I dont really think it's smart of people to be throwing 'my old friend' around all of the time but I also feel that in alot of cases people CHOOSE to be offended, there are alot of things people say that I disagree with or find stupid, but I am not offended by it, it takes alot for someone to offend me just by saying something, it would have to be a really direct and personal thing to offend me outright.

If someone is offended by someone typing "my old friend" then I'd say they should probably learn to brush it off because this is the internet and you'll have plenty of people call you a "my old friend" over the time you spend on it and in most cases feeling 'offended' and running to mother isn't going to have the person punished. At the same time I wouldn't agree with someone harassing another person over it, there's a difference though. If I kill someone and they say "my old friend", I laugh to myself, but if someone keeps pursuing it and keeps throwing random insults at me simply because I killed them, whatever the words they use, then yes I believe they should be punished, because that's just bad conduct and very childish.

You my old friends.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:43 am »
i agree with leesin here, that its wrong to simply complain ..
and thats what i learned especially here in the cRPG community where there is so much raging people and hate talking out of (mostly) situational reflex - most ppl know the feeling and that its overcoming me aswell in some cases
show that there is also a funside of the game, show LOVE
be sure it feels good and hating ppl will look jealously up to you, aswell as you will meet the other nice people and you never need to mess around with those poor raging nerds - without even the need to use the mute button ;)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:26 am »
show LOVE
Thats why you always kick and stab me you bastard!?1

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:06 am »
(click to show/hide)
ofc .. i thought you liked a bit of poking, since you showed me your love the same way before ;P
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Jester

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2012, 03:37:07 am »
racism should be allowed to an extent, just as much as calling someone gay/bundle of sticks. this isnt highschool people, or at least it SHOULDN'T be. with the way people cry to admins about someone not liking them, its just rediculous. dont ban people for saying mean things ffs, that person needs to learn to handle is own shit like in the real world. i would hate to see how people like rainbow handle problems in the real world.. unless someone is literally making the game unplayable for you by team wounding or team killing, LEAVE IT ALONE YOU CHILD..
Dexxtaa: "Rudeness. I get frustrated with a lot of things, but nothing gets me more than some uneducated nudnuk being completely rude to me.

This is a game, but for god sake, these are real people behind these avatars. Please try to be nice to each other."

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:33 am »
Committing crimes and calling you a bundle of sticks are completely different. You should read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

It' not really a  straw man at all. As far as im concerned, bundle of sticks is a slur.It's the same as friend and so on. Given that so many people toss it around mindlessly I enforce the rule with a grain of salt. For example, if people are constantly saying bundle of sticks,queer,homo,etc in game then ill probably issue a warning/Mute->kick/ban. if someone just offhandedly says "what a my old friend" or something like that, then ill usually let it slide unless I start getting complaints. bundle of sticks should have a zero tolerance policy the same way racial slurs do, but given how often its used by everyone and how second nature it is for most, you sort of have to make some exceptions.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline procrastinator13

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2012, 05:06:09 am »
I suppose we're not allowed to be racist.  Is it offensive?  People are offended by different things.  This guy is offended by people calling him a my old friend and using gay terms sarcastically and maliciously.  I get offended when people diss on Christianity which is what I believe in.  You either allow ALL offensive things or allow NONE of it.  And it's not going to be fun with none of it.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2012, 05:09:28 am »
+2
I suppose we're not allowed to be racist.  Is it offensive?  People are offended by different things.  This guy is offended by people calling him a my old friend and using gay terms sarcastically and maliciously.  I get offended when people diss on Christianity which is what I believe in.  You either allow ALL offensive things or allow NONE of it.  And it's not going to be fun with none of it.

Remove chat....and forums. Problem solved!  :twisted:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:34 am »
You either allow ALL offensive things or allow NONE of it.  And it's not going to be fun with none of it.

I'm pretty sure that's not at all how it works.

You draw a line somewhere.  It's going to be an arbitrary line because we aren't running a nunnery but you still have to draw a line somewhere between "all" and "none".
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde