• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mauls
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 05:49:48 am »
Skilless, unrealistic and not needed since we need more shielders ingame. Remove mauls.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 06:51:28 am »
+5
Skilless, unrealistic and not needed since we need more shielders ingame. Remove mauls.
No
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:51 am »
+1
I'm a pretty terrible 1h without my shield, and since i'm always on horseback my manual blocking sucks, but I'm betting I could take a skill-less mauler with 1h without a shield.  Hell I'll even use my 73 length 1h broad battle axe and show this guy how to counter a "skill-less" mauler.  Both cases I would use the speed to my advantage.

Or I could go the other direction and use an 89 speed long bardiche (140 length) and show that even 89 speed you can out spam a mauler, or use reach to your advantage.
So you think Mauls are balanced cause shitty players suck with them?

GM stuns your weapon for ages on side swings and crushes through your block on overheads...then again it's quite easy to run away from a good mauler cause the maul slows them down so much. But you can't tell me that it's "easy" to fight a decent mauler with a good build (24/18 eg)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 08:19:40 am »
It´s not easy to fight ANY decent player, that beeing said.

That will be so with the maul, and it will still be so when the enemy has an axe or something.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 660
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 11:02:46 am »
It´s not easy to fight ANY decent player, that beeing said.

Depends. When it comes to 2H swords situation is pretty clear there. Better players, even by a small margin usually beat those worse than them. Mauls actually buffs chances of worse player to win against better than him, who's not using maul.

Same can be said for polearms. Reason why noob can be deadly with polearms is polestagger, of course. I have yet to see newb being deadly with any greatsword, they are pretty much easy prey, even in groups.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 12:03:05 pm »
+2
There's a vast difference in my survival time when fighting phyrex with a 2h compared with a great maul.

With a 2h, I can block quite a number of attacks and I might even get a hit or 2 in. When he has a great maul, it's pretty much over within 2 or 3 strikes every time.
I have 18 agility and a 1h weapon and when he has 18 agility, there's no way for me to get in range to hit him, and back out in time. His side swing stuns my tiny 1h sowrd and the overhead kills me or stuns me long enough for him to land the second overhead.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »
I have yet to see newb being deadly with any greatsword, they are pretty much easy prey, even in groups.

Talking about newb weapons... 2h must be the most used one among them.. Just saying...

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »
+2
I have yet to see newb being deadly with any greatsword, they are pretty much easy prey, even in groups.

Any player with enough PS that swings his sword like a crazy motherfucker not caring about blocks and shit is deadly if the opponent isn't careful. Ivani4 power

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »
I'd still argue for Dezi's suggestion about making it crushthrough on shields only..

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »
+1
on eu mostly won defenders, because when maulers and ranged camp ladders it is hell gate for attackers :twisted:
crap Agor found his way into the forum and now i have to look at his bs here too ;) ... so how do i mute players ingame forever out of my chatsystem  :lol:

btt

good players as bad players are using a chrushthrough weapon, both get the bonus, if then in the case someone would have successfully blocked they basicly say fu. What i don't get, that so many people think it is a valid counter to shields ... really :) , in my eyes the only valid counters to shields are shield breakers and cav/ranged in my back, still i hate chrushthrough, because even if i was able to fend of all those other dudes who had been playing really good, there is coming that one dude with the fucking chrusthrough and you cant do jackshit about it(If he gets lucky and actually hits you). This is not about having a shield or not but about an awareness of skillfull playing and the feeling that you have been betrayed somehow by the game mechanics.

Still i guess i would miss the chills, if chrushthrough would be taken out of the game completely.

The Stamina Bar sounds interesting, bigger through Str, regenerating through agi, also a sound concept. But i wouldn't include it on duel servers though, just for Battle/Siege/Strat(i know those are our duels servers ^^)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:42:05 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »
+2
I just don't understand all this topics where people are crying about this weapon or this. In my 10 generations I played with polearm, 2h [mauls included], 1h+shield and xbow. And I never complain about this or this weapon. Each weapon has its advantages and disadvantages, but the decisive factor which make it good or bad is a HUMAN called PLAYER and his playing style. [In my case, I don't like players which are fast and using spam attack]. No one like to lose, but this is a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes not. I believe that a dev-team make good job and I take game mechanics as it is and I enjoy it, because it change from patch to patch and you must adapt to new challenges. If you don't like it and also crying like 8-year old kid leave it.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 09:16:22 pm »
Some may think it is fun to have this wildcard mechanic as an added footwork and spam mini-game the attack-block melee aside, and I can to some degree understand that. I can also understand that people think it is a fun weapon to use. Though I personally don't like it much for having an auto-win on hit attack I've tried it a few times and yes it is fun to klonk people over their heads, even if I feel a bit cheesy when doing so.

Think what you will about lolhammers, they are still the only melee weapon that allows a player to kill a more skilled player with an unblockable attack and are also the only completely fantasy weapon in the mod. Either way, I don't care much and I'm also one of those who think the mod is pretty balanced overall, it's not like it's OP or anything, just has a bit gamey mechanic. Let it stay as is if people are so attached to it - but at least change the in-game model to a real Medieval mace of sorts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:02:12 am by Angantyr »

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:28 am »
Some may think it is fun to have this wildcard mechanic as an added footwork and spam mini-game the attack-block melee aside, and I can to some degree understand that. I can also understand that people think it is a fun weapon to use. Though I personally don't like it much for having an auto-win on hit attack I've tried it a few times and yes it is fun to klonk people over their heads, even if I feel a bit cheesy when doing so.

Think what you will about lolhammers, they are still the only melee weapon that allows a player to kill a more skilled player with an unblockable attack and are also the only completely fantasy weapon in the mod. Either way, I don't care much and I'm also one of those who think the mod is pretty balanced overall, it's not like it's OP or anything, just has a bit gamey mechanic. Let it stay as is if people are so attached to it - but at least change the in-game model to a real Medieval mace of sorts.

skilled players dont block up vs mauls

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2012, 01:01:12 am »
You consider writing something completely random and with no relevance to the quote some kind of argument or what is this? Did you even read my post?

And if that was some kind of convoluted l2p provocation go ahead and challenge me to a duel, I'm getting pretty tired of assumptive nubs.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:39 am »
+1