Author Topic: About banners  (Read 776 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
About banners
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
+4
Just a question, would it be possible to set a time on banners so that people can switch banner only once every 2nd day or similar?

That way it would stop that people constantly change banners to those of a big clan to farm multi. Saw it a couple of days ago on siege, about 60% or 70% or defending team had banner of grey order although there were only about 8 greys online :/
Same happens with 22nd and HRE. People changing their banner so they can farm multi with them. Nothing against teamplay, I would love to see more of it on siege, but that's just lame. These people do not really work together with the clans who work in a team via ts. They just walk around behind happy about their free multi...

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: About banners
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »
Good idea, best still would be to put the banners accordingly to your faction in Strategus. Your part of the faction, you are able to use it. If you are in no faction, you automatically use the default faction banner (Khergits for purple, Nords (the native faction, not the Nordmen) for blue, u.a.). Not sure if that was possible though. But it was suggested several times already.

bad thing about that would be bigger unions of clans though, i.e. crusader alliance (several clans are in strategus faction?, one banner)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:18:19 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »
Wouldn't be a good idea I think.

Some people want to take a certain banner because it looks good on shields or heraldic stuff and want to keep it.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:23:59 pm »
eh, no?! Byzantium for example does not play strat.

It doesn't have to be strat I guess. Maybe a way to "create" a faction screen of your clan on the crpg page. the thing with strat just came to my mind as it was mentioned before.

edit: true true, probably the best suggestion to make a cd for changing it.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:42:49 pm »
I wouldn't mind the banner stacking so much on Siege except that the team with the most "matching" banners seem to get auto-balanced to the Attack side damn near every round.  As a result, the banner-stackers will have long runs of x3-x5 while the rest of the accumulated banners get stuck on Defense for a couple hours straight, alot of which will be x1.

I'm rebellious against the banner stack.  Just can't make myself do it.  Been tempted many times but I just refuse out of sheer... stupidity maybe?  But because of this I've been stuck on Defense for as many as 16 rounds in a row.  And that was just when I took the trouble to actually count.

A timer on banner swapping probably would help with this some.  So +1 to the OP for the idea.  Not sure if it's possible to code though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:44:34 pm by Draggon »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »
Only if you could switch banners for different chars. My HA uses the GK banner but my hoplite uses the PL banner. And I often play both in one session.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:38:52 am »
NO. when I choose some clan banner, I try to play well and give my best. I also have a lot kills and on scoreboard I'm in first 5. So when I don't play with some clan players Im also in top 5 on scoreboard but all time on x1.

Conclusion - player need to be able to chose with who he want to play. I don't want to wasting my time and gold playing with some nobs.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:06:12 pm »
Yeah fine, but then decide once and play with them instead of just choosing every couple of minutes the biggest clan on server  :rolleyes:

Btw, couple of days ago there have been so many guys with grey order banner, that even grey order guys got switched into the other team whereas those randomers stayed with their clanmates...

And you can always start orangising your noobs. Just write in chat what to do, sometimes it works wonders ;)  We won a couple of rounds yesterday only with randomers cause some people gave tips or orders or just did what was needed. I can also be top of the list on siege when I just run around and kill everyone. But staying at gatehouse all time will make your team win, not getting most kills   :wink:     just an example

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »
I never run around for kills. I don't care for kills only for xp and gold, kills come by themselves :D.  Players who play siege know that. I always defend gate or try to open it like attacker, give tips to others, defend flag. I also do that if I'm in weaker team with randomers but in 90% of cases they don't listen, so It can be very exhausting.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:51:21 pm by Sagar »