Author Topic: CRPG - Aptly Named  (Read 6604 times)

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG - Aptly Named
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:36 am »
This may be true for you, but I never have problems getting a multi facing off against chaos or ats(quite the contrary with KUTT or Occitan by the way, every time I find myself on one of their teams it's almost a certain x1). Maybe you should take initiative and start picking off their good players. If you are an archer, and see a tin can like Serge with a naked peasant with practice sword behind him, shoot serge.

LOL you always use the hospy and chaos banner

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 03:31:13 am »
So..... change your banner to match someone you want to play with.

Lots of people do that.  NH is hardly a big clan but on the days where we've brought out enough people to start rockin' a server (it often only takes like 5 or 6 people working together on voice to make a real impact), there are always cases of "which one of you is toker97?  Nobody?  I guess it's just someone using our banner now..."

I guess some clans hate that but I think it's a form of flattery.

Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 03:32:34 am »
+2
I also never understood the banner ballance thing in this mod. Isn't clan stacking a bad thing in overall warband?

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:02 am »
+1
LOL you always use the hospy and chaos banner

Not that it's relevant but I have never used chaos banner and yes I fight under the hospi banner as I am a hospitaller squire
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 03:40:21 am »
The problem of random players is that they play on random parts of the walls most of the time while those big clans defend whatever is important on that map.
If randoms would look at the basic tactics those clans (hre included) are doing and try to play the same it wouldnt be so unbelievable easy to win the maps.

Its always a pleasure to come to flag while the whole defenderteam is still dancing on the walls.
Those clans dont even need to have the best players cause its enough to attack organised to defeat every random-team.

=> Mostly its the randoms-fault. Its not my fault or any fault of bigger clans that a lot of people dont understand basic mechanics of the game.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 04:14:40 am »
Ive played solo for the first 6 months. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Now if you are picking a banner of another clan and they arent the top dog, then you are setting yourself up to lose. Might want to improve your skills and run solo, or join a real clan and try to play with them.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 04:16:17 am »
well, I love big clan it's funny to be on their team, and whne on opposite... try to make them loose the GTX are always fuunny thing to watch :twisted:
for the record I'm the only NA guy of my clan but I wear the same banner of KUTT (I got banner pack so my banner is a cool pig they use native and their is an horrible bear...)

they are part of game and you gotta use this to enjoy the game more : maybe you'll get x1 often when on opposite, but that x2 will be yummy!!

We just changed to an actual banner in the banner pack. WOrking on refining it :]
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 04:45:45 am »
Personally, I don't understand this. I've never had a problem obtaining multipliers, whether I'm rocking a clan banner or a random one.
The almighty autobalancer rewards excellence! Spend some more time on the duel server. I guarantee you'll see more of X5 and much less X1.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 08:18:32 am »
+1
I actually maintain a BETTER multi when I dont have my faction banner on my alt most days (my alts dont all use our banner) mainly because unless 7+ of us are on or a few of the CHAOS Heroes are on, its all pubbies using our banner lately.  You also have to remember we don't roll 5x for days because of the lack of banner balance on the first round and after the second.

Banner balance was included to foster more teamplay and better faction teamwork and it has succeeded.  Look at Kutt, despite the armor crutching of some of their players and smaller over all numbers they are the best team-working group I've seen. 

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 08:31:24 am »
+1
The REAL problem here is GTX.

Somebody said the low score players get moved, this is true.  However, AFTER autobalance is calculated, people are like "F THIS!" and quit.  So teams might go from 40-50 to 40-44 after GTXs.

It's not the low scoring players who GTX either.

So one team loses, decent players quit, the team loses again.  When people don't quit, the teams seem to be more balanced overall.  So I don't think there's an actual problem with the autobalance as there is a problem with people disliking autobalance and just assuming it's not working.

Then again I was just on the battle server, our team got absolutely slaughtered (I think we killed about 5/40 of them?) and the autobalance switched 2 players (cav) off of our team in exchange for their team killers. (-1 and -2 score* -2 guy suicided I think, actually) maybe some other unnoticeable changes.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:50 am »
the usual blabla.

Balance is fine, don't touch it.

Offline Thanatos

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:13 am »
The exp system should return to the way it was in the old CRPG where nearby kills give you gold and exp.. This will encourage people to cooperate more and be closer to the battle.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:01 am »
+5
The exp system should return to the way it was in the old CRPG where nearby kills give you gold and exp.. This will encourage people to cooperate more and be closer to the battle.

It doesn't though, it just encourages small boxy maps where everyone can just line up and die as close together as possible.

Meanwhile Archers and Cav get fucked out of gold and xp.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 09:40:34 am »
+2
What's the problem? One time you're on the big clans side, one time you aren't.

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »
The banner balance is perfect as it is. Yes, there are a few big clans, if you're really annoyed by it feel free to change to their banner. I personally love seeing clans work together to win, even if it results in me not having a multiplier in several maps in a row. Rather that than individual-skill based wins or luck, which ends with getting to max x3, for so to fall back to x1 every third round.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:00:41 pm by Xtrah »