Poll

What do you think?

Good idea. Keep your avatar.
60 (33.5%)
Good idea. Change your avatar.
56 (31.3%)
I don't play Strategus, I'm just here for ToD's thread.
9 (5%)
Bad idea. Change your avatar.
38 (21.2%)
Bad idea. Keep your avatar.
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.  (Read 7021 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:46 am »
We can have a new continent where Drz/str and allies are the bad guys and the rest are all good guys. But then Fallen would join Drz and we be doubly screwed  :cry:
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 03:30:13 am »
+2
We can have a new continent where Drz/str and allies are the bad guys and the rest are all good guys. But then Fallen would join Drz and we be doubly screwed  :cry:
Nah. It would be easier to win if Fallen joined them.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:47 pm »
Yes please!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:12 am »
+3
No matter what you picked, or what you think... just want to highlight some numbers:

-133 people voted in this poll. That's a fairly sizable chunk of the Strategus playerbase.

61.7% FAVOR splitting into an NA and an EU Strategus.
33.9% DISFAVOR splitting.

Nearly a 2:1 ratio.

---

My analysis, feel free to disagree, is that this is not a good sign for player's contentment with the status quo. In a game where the playerbase IS the content of the game, this is not a good indicator.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2012, 07:13:30 am »
Heres an idea. Take the native continent, put one on each side of an ocean. Rhodok sides facing each other. make one continent NA, make one continent EU. Set strat 4.0 up so that once one side conquers their entire continent, nomatter the method or clan, their main responsibility is to use the economics of a unified continent, which would be accomplished militarily, or through alliances, with one clan designated head, using economics after unifying the continent to build an invasion force upon the other continent. The first continent to have a unified power would have this option and they could initiate the invasion whenever they wanted. this would allow either side to race towards hegemony and allow them to invade the not-so-organized enemy continent whenever they feel ready. It would force a war for continental power, or an alliance with clear leadership. This could be a unique and fun way to approach another round of strategus. everyone talks up the eu invasion of na lands. lets make that a reality and see if the "carebear" tactics of eu clans (stereotyping, not reflecting my own beliefs) can beat NA warmongering tactics in continental hegemony and who can beat who to initiating an invasion.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2012, 07:26:33 am »
+2
The first continent to have a unified power would have this option and they could initiate the invasion whenever they wanted.
This will be like Day 3 for Europe, just FYI.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:28:02 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2012, 07:34:50 am »
Heres an idea that involves fighting on high ping.

No thank you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kazak

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Сiла и Чѣсть!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Honeybadgers
  • Game nicks: Kazak
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2012, 10:47:22 am »
Не веровать и верить свободно - Вот в чём вера моя... И только в одно
Я верую слепо, как сердцу угодно: В веселье и радость, и в смех и в вино!

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
@ slanted: No I really don't think the EU's are as unified as NA propaganda would signify. There would inevitably be battles to decide which clan would gain leadership of whatever type of mega-alliance would be formed. And I mentioned hegemony of the entire continent before setting up an invasion force is even an option. This would mean every fief would have to be under control of a single alliance. If your trying to tell me that the entire eu community would join together under a single banner without any wars for leadership, I respectfully disagree with you. In addition there is always the option of an NA clan supporting a dissenting EU clan that would work to prevent such a mega-alliance from forming. The political intrigue could be quite tantalizing.

also, continent to continent trade could be a legitimate option. It could even be taken to the extent of having ship to ship naval battles for ocean trade routes. all it would take would be a map with two ships next to each other and two or three planks crossing the divide.

@ Tears: You realize that chadz has already set up the map in 3.0 so that the server decision for a strat battle is decided by where the battle is initiated according to a split down the middle of the map. This is how it already works. So if an NA clan wants to battle for EU territory, they already have to fight on high ping and vice-versa. My idea is simply an extension of the already set up game mechanics to a logical conclusion without the cloudy division of lands. The russian invasion of NA lands has been an end-game event, my idea does not change that, nor does it force any change as far as ping levels are concerned with the bulk of the battles which would be within each respective continent. To say that this idea would dictate high ping to all players is simply foolish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2012, 06:47:11 pm »
Your idea does dictate high ping to all players, as your plan forces an invasion of one continent at another.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »
no it doesn't force it. it is optional. just as invading from one side of the map to the other is optional. all this would do is bring a naval aspect into strategus. There is 66% of the votes that favor a split. This idea would create a split map that would allow each of us to duke it out for the continent that the 66% want all to themselves (whichever side) and still allow an interaction. The way to do the navy would need to be considered thoroughly, and the requirement to own the whole continent could be ditched before allowing an invasion. It really is the best of both worlds. Port cities would be the strongest and best defended therefor an invasion would be expensive and very difficult to achieve. You've got your own map to fight each other in, and you've still got the ability to invade the ping barrier across the ocean and still interact with our EU fellows. make boats a very expensive, buyable item in a port city. Don't even gotta code it in as an item. Just make 9 maps on ocean with three different quality boat designs (trade boat, light boat, heavy boat) and boom we've got a navy in strategus and we've got a split map as 66% of the population wants.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »
+2
-133 people voted in this poll. That's a fairly sizable chunk of the Strategus playerbase.

61.7% FAVOR splitting into an NA and an EU Strategus.
33.9% DISFAVOR splitting.
You missed the most important part of the poll:

55.4% support Tears changing his avatar
40.3% support him keeping it

Maybe not the landslide you mentioned but GET RID OF IT!
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 02:28:27 am »
GET RID OF IT!

I will, I just need to figure out an actual, proper avatar, that I want. I might go back to using Misha Collins as Castiel is really cool, but I am unsure.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:30 am »
Just use a hot guy ToD <3<3< x0x0x0x0xxoxo

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »
+2
I will, I just need to figure out an actual, proper avatar, that I want.

You're welcome.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA