Author Topic: NA diplomacy Vs EU diplomacy  (Read 2371 times)

Offline JohnReaper21

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA diplomacy Vs EU diplomacy
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
From what I read the state of the Strategus map is somewhat unbalanced, for what ever reasons but one thing kept comming up, EU was more unified than the NA.

My question becomes. What stops the NA from becoming unified like the EU?

What makes the EU so successful in working together?

Why is the Na such scatter shot?

Go hide in a hole for all I care, you won't live one second longer.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
Re: NA diplomacy Vs EU diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:19:14 pm »
its all a conspiracy man

their actually is no na community the russian lords just make all of this stuff up to keep the rest of europe ignorant of their plans to take over all of crpg!!!

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:19:34 pm »
+1
this is not gonna end well

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »
+8
From what I read the state of the Strategus map is somewhat unbalanced, for what ever reasons but one thing kept comming up, EU was more unified than the NA.

My question becomes. What stops the NA from becoming unified like the EU?

What makes the EU so successful in working together?

Why is the Na such scatter shot?

Because the NA factions never looked at strategus as being NA vs EU.  They looked at strategus as being an attempt at making single player warband into a multiplayer game. 

It's a faction vs faction strategy game (obviously diplomacy is important).  Not a continent vs continent strategy game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline JohnReaper21

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:57 pm »
Aye, I understand that. but if it was a Multiplayer warband wouldn't there by 6 factions in relative stability? untill some random dude comes along and starts a massive trail blazing I win all campaign?

if you thinnk about it, there should be an easier way to communicate. and the time diffrence is a bit much to handle the more I look at this the more I favor two large continents, the only issue with that is again what happens when the winners turn their eyes to the other large landmass.

but yea. I wonder how this would play out with better communication times

and on your subject of Faction V Faction. Why isn't the EU doing the same thing in the term

What I'm asking is why did the EU do it diffrently than the NA.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »
Aye, I understand that. but if it was a Multiplayer warband wouldn't there by 6 factions in relative stability? untill some random dude comes along and starts a massive trail blazing I win all campaign?

if you thinnk about it, there should be an easier way to communicate. and the time diffrence is a bit much to handle the more I look at this the more I favor two large continents, the only issue with that is again what happens when the winners turn their eyes to the other large landmass.

but yea. I wonder how this would play out with better communication times

and on your subject of Faction V Faction. Why isn't the EU doing the same thing in the term

What I'm asking is why did the EU do it diffrently than the NA.

Cause EU likes to gloat about how they are better at strat than NA cause they only fight against NA and barely ever against themselves. So many will say.

Cause NA is all one language, so, we insult each other far quicker, and easier than EUs will? NA Doesn't care about "winning"(myabe hosp alliance) and wants to get battles together and just have fun slaughtering each other in deathmatch style battles? EU can't get off their lazy asses and fight each other cause they suffer to many losses? Other?

Offline JohnReaper21

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:31 pm »
But this isn't about deathmatch style matches (NA_1) its about beating another person in a highly interactive game of risk....

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »
+5
you fail to understand that Drz alliance isnt all EU. there are wars in EU and clans have died in EU. but the Drz alliance is just incredibly strong (it isnt all EU as some NA seem to think ^^)

Reason NA isnt doing as good as them is the same reason the rest of EU didnt do very well. They are just too strong an alliance
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:41 pm »
+8
But this isn't about deathmatch style matches (NA_1) its about beating another person in a highly interactive game of risk....

thats just it... most NA factions are playing RISK... in other words, they expect lots of violence and warfare and then a new game later.
most EU factions are playing some other game where they think everything is permanent and in a way it is...

basically, some (not all) NA factions are ok with the idea that each round of strat is a new game with new opportunities for friends and enemies.
and most (not all) EU factions think of each strat as being the same game as last strat in terms of alliances and such. they stay allied with all the same people and try to kill all the same people, like it is a rematch as opposed to a new game or something.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »
+3
It's simple math actually (and I'm terrible at math so this is basically common sense stuff).  Whoever starts out the strongest is going to have the most troops and best equipment at any given point and time months down the road. 

If you're building up while everyone else is going to war, you're going to have more troops and more gold. 

This is all common sense.  The problem isn't DRZ or alliances, the problem is a game mechanic which doesn't reward people for fighting for fiefs.  It doesn't punish people for having massive amounts of people in the faction, or controlling many fiefs.  The more fiefs you control, the more troops and gold you can make (potentially). 

Strategus mechanics are the problem, not people who actually use strategy and diplomacy to benefit themselves.

There's been dozens of great suggestions for "fixing" strategus over the last 3 or 4 months.  I'm not going to even begin to list them all.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
Cause EU likes to gloat about how they are better at strat than NA cause they only fight against NA and barely ever against themselves. So many will say.

Cause NA is all one language, so, we insult each other far quicker, and easier than EUs will? NA Doesn't care about "winning"(myabe hosp alliance) and wants to get battles together and just have fun slaughtering each other in deathmatch style battles? EU can't get off their lazy asses and fight each other cause they suffer to many losses? Other?
the most stupid post ever.....

we had war betwen eu clans, we still have and we will have
It only shows lack of knowlage about things in strat.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:45 pm »
thats just it... most NA factions are playing RISK... in other words, they expect lots of violence and warfare and then a new game later.
most EU factions are playing some other game where they think everything is permanent and in a way it is...

basically, some (not all) NA factions are ok with the idea that each round of strat is a new game with new opportunities for friends and enemies.
and most (not all) EU factions think of each strat as being the same game as last strat in terms of alliances and such. they stay allied with all the same people and try to kill all the same people, like it is a rematch as opposed to a new game or something.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 07:03:34 pm »

I listed all the reasons why NA sucks versus EU. Did you not catch the "So many will say" or all the question marks at the end of sentences?

Perhaps you should READ what i said.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »
+2
EU seems to take the strategy part more seriously, so they get more pragmatic about "winning" that part (by forming big economic alliances).

NA clans mostly seem concerned with battle performance against rival clans they dislike.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »
+1

Actually no, this thread you started (quoted below) was one of the dumbest post I've seen on the forums (and your subsequent follow up rage posts were even less intelligent). 

I want say how I HATE you all lancers who aim for the other lancer horrsy on the battelfield.

That probably becouse half of you havent idea how to use lance proper.

Btw what do you think about that????

EU seems to take the strategy part more seriously, so they get more pragmatic about "winning" that part (by forming big economic alliances).

NA clans mostly seem concerned with battle performance against rival clans they dislike.

QFT.  The problem I have is that NA clans are worried about their neighbors at the beg of strat.  But the big EU clans divided up all the territory and went to work building up troops and gold.  the NA factions fought tooth and nail for villages, the EU factions took them over with little to no resistance. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:45:03 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy