Author Topic: CRPG - Aptly Named  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG - Aptly Named
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »
there are always cases of "which one of you is toker97?  Nobody?  I guess it's just someone using our banner now..."

In Chaos ts it's, "who in the hell is Bilbert?"
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »
I roll random-banner and get 5x ocassionally too, but sure as hell don't get to roll 5x the MAJORITY of the time. Big difference.

It's far from balanced as is.

You are right.  It is far from balanced.  When I was wearing the only banner in the server I'd get moved around all the time, hard to keep a multi when you're constantly going from one team to the other (maybe because I'm a kill whore on my horse...who knows). 

I would sometimes roll a x5, but not like it is now that I joined and wear the Hospitaller banner.  I go literally 45 minutes to an hour most nights rolling a x5.  Sometimes I've rolled x5's for 3 or 4 maps, and that's not abnormal.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:49:53 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:37 pm »
+2
shoot serge.

Also, it takes a dedicated group of players or a few individual rockstars to win maps continuously. The chance to have more of these playing together comes with being in a clan, which is one of the reasons people join them: to learn and get better, individually and in a team.

You would surprise how many people that have joined us have improved their game significantly because of it.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »

Also, it takes a dedicated group of players or a few individual rockstars to win maps continuously. The chance to have more of these playing together comes with being in a clan, which is one of the reasons people join them: to learn and get better, individually and in a team.

You would surprise how many people that have joined us have improved their game significantly because of it.

+1, I'd encourage players looking to improve to join clans.  Many don't mind what your skill level is!  Improve in a friendly environment!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »
I run around with "use faction banner" and when I'm on a roll, which doesn't happen all the time but often enough for my taste, I'll go upwards of 3-4 maps with a x5 and enough time off x1 to keep me happy. From a certain point of view I can understand the frustration though as this usually only happens when I decide to stick with the team mass with a long pointy stick and only drop to my main weapon when no one is around to help me.

And how!

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:52 pm »

Except me, Ive regressed.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 04:46:43 pm »
I think overall it's fine, the balance mostly does a decent job of matching teams skillwise. Clans are slightly more likely to do smarter than things than randoms that's about it but at the end of the day it's a game of execution and even organized clans can get rolled if they slip up.

There's also usually more than one clan on at a time, and they are usually put on seperate teams so counter each other. The only other serious advantage* clans have is that when clans are on together, they tend to put on their best gear. Occitan & Hospitaller especially love to put on all their plate when they get 6-8 on together, chaos to an extent too. 

*They pay for it, since it is absurdly expensive especially if they can't dominate the multi, but it will give them an edge since usually randoms are unwilling to also put on their armour.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2221
  • Infamy: 1062
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 05:43:07 pm »
Meanwhile Archers and Cav get fucked out of gold and xp.

Which is how it should be because they fight from distance (cav are mostly backstabbing, no difference between them and typical archer/xbowman). High risk = high reward, low risk = low reward.

For most new players (noobs), horse compensates for lack of game knowledge (skill) and they pay gold for it. For experienced players it's different but there is far more noobs than experienced players in this game.

Out of ten situations, noob on a horse can kill me at least 3 times from behind when I'm busy with someone else. Same guy, as infantry player can kill me once if he gets lucky but odds are mostly 1/20 or 1/30.

Old exp and gold system was better imho. And trolls gain nothing out of it and that's a good thing. Current system is abusable and generates far too many leechers and other idiots who are doing nothing, except wasting other people's time.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »
I like the banner balance as it is.   8-)
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »
Which is how it should be because they fight from distance (cav are mostly backstabbing, no difference between them and typical archer/xbowman). High risk = high reward, low risk = low reward.

For most new players (noobs), horse compensates for lack of game knowledge (skill) and they pay gold for it. For experienced players it's different but there is far more noobs than experienced players in this game.

Out of ten situations, noob on a horse can kill me at least 3 times from behind when I'm busy with someone else. Same guy, as infantry player can kill me once if he gets lucky but odds are mostly 1/20 or 1/30.

LOL @ disregarding situational awareness.

If you get hit in the back (by melee, archer or cav) you have not paid attention or got overwhelmed.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 06:19:07 pm »
so theirs this guy, and hes amazing. he came up with this awwweesoomee idea to fix banner balance

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,27353.0.html

the things i would do to this man

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 06:29:50 pm »
+1
Some guy speaks his mind about the current Clan domination of CRPG and makes some pretty valid points (whether you agree or not) and gets shouted down by the majority of Clanned players, suprise suprise.

Not many new people coming into CRPG these days, a lot less than when i first started thats for sure, i wonder if this kind of banner abuse and general contempt that many clanned players have for casual players is part of it.

I'm not anti clan, i don't have anything to say against organised play, it can greatly help a community, but it can also harm it. "Join a clan" sentiment doesn't work here, CRPG needs casual players.

I'll get flamed to fuck for this, but who cares.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 06:42:12 pm »
Some guy speaks his mind about the current Clan domination of CRPG and makes some pretty valid points (whether you agree or not) and gets shouted down by the majority of Clanned players, suprise suprise.

Not many new people coming into CRPG these days, a lot less than when i first started thats for sure, i wonder if this kind of banner abuse and general contempt that many clanned players have for casual players is part of it.

I'm not anti clan, i don't have anything to say against organised play, it can greatly help a community, but it can also harm it. "Join a clan" sentiment doesn't work here, CRPG needs casual players.

I'll get flamed to fuck for this, but who cares.

the thing is that the majority of players are casual clan members that when they get on to play a few rounds, they want to play with their friends.

the people like me who play this game all the time are fine with no banner balance, many people in clans have already stated this. However pairing teamwork with the directional combat system makes the game most enjoyable for a majority of the people.

i feel banner balance has gotten better, especially on seige

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:16 pm »
the thing is that the majority of players are casual clan members that when they get on to play a few rounds, they want to play with their friends.

the people like me who play this game all the time are fine with no banner balance, many people in clans have already stated this. However pairing teamwork with the directional combat system makes the game most enjoyable for a majority of the people.

i feel banner balance has gotten better, especially on seige

For me a casual player is someone who logs on, doesn't worry about TS, Vent or IRC, he/she doesn't really care about how the community perceives his epeen, or whatever. That percentage of the community is shrinking.

Yes, alot of clanned players fall under this category, but how long till they tire of the bullshit and leave, taking their friends with them no doubt to greener pastures.

My real point isn't really about Banner balance, (although i think its obviously open to abuse), its how the forum warriors on here react to a casual player just voicing his side of the story.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
For me a casual player is someone who logs on, doesn't worry about TS, Vent or IRC, he/she doesn't really care about how the community perceives his epeen, or whatever. That percentage of the community is shrinking.

Yes, alot of clanned players fall under this category, but how long till they tire of the bullshit and leave, taking their friends with them no doubt to greener pastures.

My real point isn't really about Banner balance, (although i think its obviously open to abuse), its how the forum warriors on here react to a casual player just voicing his side of the story.

no i understand where you are coming from completely. banner balance does not favor random pubs

however, you cant cater to the minority here

also the majority of players that come into crpg are through steam sales and we actually get alot of new guys players then

if you took off banner balance you would get even less multipliers. the teams would be too fair and you would rarely have an x3