• King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Mauls
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:15 am »
+1
Nerf maul! Yesterday I was using my plate armor, 54 body armor, and a guy with a maul 1 hit me with full health. The guy had 12PS but c'mon, thats silly that a fully plate man can get 1 hit by a mauler, AND I also had 7 IF (70) hitpoints

Blunt, 12 PS, most probably headshot - makes perfect sense

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:21 am »
Well, imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger in his best days hitting you in the head with a steel-headed, 8 kilo hammer(Probably even more in RL xD).

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:49 pm »
I still don't buy the maul problem on siege and I play a shit-ton of siege. A lot of the maps have siege towers which negates the ladder problem.

Also, if attackers are working together you can build a siege tower in under a minute. With it, you can reach an area that defense can't even get to.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »
+2
Cry more noobs. When using a maul you cant do so much againts skilled people so if u are crying here looking for a crushtrough nerf u are a noob (and u deserve to be smashed again and again and again and again until you learn how to play).
 :rolleyes:

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »
Cry more noobs. When using a maul you cant do so much againts skilled people so if u are crying here looking for a crushtrough nerf u are a noob (and u deserve to be smashed again and again and again and again until you learn how to play).

Thanks for the constructive comment.

But seriously-maybe not imbalanced, but still cheap and skill-less.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »
on eu mostly won defenders, because when maulers and ranged camp ladders it is hell gate for attackers :twisted:

This is false, I play on siege quite alot and most of the time I have to say Attackers wins much more than defenders.

let say if there are 100 matches. Attackers will win around 65 rounds while defenders will win 35 rounds. It really depend on the skill of defenders. Once they died it will take 35 seconds to respawn, if all defenders got wiped out together at same time then attackers can capture the flag in less than 10 seconds. Most of the time defenders often fight on walls but never come to flag. Use faction banner, play as defender forover 5 round then you will understand how hard it is to play as a defender.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »

Lol L2p maul noobcake

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2012, 03:58:57 pm »
+1
Thanks for the constructive comment.

Thanks for the constructive comment but using a maul properly needs good blocking skills and footwork (like any infantry without shield), if u dont understand that its because u dont know how to play.

Lol L2p maul noobcake

:-P

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »

I'm rarely one to say this but... wanna go brah?  I'm an okay 1h and shield and believe I could beat your 'skill-less' maul.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:24:34 pm by Diomedes »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2012, 06:15:11 pm »
I'm rarely one to say this but... wanna go brah?  I'm an okay 1h and shield and believe I could beat your 'skill-less' maul.

(click to show/hide)

I'm a pretty terrible 1h without my shield, and since i'm always on horseback my manual blocking sucks, but I'm betting I could take a skill-less mauler with 1h without a shield.  Hell I'll even use my 73 length 1h broad battle axe and show this guy how to counter a "skill-less" mauler.  Both cases I would use the speed to my advantage.

Or I could go the other direction and use an 89 speed long bardiche (140 length) and show that even 89 speed you can out spam a mauler, or use reach to your advantage.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »
+1
You guys are missing the point. No one is claiming Mauls are OP in duel situations, and they are probably balanced in an open group battle situation.

They are just totally, ridiculously OP in siege. Just because it's not abused 24/7 doesn't mean it's fine. Whenever a clan or group of randoms decides to put 2 maulers on every ladder, attackers have no choice but to pour into the meatgrinder like lemmings and hope eventually someone gets through. Any weapon that allows a naked newbie to top the scoreboard while performing only a single attack without even moving needs some adjustment.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 02:43:25 am »
Any weapon that allows a naked newbie to top the scoreboard while performing only a single attack without even moving needs some adjustment.

That's the siege attackers fault in almost any circumstance.  Of course there's a meatgrinder element to siege when defenders are doing their job.  There are only balance problems when it is unreasonably difficult to get by a player on siege.  But mauls on siege are in their best environment, so of course we can expect that they'll do well.  So, the real question is: is it effectively impossible for reasonably skilled players to get by an average mauler atop a ladder?  Absolutely not.  Two sensible players marching together up a ladder can overcome a mauler in most cases.

Again, I'd be happy to demonstrate this with willing volunteers.  Often I can get by maulers guarding ladders on my own, so it shouldn't be difficult to demonstrate my point.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:33 am »
+1
That's the siege attackers fault in almost any circumstance.  Of course there's a meatgrinder element to siege when defenders are doing their job.  There are only balance problems when it is unreasonably difficult to get by a player on siege.  But mauls on siege are in their best environment, so of course we can expect that they'll do well.  So, the real question is: is it effectively impossible for reasonably skilled players to get by an average mauler atop a ladder?  Absolutely not.  Two sensible players marching together up a ladder can overcome a mauler in most cases.

Again, I'd be happy to demonstrate this with willing volunteers.  Often I can get by maulers guarding ladders on my own, so it shouldn't be difficult to demonstrate my point.

Yep. Archer on right side of ladder, melee up on left. Mauler pops his head up to overhead. Face shot. Dead mauler.  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:04 am »

(click to show/hide)

I didn't say they were good for dueling. But go ahead and troll.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 05:49:22 am »
I didn't say they were good for dueling. But go ahead and troll.

And I didn't say they were bad at dueling.  I implied that the maul is not a 'skill-less' weapon.  I'm not intending to troll anybody here, it's just that I find the proposition that mauls are overpowered ridiculous.  That they've a handful of powerful-yet-still-not-invulnerable environments is not by itself a justification to nerf them, regardless of whether they require 'skill' in those environments.