Author Topic: CRPG - Aptly Named  (Read 6588 times)

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
Re: CRPG - Aptly Named
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:40 pm »
God thats a long post, yes i understand where your coming from, no need to restate what you already have said in your previous post. We just won't agree unfortunately.

I do think however alot of Longtime (clanned) players are directly relating to a time when they themselves were unclanned, when dinosaurs walked the earth. CRPG has changed dramatically in recent times. I myself have been playing for nearly as long as you, unclanned, and i can honestly say its worse now than it has ever been.

I'm not arguing against your right to play the way you want, or that this game isn't based on teamwork, i just happen to believe that certain people are taking advantage of certain things, that's all.

We both plus a cask of beer and maybe a bottle of Vodka/Tequila would make a great discussion round. :)

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:21 pm »
+1
We both plus a cask of beer and maybe a bottle of Vodka/Tequila would make a great discussion round. :)
The thing is, you can't expect teamplay if there are only single clannies or no clannies at all on a team. The players need some kind of leader and in this case this would be a group of clanplayers who show the way to go. Most of the time when one team dominates the map, the experienced players in the loosing team try to lead their team by saying "stay together and go right" or "dont split up" and things like that but it just doesn't work, because the people don't listen to them. But if you see a group of 7 or more clan players you will most likely join and follow them. So if we have team red with 2 big clans and team blue with no big clans at all, team blue is disadvantaged, because you won't see good teamplay from them. What I want to say is that clans are responsible to lead their team and BB can fuck this up by putting all clans in one team.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »
oh, cRPG stands for casual RPG?? I always thought it meant chadz' RPG
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:32 pm »
So if we have team red with 2 big clans and team blue with no big clans at all, team blue is disadvantaged, because you won't see good teamplay from them. What I want to say is that clans are responsible to lead their team and BB can fuck this up by putting all clans in one team.
You were right except that part... what could happen is the 2 big clans split up and one gets outnumbered and loses.  Happens quite often with some clans.  Chaos/KUTT will usually work together but there are some clans that don't like to work with CHAOS.  And LLJK basically just runs off like a bunch of idiots (I know this)

But usually they do win frequently, when autobalance puts a bunch of peasants on a team to make up for the clan players especially, because decent players quit at that point.  5 peasants don't make up for 1 decent player.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
+3
I prefer fighting against and with teams with a large proportion of clan players because there is generally more challenge and more teamwork involved in fighting a team with a solid core of players who work well together.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2012, 07:27:18 am »
+1
I'm seeing a disconnect with all the people in this thread talking about clan teamwork, and what I actually see in battles. Which is, only a handful of clans that actually stick together for any length of time and try to use teamwork and so on. Mostly they're just as disorganized as us random pubbers, occasionally ending up near each other creating an illusion of teamwork, but not really. Just my observation. Randomers 4 lyfe. Da bears.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2012, 09:22:47 am »
I'm seeing a disconnect with all the people in this thread talking about clan teamwork, and what I actually see in battles. Which is, only a handful of clans that actually stick together for any length of time and try to use teamwork and so on. Mostly they're just as disorganized as us random pubbers, occasionally ending up near each other creating an illusion of teamwork, but not really. Just my observation. Randomers 4 lyfe. Da bears.

KUTT occasionally falls into that appearance tbh. It isn't until we have 4+ infantry men that we really organize our tactics, or unless Xeen is around. Our problem has been the amount of our roster that wanted to go to Cavalry lately like a lot of people.

But I do agree with your random disorganization, I see that a lot. A clan that works good together is a clan that can look at what they have to field and quickly organize it to fit any situation and hopefully let everyone come out alive on their side--not easy to do given the fast-paced and very-quick-to-change gameplay we're in. Any clan that can deploy that 100% of the time, my hat's off to them!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Goeasy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I drink like koreans practice.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: E P9S
  • Game nicks: Jeor, Goeasy, random alts
  • IRC nick: Goeasy
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23:34 am »
Well... You can't really just ignore the fact that clan players, in general are better players. In a scenario where you have an almost even amount of infantry from both sides, the side with better players will usually always win the battle. Imho the team balance shouldn't be banner, and instead be based on kills achieved in a single round(CS 1.6-style). If you want to practice teamplay, go organize scrims, or have your own clan-server with BB.

Even though I'll have to add that the BB isn't the worst thing. Sometimes you're on the winning side, sometimes you're not. But those times when you're on the side that gets steamrolled 5 maps in a row. Well... It sucks.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »
+1

This.

Personally I think the biggest "imbalance" from the majority of clans is not their disciplined fighting styles (which as you note, mostly don't really exist), but the fact that when they are all on together they tend to all put on heavy, expensive gear to impress their bros.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »
Well... You can't really just ignore the fact that clan players, in general are better players. In a scenario where you have an almost even amount of infantry from both sides, the side with better players will usually always win the battle. Imho the team balance shouldn't be banner, and instead be based on kills achieved in a single round(CS 1.6-style). If you want to practice teamplay, go organize scrims, or have your own clan-server with BB.

Even though I'll have to add that the BB isn't the worst thing. Sometimes you're on the winning side, sometimes you're not. But those times when you're on the side that gets steamrolled 5 maps in a row. Well... It sucks.

Pretty sure BB balances by kills & banner. So if one clan is put together it will try and make sure the other side has an equally skilled group to offset that.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 07:59:16 pm »
+2
Pretty sure BB balances by kills & banner. So if one clan is put together it will try and make sure the other side has an equally skilled group to offset that.

it switch me versus the clans all the time because of my high kd , working as intended....   le sigh 

i did a few tests going spec to avoid the balance and rejoin after , its quite funny how the clan side lose 2 huge clanmates to compensate when i got spec

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »
If the teams are lop-sided enough, it will break up the banner of the the large banner on the winning team.  Saw it happen where 3 of us cavalry for hospitallers were top 3 on one team and won a few rounds in a row, and then all 3 of us switched to the losing team.  We of course won, and kept our x5 rolling.  "Hey I gots mine, so fuck you" doesn't seem like a very convincing argument to take for team balance discussion, but hey, I'm getting my x5 so....

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:10:23 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:47 pm »
it switch me versus the clans all the time because of my high kd , working as intended....   le sigh 

i did a few tests going spec to avoid the balance and rejoin after , its quite funny how the clan side lose 2 huge clanmates to compensate when i got spec

this.