Author Topic: NA diplomacy Vs EU diplomacy  (Read 2520 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: NA diplomacy Vs EU diplomacy
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »
Don't generalise with such statements. Just look in c-rpg.net at the top10 factions in terms of members and fiefs, then look up their diplomatic relationships. Also note, that EU has a much larger playerbase than NA.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 07:53:41 pm »
+3
"thats just it... most NA factions are playing RISK... in other words, they expect lots of violence and warfare and then a new game later.
most EU factions are playing some other game where they think everything is permanent and in a way it is..."

Indeed your playing risk most of EU is playing something more akin to Europa Universalis 2+3.

Risk is a war game where you win via fighting and luck with a lil diplomacy
EU2/3 is a grand strategy game where you win via carefull diplomacy trading and economy building whilst using warefare as a means to an end.

One plays to fight the other plays to win. easy to see why they win

*also a long MP game of eu2 is the most awesome thing ever* *never played mp eu3*

(edit Generalised like a boss)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »
QFT.  The problem I have is that NA clans are worried about their neighbors at the beg of strat.  But the big EU clans divided up all the territory and went to work building up troops and gold.  the NA factions fought tooth and nail for villages, the EU factions took them over with little to no resistance. 

Yeah remember the "claims" map at the beginning? EU clans took it super seriously while NA clans mostly used it to troll each other then the only thing the mattered when it started was what they could actually conquer, the ones that actually even cared to... If anyone "won" strat, I would have to nominate ATS. They didn't even bother with any kind of diplo/strategic/fief crap, they just hung out in neutral areas and engaged in banditry. Now that is how you should play strat, have fun engaging in hijinks. What me worry?

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 08:02:32 pm »
+2
Well, I can say that I got what I wanted out of strat.  I am disappointed that it ended so quickly, and is likely to go down the exact same way again next time without more changes.

Hospitallers were losing the war against us, they knew this.  Our battles were great EXP and great fun.  They called in their UIF friends to squash us, and they brought in their bored UIF friends to fill the rosters.  NA often brought people from all sides to merc for them, and I can say I got a MASSIVE amount of EXP mercing against them.  It was great fun, but ended too quickly!!

Hosp gets to take NA lands, not win it from us.  Rob your rival the joy of victory, when that's what they so desperately need, and I'm all good with that.  :mrgreen:

So, in conclusion: Nobody can stand against the might of the UIF.  They are great at "using" the mechanics of strategus to their advantage, they like each other, and they seem to always unite in Strategus, until they are so large a power they can squash anyone.  And they do.  Only way to avoid being crushed is to ally yourselves with them, see current NA map for details.

Actually if there is another round of Strategus I'd be pretty surprised if DRZ and Greys weren't targeted for destruction/genocide "for the greater good".  :lol:
Won't happen.  Everyone knows what happens in the end, and they'll already have their regular roster of allies to play with them.  People who weren't in the UIF will be helping those attacking them to try to get in their good graces.  Strat will just end that much sooner.
VVVV
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:24:30 pm by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 08:19:49 pm »
Actually if there is another round of Strategus I'd be pretty surprised if DRZ and Greys weren't targeted for destruction/genocide "for the greater good".  :lol:
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »
+1
yeah... there was a plan by many EU clans to take out DRZ early in strat 3.0... if you are curious how that went, go ask the wolves, since they chose to ride DRZ coattails instead.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »
Forging an alliance means trust.

An alliance formed by 8 factions within a day of knowing eachother is like this tower:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 09:12:26 pm »
+1
Forging an alliance means trust.

An alliance formed by 8 factions within a day of knowing eachother is like this tower:

You mean notable, still standing, world-famous, actually worth something?

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »
What I took from the statement was one rather large man can kick it the rest of the way over.  Look at LLJK.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »

Sort of but the person below you found the proper answer.

What I took from the statement was one rather large man can kick it the rest of the way over.  Look at LLJK.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:54 am »
I don't get how hard it is to stick to a plan and not betray your word in a game.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:50 pm »
Was I the only one that didn't think Strat would just be EU vs NA?

I guess so.

Now that everyone got the memo... Let's restart strat.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »
Actually no, this thread you started (quoted below) was one of the dumbest post I've seen on the forums (and your subsequent follow up rage posts were even less intelligent). 

QFT.  The problem I have is that NA clans are worried about their neighbors at the beg of strat.  But the big EU clans divided up all the territory and went to work building up troops and gold. the NA factions fought tooth and nail for villages, the EU factions took them over with little to no resistance.

Im sorry man, but like most statements about strat, this is just born from ignorance.

It wasnt the EU sieges that had empty rosters. You cant be an eu clan and attack a village at a time when eu players play, and not face a full roster.

Wasnt it LLJK that was able to attack villages and face rosters 1/2 full or pretty much empty? I think this was before strat xp was changed. EU players go out of their way to fuck their in-game enemies up, whether they're getting xp for it or not.

There has to be some big change in future strats, either from the players or the devs, or i think strat will die.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:46:33 pm by RandomDude »

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »
+3
Strat 4 is going to be so fun.  Nobody from EU or NA does anything except trade goods back and forth until reset.  Country with largest amount of lordly plate armor claims victory by default, because they would've won had there actually been any fights.

Great economics/diplomacy simulator your guys got going here.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »
+1
Wasnt it LLJK that was able to attack villages and face rosters 1/2 full or pretty much empty? I think this was before strat xp was changed.

Not sure about LLJK, but Chaos always outnumbered village defenders by double or more. Our record low was having four signups for a village's defense against us.

the NA factions fought tooth and nail for villages, the EU factions took them over with little to no resistance.

Quit makin' stuff up.

Do you know that we only took Rduna because nobody else was going to? Any of the early conflicts that would have happened in our neck of the woods with the territories on our periphery simply didn't happen, certain clans quit the game or decided to move somewhere else and there were two villages that were just sitting abandoned until we decided to do something with them.

Really, we didn't want to expand any further, or stretch ourselves out too much,  but there just wasn't anyone around who seemed to want to get a use out of them, save maybe for bandits.