Author Topic: Horses with no feeling of pain  (Read 2059 times)

Offline SDGS8

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B_A_SDGS8......
Horses with no feeling of pain
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
hi ho,
i think its a little bit strange and unfair, that horses don´t feel pain / show reactions if you hit then. i know: if you hit them with a polearm or so theystop. but just if you stand in front of them.
i think its unfair and unbalanced and need to be fixed. horses are like a car or so. if they got hit (from side or with bolt or so), they a have to show a reaction. at least the unarmored.
i have many problems with this term: a hores man rides straigth to attack me....i hit the horse (on head or any other bodypart), but it dont die.....i got killed because the horse is like a car....it shows no pain, like my char if he got hit.
what think you about?

greetings
Give me horses and i try to kill them :P

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Horses with no feeling of pain
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:05:34 pm »
I totally agree. They should write an equine A.I., so that our horses (at high ride skill at least) act like the trained warrior companions they are supposed to be. Including : No longer need to try to avoid obstacles, or people, since a trained horse will respond to visual, voice, and manual cues. No longer get surrounded by enemy infantry, since the trained horse will be kicking, biting, bumping, and spinning, any infantry foolish enough to be in the vicinity will be knocked to the ground, kicked hard, or trampled. I'm sure more things can be added to the list, both detrimental and beneficial.

Offline SDGS8

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:15:58 pm »
ha ha ha..........................................  :rolleyes:

i made no joke!!! if i cant act for a few moments if i got hit.....so why can horses act? i dont shoot with paperballs or air. and my close-weapon is not from the toymarket.  :wink:

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:33:39 pm »
Guy, same applies to humans.
Always funny to see people humans with 3 arrows in their chest, axe in their head etc and they move as if nothing happened.
They got blood everywhere but...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno#t=3m00

Minute 3
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:36:46 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline SDGS8

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:01:50 pm »
the matter isn´t have many things in body or ultra-realism  :rolleyes:
just the reacton....a short stop of the horse when getting hit.....

is anybody here who can give a serious reply, to a serious suggestion??????????????

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »
Yeah, those humans with an axe in their face make me lol as well.... at least you would pull that axe out in reality, so ingame it should fade away after 30 sec max... .

back to the horsies:
- some do show a reaction. If I put an arrow in some abandoned horsies butt, it usually runs off, so it seemingly does not want to have more of that.
- they already have some AI ;-) Recently I saw a horse that was more intelligent than the rest of the team - it came to the rescue of our flag and ran over the sneaky guy who was standing next to it... flag defense by lonely horsie, all on its own ;-)

But I agree: would make sense that they are a bit less of "things" and more the sensitive beings they are
(says the ponyhunter... ;-) )
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:39 pm »
Well that would affect the balance too much
Cav doesn't need a nerf if you are thinking about a stun like melee get when they are shot.
Imagine cav just freaking out looking like an epileptic explosion cause some guy spams throwing knifes at the horse.
Horses are huge and easy to hit and i would exploit horse stun by making a range spammer..either hunting bow archer with huge wpf or throwing knifes thrower..

Offline Solidox

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:59 pm »
GREAT idea. Horse gets shot with arrow and stunned meanwhile archer has time to reload and fire another arrow right as horse gets out of stun. With this method horses wont be able to travel more than 10 ft in archer presents.

I have another idea to suggest to yours, everytime a horse hits someone the horse collapses of heart failure. And also how about after each hit in melee your armor is reduced in effect by 50%, And archers bows break after holding the arrow for too long. Also make polearms get stuck in the ground if they hit the ground. Can we make cloth armor like 50 body armor so we have variate in the battlefield and not just all mail?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »
Guy, same applies to humans.
Always funny to see people humans with 3 arrows in their chest, axe in their head etc and they move as if nothing happened.
They got blood everywhere but...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno#t=3m00

Minute 3
I find that hilarious and it should definetely stay in this mod. Nothing more awesome than killing people while you have several projectiles sticking out of your bum, Berzerker style!

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
Horses are noble creatures. They are kind and empathic, and cannot stand to be alone.

Why would you want to see a horse (even a graphical representation of one) in pain?

Don't forget, Nietzsche had a mental collapse just from seeing a horse being whipped, which shows how highly he regarded horses - he certainly didn't think compassion was a good thing in the human animal!

In short, you are sick. I hope one day you are confronted by a horse, and it stares deep into your eyes with a look that says: 'I can see into your soul', and you realise the error of your ways.

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:07 am »
hi ho,
i think its a little bit strange and unfair, that horses don´t feel pain / show reactions if you hit then. i know: if you hit them with a polearm or so theystop. but just if you stand in front of them.

I think it's a little bit strange that people get up a second after being hit by a charging animal weighting 500kg with minimal, almost nonexistent, damage, but it's how the game works. Strangely. The funniest bit is when you kill a horse which is charging directly at you* instead of the whole big carcass falling on you and incapaciting you, you get to overhead the rider on the floor and finish him off.

You don't find those things strange at all?

*my favourite way of killing horses with a 1h sword, overhead them when they charge you, instakill ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:19:43 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 03:15:58 am »
Most of the suggestions in this thread are not doable with the current module system. You'd have to go ask TaleWorlds to patch this into Warband.

And horse bumps don't do much damage because there is supposed to be a balance between classes. I've seen what high horse bump damage does and cavalry becomes the only viable option.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 03:54:42 am »
Yeah, those humans with an axe in their face make me lol as well.... at least you would pull that axe out in reality, so ingame it should fade away after 30 sec max... .

back to the horsies:
- some do show a reaction. If I put an arrow in some abandoned horsies butt, it usually runs off, so it seemingly does not want to have more of that.
- they already have some AI ;-) Recently I saw a horse that was more intelligent than the rest of the team - it came to the rescue of our flag and ran over the sneaky guy who was standing next to it... flag defense by lonely horsie, all on its own ;-)

But I agree: would make sense that they are a bit less of "things" and more the sensitive beings they are
(says the ponyhunter... ;-) )

Actually in reality, the best would be to keep said axe there, if you get stabbed or something, it's really recommended for you to keep whatever stabbed you as on the way out if you try to pull it out, it might damage important organs that it missed on the way in, and you will also bleed much much more than if you were just to keep it in there.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 04:08:47 am »
Horses are noble creatures. They are kind and empathic, and cannot stand to be alone.

Why would you want to see a horse (even a graphical representation of one) in pain?

Don't forget, Nietzsche had a mental collapse just from seeing a horse being whipped, which shows how highly he regarded horses - he certainly didn't think compassion was a good thing in the human animal!

In short, you are sick. I hope one day you are confronted by a horse, and it stares deep into your eyes with a look that says: 'I can see into your soul', and you realise the error of your ways.

Horses are filthy disgusting vile animals that deserve to be gutted and ground into glue.  /spit
I understand girls like ponies, but since the development of the engine there is no redeeming value to horses anymore besides dogfood and glue.  Die horses die.

Oh and Nietzsche got worked up over the horse being whipped because he got insanely turned on by seeing flesh get whipped and couldn't fap hard enough to compensate.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 11:42:51 am »
would not be possible i think...also cav would be nerfed to pieces. please only post suggestions that make sense and can be lealized with the warband engine.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!