Author Topic: So are we allowed to make kick polls for delayers/people playing their class or?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
Ganner's take;

No action will be taken, kick polls are there for this reason, if you are annoying enough people to vote you out, you should modify your behavior.  While admins may not action you for playing your class, the community will hold you responsible for your actions.  Should you delay you face that chance.  HA/HX and bowmen need to learn when to stop running and just stand and fight so the other 30-70 players in the server aren't inconvenienced by their douchyness.  (this is not saying when its 4v1 you must stand your ground, more like if you are hopelessly outnumbered just end it rather than dragging it out by an unnecessary 2 more minutes)

In server 5 mins ago;
(click to show/hide)

Keep polls on, off, whatever, just be consistent.

DEMOCRACY
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
True that. Polls are there so players can use them, not so the admins can turn them off.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
going to have to agree. Keep the kick bans for this sort of thing. The people doing this (and the list is getting longer as the trolls climb aboard the band wagon) are not doing it to win rounds, their enjoyment comes at annoying the people actually trying to enjoy the game.

The only way to combat the behavior is to constantly kick them out and ruin their ability to troll. Once that is done to a decent degree the BS will stop.
Leader of BS

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
I'm fine if admins remove polls while they're in the server, so long as when they leave they remember to turn them back on.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Yea lets just completly ignore the rules of this game why not?

NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle

Lets start banning people for abusing this rule.

Offline Minx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Minx
On the other hand...

No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)

It seems subject to interpretation.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
how is attacking and attempting to win the same as delaying? people don't bitch when it's a single sheilder or 2h trying to win and he does everything in his power to do so. They only bitch cause those people are mounted and have a bow or xbow and they don't bother adapting their tactics to compensate. 

Common sense. The first rule. It also doesn't support this BS.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Yea lets just completly ignore the rules of this game why not?

Lets start banning people for abusing this rule.

anders approve this message because he was an original HX.
Leader of BS

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
how is attacking and attempting to win the same as delaying? people don't bitch when it's a single sheilder or 2h trying to win and he does everything in his power to do so. They only bitch cause those people are mounted and have a bow or xbow and they don't bother adapting their tactics to compensate. 

Common sense. The first rule. It also doesn't support this BS.

2 hander/pole or shielder can be attacked. There is a certain amount of skill involved. The ability to stay out of range is not very skillful. This tactic is meant for the single player game before you learn how to block.
Leader of BS

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2 hander/pole or shielder can be attacked. There is a certain amount of skill involved. The ability to stay out of range is not very skillful. This tactic is meant for the single player game before you learn how to block.

Should definitely assume that none of those pesky HX's know how to block, lol.  It would behoove you to stay near and protect your ranged if you are melee.  Let them shoot down the horse then it is a free kill.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
I'll be straight with you guys. It is a very sticky point and the "grey area" is so broad is to make it difficult for consistency in enforcement because it falls under 2 rules. One allowed, the other not.

On kick polls - You need to state your intention up front before starting one. Admins do turn them off while on the server and should turn them back on when leaving. That is well and fine and not a point of contention.

Here is where the issue come along:

Kicking for playstyle - Not allowed. This is the rule that protects your right to play the game like you want.

Leeching, delaying, griefing - Not allowed. This is the rule that protects the rest of the server from trolls.

The question is at what point does playstyle become delaying/griefing? That is the grey area and very much subject to interpretation. Nearly everyone has their own idea of when that line is crossed. It is the reason for the recent campaign (that I support) to fix the MOTF spawn so that it occurs every round and is randomized in some fashion to prevent camping its spawn point and altering the current open mode of Battle. (Remember when everyone just formed a big ball due to how experience was awarded?)

Because the grey area is so broad, some Admins will turn on kick polls to allow the entire server to weigh on on whether a player is using their playstyle, or delaying/griefing. This makes sense on the surface and so that is why you will see that occur.

The issue with this is that if the team without the HX/HA/delayer has a numerical advantage, they are going to press 1 to kick and get their x2 as they have more than 50% of the server population. So I don't entirely agree that it is a valid way to make that determination, but it is the only method we have of getting input from the people who can see what is happening.

I hope you can understand the difficulty of the situation and why 2 different Admins can give what appears to be on the surface, contradictory rules interpretations. They are not. Within the ruleset, they are consistent. What you will see is a different interpretation of a similar situation and which rule applies at that time.

Please go vote up the "Fix the MOTF" threads. We need the game mechanics to deal with the situation, and not the vagaries of interpretation of whether a player is "delaying" or "just playing their class".
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
While there are some exceptions like time is running out and the HA still going in circles vs several enemies I can't help but say, most people are retarded.

There's a working flag system and NO ONE ever tries to use it! There's 4 people camping a room with mauls vs 20 people but they are scared on attempting the fight yet they keep hugging the walls outside the room for a chance of a strike instead of waiting a little and forcing these 4 people to abandon the room if they want to win the round.

I don't really understand this stupidity that every single enemy must die for a win regardless if you got a big chance on losing if these people camping the small room are working together.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Should definitely assume that none of those pesky HX's know how to block, lol.  It would behoove you to stay near and protect your ranged if you are melee.  Let them shoot down the horse then it is a free kill.

Never said they could not block I am saying the tactic is meant for that. I do not mind the HX or HA playing and doing their thing. but when it comes to an army vrs them.. Stop delaying and make a stand.
Leader of BS

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
For me it is easy.

An Archer is not extending the round, when he is trying to kill those 3 left-over people. When hes more shooting than running. As soon as he runs out of arrows and trying to get new he is extending.

An X-Bower has to go into meelee, because his reloading-process is taking too much time.

If an HA is staying near the last alive enemies it is okay. As soon as he runs away or out of arrows and trying to get new arrows he is extending.

if there are more than 5 enemies still alive the ranged should just go die a heroic death in meelee.

Hugh!
A Pure-Archer spoke.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Bullshit. HA/HC or any ranged is viable at the end of a round. Just as viable as melee. Let them play. Just because you don't like it...deal with it.