Author Topic: Gold is worhtless  (Read 13458 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
Gold is worhtless
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
+5
Gold is worth less and less every day, loompoints have come from price of 300k to 700k, mw items from 700k to 1.5 mil!!!!!
What can be done about that?!? Is there anything that can be done to force stable gold value ?!?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Gold is worhtless
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:25:50 pm »
+28
KILL poophammer

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »
Force a stable value? Increase the worth of gold by increasing upkeep.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »
INCREASE THE UPKEEP!
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »
+8
Just do what I do

Keep your inventory stocked with as many looms as your gold allows you, if I need to sell something to buy something I buy it and keep my gold low, to about 100k to cushion my repairs so i can use whatever gear I want with no worries

A few months ago 1-1.2 mil for a MW was a good sale price, but as gold values change that 1 mil you made then and hung onto is worthless for buying a MW now, and I predict this will be the case in the future with loom prices going up like they are

A loom is a loom, and the value of that loom will stay steady, whereas gold values do not.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
+3
Gold is worth less and less every day, loompoints have come from price of 300k to 700k, mw items from 700k to 1.5 mil!!!!!
What can be done about that?!? Is there anything that can be done to force stable gold value ?!?!

Why would it need to be?

Grinding and market have made some players rich. Those players use their wealth to push heirloom prices up. As a result, anyone can get a lot of gold by selling heirlooms, and everyone has equal opportunities to use that capital to profit from the market. The inflation seems totally overblown, yes, but as long as people are willing to pay those prices, which they are, I don't really see it as a problem. Gold is by no means worthless, as long as you're making proper use of it. I'm just curious to see how far this development can go.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:40:46 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »
+5
I don't get why anything needs to be done...

Retire and loom an item or retire and sell it and reap the benefits of inflation...I don't get the issue here.

Is the problem that you can't afford to buy loompoints?  Tough titty...I long ago reserved myself to the notion I will never be able to afford a loom point from grinding my character in game. 

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:26 pm »
Don't buy the loompoint itself. Whatever you are looking for will probably come up at some point at an affordable cheap price as a +1. Buy that +1 with grinded gold, loom it yourself to +3. You'll probably have enough, or close to enough money to buy another +1 at that point. (Maybe not so much in a few months or so...)

Brings up a new point. The "inflation" will result in less people using their grinded gold to buy looms. Means they will hang on to the money for something else...aka, using higher end items a lot more.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:43 pm »
Why would it need to be?

Grinding and market have made some players rich. Those players use their wealth to push heirloom prices up. As a result, anyone can get a lot of gold by selling heirlooms, and everyone has equal opportunities to use that capital to profit from the market. The inflation seems totally overblown, yes, but as long as people are willing to pay those prices, which they are, I don't really see it as a problem. Gold is by no means worthless, as long as you're making proper use of it. I'm just curious to see how far this development can go.

As long as more gold is grinded than spent, ad infinitum.
But incresing the upkeep would slow it down.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:53 pm »

This assumes that the inflation is caused by upkeep somehow being "insufficient". I'm really not convinced at all that that's the case. I'm pretty sure that the real cause is the spending behavior of players with above-average amounts of accumulated gold. It's the only way any of it makes sense, IMO.
Don't.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »
+2

I do not think that increasing the upkeep would increase the gold spent upkeeping tbh. If you increase upkeep, people will react and wear less equipment, possibly even reducing the total amount of gold lost due to upkeep in the end.

I think we need to offer new possibilities in order to slow down the inflation. Maybe 4th heirloom levels that can only be crafted from the +3 version with a shitload of gold (like... 5 million ?). Of course as the inflation continues, 5 million will probably become not so much, so we will have to invent yet another thing for players to spend their gold. But that's how inflation is regulated in all the games I know of. Another good idea is fiddling with the marketplace fees. By increasing them, you make people that use the marketplace pay for a part of the inflation. Even better, the amount of gold they loose through it depends on how extensively they use the marketplace, so this actually means that it directly takes most of it's money out of the trader's profit.

Finally, there should be more incentives towards retirement. Pretending that heirloom prices go up because the few very rich people that together make for a marginal part of the whole money in the game decide to spend a lot isn't just going to be true because people say it. Prices go up because ,in this case a the same time, the offer goes down because people stop retiring, and the demand goes up because the same people that stopped offering heirlooms to the market now want to buy some for themselves ! Thing is, the heirloom buyers that still wish to buy with current "crazy" prices have the majority of the money in their hands, not because they are very rich, but because they are many.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:22:52 pm by Kafein »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »
I do not think that increasing the upkeep would increase the gold spent upkeeping tbh. If you increase upkeep, people will react and wear less equipment, possibly even reducing the total amount of gold lost due to upkeep in the end.

Some of them, yes, sure. Some of them wont. That's what I mean - it will slow it down.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »
+1
I blame MMF , they ruined Greece economy and now they are ruining c-rpg economy. Stop the Masons!
Gazda send all your money to some swiss player for safekeeping.

Offline Jeff Russell

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kill_the_White_Devil
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »
+2
Induce a stimulus package into my account.