Author Topic: A request for the Sultan of swords, Dadao!  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A request for the Sultan of swords, Dadao!
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:48:05 pm »
+1
Hail, my friends.
I am here by a simple request. But, ooh who the heck am I?

First a brief introduction of me, I have many names. I am known as "Ronin" in the realms of Calradia, "Windmaster" in the deserts of Middle-east, "Dora the Mighty explorer" in the Amazon Forests, "Mithrandir" in the land of Gondor, "Devin the Stargazer" in Anatolia, "Orpheus" in Ancient Greece, "Omar Khayyam" in Antagarich, "The Scourge" or "Spaz Maddicus the magnificent" among my enemies, and as "Geralt of Reyvadin" in a World where persitent people live.

But you know me as, Mahir The Kuşucurtmaz!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sometimes, I am a goalkeeper, who lets no goal to be scored (for both my team and the opponents team) and eats nothing but "sörf".
sometimes, I am a philosophist (not a philosopher) who thinks absurdly to understand the matters of this absurdly world.
Sometimes, I am a shiny blademaster who slices his foes very very professionally.
Sometimes, you see me as an enemy in the battlefield and feel very terrified. Only in a hope to delay your death, which is; without a doubt; in vain.
Sometimes, you can't even see me. Because I'm on your back, and you will lie dead in 2 seconds.
And...
Sometimes, I am just a friendly guy whom you had a nice and qualified chit-chat.

No matter who I am, and with what name I am called I am just a human being who doesn't like to boast (a big fat lie). Well... the matter is, I have a request. A very special and perhaps absurd request, which has a big value for me if it is accepted. I want the Dadao to be a top-tier weapon, just like it deserves. As it looks like "Sultan of all swords", "The King of the Desert", "Scorpion Blade" and perhaps many more in terms of being epic. I humbly request you to look at this magnificent sword.
(click to show/hide)

Doesn't it look epic? It saddens me it is not a great weapon as the weapon deserves. I can even cry :cry:, and you know it is unwise to make a God sad as you may all drown and perish in it's tears.
Practically Dadao (aka. The Sultan of All Swords) has statistically worse stats than that ugly thing called "War Cleaver". Yuck, even writing this abomination make me vomit. Please note that, if making a God cry means flood for all worldly beings, it is not very hard to imagine what a vomiting would cause. But be warned, it can make you vomit as well and if everyone goes vomit plus to a god it would be have a double effect; which is... ehh I shut up.

Let's talk a bit statistically.
Dadao:
Speed: 92, Length: 115, Swing: 42 cut, Weight: 3 kg, Slots: 2
5226 gold
requires 12 strength

Ugly weapon that make me vomit:
Speed: 92, Length: 120, Swing: 45 cut, Unbalanced, Weight: 3.5 kg, Slots: 2
7210 gold
requires 15 strength

I am simply forced to play with that ugly thing (if there wouldn't be other swords of course). The only thing that my beloved weapon is low cost and lower strength requirement. This is not only a tragic tale, but also a bit unrealistic. A weapon has more weight, more lenght and Strength requirement than the other one, but both have same speed. But this is not a game-balance or realism suggestion; this is a request as I said. The stats I have in mind are:
Dadao
Speed: 93, Length: 115, Swing: 43 cut, Weight: 3 kg, Slots: 2
7000 gold
requires 12 strength

Or something which fits for a top-tier weapon.

Eh, I humbly thank you for reading my request dear mortal. I hope you will consider this. If you want more pictures of this beauty, there are some in different angles.
(click to show/hide)

Hope, it was a good read :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: A request for the Sultan of swords, Dadao!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:54:56 pm »
+4
The fuck, Dadao is like one of the best mid-tier swords in game, on top of that, as you mentioned it, it also looks great.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:24 pm »
Way greater than that puny Miodao and way way more greater then that ugly thing that make vomit.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:37 pm »
Snap, a fellow Omar Khayyam! Brb gotta stick apart.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 05:09:54 pm »
+2
The Dadao is better than the War cleaver.The War cleaver is unbalanced, more expensive and has higher difficulty.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »
So dadao is good because it has 12 str requirement ?
Try to kill me with  4 powerstrike + dadao if you can ; yeah your argumant is valid.

I think only thing that Dadao needs is "stab" attack.
No matter how much damage it deals , (10 cut - 15 cut i dont care...) stab attack is needed .
And no it is not the best mid tier 2h sword , HBS is way more better because STAB animation makes 2hander class useful and without it , its just plain retarded.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1286
  • Infamy: 949
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »
I would like to see Dadao buffed and made more expensive. It doesn't deserve to be just mid-tier sword.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »
Try to kill me with  4 powerstrike + dadao if you can ; yeah your argumant is valid.

I think only thing that Dadao needs is "stab" attack.
No matter how much damage it deals , (10 cut - 15 cut i dont care...) stab attack is needed .
And no it is not the best mid tier 2h sword , HBS is way more better because STAB animation makes 2hander class useful and without it , its just plain retarded.

i don't know why curved swords don't have stab attack in this game, quite ridiculous. dadao's shape is quite good for a stab attack.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:05:25 pm »

You can make a 12/27 Build easily with a Dadao.Which means over 180 wpf in 2h and 9 Athletics.If you are good with Agi builds, you can kill everyone with that easily.

It´s a matter of preferences if you are better with Agi or Str builds, but the Dadao has the Advantage that it is POSSIBLE to use it with 12 strength.This means a wider range of usability.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »
You can make a 12/27 Build easily with a Dadao.Which means over 180 wpf in 2h and 9 Athletics.If you are good with Agi builds, you can kill everyone with that easily.

It´s a matter of preferences if you are better with Agi or Str builds, but the Dadao has the Advantage that it is POSSIBLE to use it with 12 strength.This means a wider range of usability.

agiwhores use miaodao

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 07:11:23 pm »
That's why dadao should be buffed. I don't care if it has thrust or not. Not all weapons have to have a thrust whatsover, that side swing animations are also very tricky to use and it is a good way to balance things out.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 08:50:33 pm »
agiwhores use miaodao

Well the Dadao has slightly more damage and is cheaper.

The Dadao is such a good weapon, it doesnt need a buff.Totally unnecessary to buff the best Mid-tier 2h sword further.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »
Well, War Cleaver is unbalanced, unlike Dadao, which is quite an advantage for dadao. It does look awesome, though i myself prefer Miaodao, it looks even more awesome (dadao feels a bit fantasyish to me).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1475
  • Infamy: 1108
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »
Warcleaver is also longer and deals more damage. Miaodao is much faster, it's spammers choice.

People go either for length and damage or speed and damage. Very few choose weapons in between, like Dadao.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:53:23 pm by Leshma »