Author Topic: A fue Named ricky (apology letter)  (Read 11021 times)

Offline Ricky77

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • ninja
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ninja Rabbi
  • Game nicks: sokai
Re: A fue Named ricky (apology letter)
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2012, 03:52:15 am »
I dont know how long you are banned but if you ever get unbanned the admins should make sure you got a big time before and lose all the shit you exploited.
Actually everything under 2-3 months would be a joke.

i honestly do now know what your commment means. i exploited for 40-50 min and got around 300k xp from it. i asked for a xp reduction for the whole gen . sorry is i understood your post wrong

Offline micah243

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord_Tinsley Arthur_Dane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BW
  • Game nicks: Lord_tinsley Arthur_Dane
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2012, 03:54:46 am »
Okay guys seriously... The guy messed up a month ago... A month is a long time to be banned for something. He is obviously sorry now for what he did and obviously knows that even if he wanted to try it again he would be caught. Are we forgetting that this mod is really not that large and we really need dedicated players? A one month ban is pretty damn severe regardless of what he did. I highly doubt that the experience he earned from that was as much as he could make during that month. And really if the guy is writing this that long after the fact, you have got to know that he is serious about this game. People make mistakes. A perma-ban is not a suitable punishment for a first offense when it is as minor as this was. If he was to do it again then yes, it would be appropriate to issue a perma-ban. Basically you have to look at the pros and cons of perma-banning this guy. I mean yes he cheated and that deserves to be punished and yes we need examples made, but I think a one month ban from a game is enough to cool anyone down. And if you ask me that sets a hell of an example. I mean how many people here have not exploited something in some game? Would you think it was appropriate to receive a permanent ban for your first offense related to the perma-ban?

Really I think it all comes down to the fact that there is no advantage to keeping the guy banned. We as a community lose out by losing one dedicated player, and, in a community as small as CRPG, that one player can really make a difference.

I rest my case.

Offline Ricky77

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2012, 04:00:59 am »
Okay guys seriously... The guy messed up a month ago... A month is a long time to be banned for something. He is obviously sorry now for what he did and obviously knows that even if he wanted to try it again he would be caught. Are we forgetting that this mod is really not that large and we really need dedicated players? A one month ban is pretty damn severe regardless of what he did. I highly doubt that the experience he earned from that was as much as he could make during that month. And really if the guy is writing this that long after the fact, you have got to know that he is serious about this game. People make mistakes. A perma-ban is not a suitable punishment for a first offense when it is as minor as this was. If he was to do it again then yes, it would be appropriate to issue a perma-ban. Basically you have to look at the pros and cons of perma-banning this guy. I mean yes he cheated and that deserves to be punished and yes we need examples made, but I think a one month ban from a game is enough to cool anyone down. And if you ask me that sets a hell of an example. I mean how many people here have not exploited something in some game? Would you think it was appropriate to receive a permanent ban for your first offense related to the perma-ban?

Really I think it all comes down to the fact that there is no advantage to keeping the guy banned. We as a community lose out by losing one dedicated player, and, in a community as small as CRPG, that one player can really make a difference.

I rest my case.

thanks man, i appreciate it. i really have learned my lesson and wont do this shit again, its just not worth it

Offline micah243

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord_Tinsley Arthur_Dane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BW
  • Game nicks: Lord_tinsley Arthur_Dane
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2012, 04:16:20 am »
No problem man. I just really feel perma-banning is more about admins showing there power and less about actually helping the community. I mean sure it can be helpful and necessary in some situations but punishing a reformed guy further is not helping anyone. Admins are there to help the community... Perma-banning doesnt do that... After someone suffers a one month ban they know that it is serious, and if done again will obviously result in them getting caught and perma-banned. Unless they are literally retarded.... And in that case you have to show the special kids SOME leniency.....

Offline Ricky77

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2012, 04:19:37 am »
No problem man. I just really feel perma-banning is more about admins showing there power and less about actually helping the community. I mean sure it can be helpful and necessary in some situations but punishing a reformed guy further is not helping anyone. Admins are there to help the community... Perma-banning doesnt do that... After someone suffers a one month ban they know that it is serious, and if done again will obviously result in them getting caught and perma-banned. Unless they are literally retarded.... And in that case you have to show the special kids SOME leniency.....

welll i hope so man, its spring break 7 days left :P . but what ever choice meow makes i respect.

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:12 am »
+1
A FUE NAMED RICKY
Killer_Flowers
Names KillerofFlowers...

Offline Ricky77

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2012, 04:21:10 am »

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2012, 04:48:51 am »
Ricky was banned for exploiting for one hour in an empty server, to the tune of 300k xp.  He was banned about 30 hours later, that single hour being the only time he exploited.  Allers exploited even less, about 30 minutes.  Autoblockers using third party hacks, directly affecting gameplay and other players for orders of magnitude longer, were unbanned within a month.  I think there's this misconception that they were eagerly and gleefully taking advantage of the system to bypass the the game's intended direction.  It's simply not true and that they did not exploit more than the one time after being shown how, even when there was no hint of punishment, demonstrates that fact in no uncertain terms. 

I showed them the exploit, they tried it out for a while, and then they decided the mind-numbing boredom of babysitting bots every round was too much and went to battle.  In fact, I had to hassle them over Steam to even get them to join the server when I first told them about it.  I assumed a very clear leadership role in this ill-conceived endeavor, which, given my seniority and their youth, can be seen as a mitigating factor for them.

Maybe I'm missing some key bit of information or am too focused on legalistic notions of precedence (i.e. contrast to autoblockers), but I feel like a permaban is not warranted when the final decision is made (hasn't been yet). 

disclaimer: I'm friends with both of them and was banned (and unbanned) for QML abuse myself. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2012, 05:07:07 am »
Do people use autoblock for 1hr< and get banned for over a month?

QML4XP: doesn't hurt anyone
4V70|310<|<: block attacks and most of the time making you win and maybe even making other team lose xp

B3RS3RK thats from closed beta i spotted an eye are see

I was level 32 had like 1.1 mil xp left used QML to get it to 900k xp Ive respecced 2 times and I was gen 2 thats why i was only level 32.

You dont need to unban me, as I dont learn my lesson for a lot of things (for QML, yes I did and I wont do it again obviously) As I can count I number up to 11 Permabans ive had. Just unban el Rickyz0rzz0rz0rz0r0zr0zr0z0rz0r0zr0z0rz0rz

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:36:01 am by Allers »
Ca$hville 615

Offline Thanatos

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:58 am »
Ricky should be unbanned. Hes is a dedicated CRPG player who barely does anything bad..

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2012, 11:59:53 am »
welll i hope so man, its spring break 7 days left :P

Surely there are betting things to do on spring break...like getting laid.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2012, 01:04:25 pm »
Surely there are betting things to do on spring break...like getting laid.

It´s ricky :rolleyes:
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »
It´s ricky :rolleyes:

Then permaban will do him good to get some rl time.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »
+3
People with a mind capable of abusing stuff to take advantage over people that play fair, dont belong in any online gaming community.

There's a user agreement in almost every online game that tells you not too exploit. If you havent learned by now, you will never learn.

Sorry man, but i wont fall for your crocodile tears, nor your misleading excuses.

thanks man, i appreciate it. i really have learned my lesson and wont do this shit again, its just not worth it

You mean its just not worth it, now that youve been caught right?

PERMABAN

Permaban for you is well deserved. Go play Pac-Man and use cheats.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:46:01 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Ricky77

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »
People with a mind capable of abusing stuff to take advantage over people that play fair, dont belong in any online gaming community.

There's a user agreement in almost every online game that tells you not too exploit. If you havent learned by now, you will never learn.

Sorry man, but i wont fall for your crocodile tears, nor your misleading excuses.

You mean its just not worth it, now that youve been caught right?

PERMABAN

Permaban for you is well deserved. Go play Pac-Man and use cheats.

I understand exactly 100% where you're coming at, i shamed myself by cheating, but i think your taking it a little to far. crpg is basically the only video gave i have ever played except some tf2 and some total war games. never played anything else except pc. but yea i deserve to be thrown tomatoes at the town hall :P . THEN SECOND CHANCE