Author Topic: Solution to the Strength Madness???  (Read 12385 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 993
  • Infamy: 671
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Solution to the Strength Madness???
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:33 pm »
+2
An agi build can use a blunt or pierce weapon if they play smart. Which it seems some don't want to have to do.

Well, I could trade my loomed gear for lordy Milanese full set, 2 mil of gold and a MW Flamberge. Could play for 6 months like that with some occasional Siege low gear farming. With my AGI build I would kill twice as much. There's a reason why I don't do it, same reason why I don't use blunt or pierce 2H weapons. Some people care about style...

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2012, 01:44:04 am »
I am going for a ps8 build now, and currently I have 7 and I hit an unhelmeted strength build in the head again today and it didn't kill.

I get 1 shotted all the time in the head with cut weapons even and I have a decent helmet.
12 PS master race here. You're all just jealous of my purple lady headcloth letting me survive 2 headswings, followed by me 1shotting everything that isn't a strength build.
#bigplayz
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:46:19 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:33 am »
I am going for a ps8 build now, and currently I have 7 and I hit an unhelmeted strength build in the head again today and it didn't kill.

I get 1 shotted all the time in the head with cut weapons even and I have a decent helmet.

I use a +3 Iberian Mace with PS 5 and frequently 1-shot anyone, helmet or not with the 'ol Mace to the Face. Probably because I don't melee until late in the round, and/or have peppered them with arrows first, but still gets done  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »
Well, I could trade my loomed gear for lordy Milanese full set, 2 mil of gold and a MW Flamberge. Could play for 6 months like that with some occasional Siege low gear farming. With my AGI build I would kill twice as much. There's a reason why I don't do it, same reason why I don't use blunt or pierce 2H weapons. Some people care about style...
I care about style too which is why when I use what I like stats and looks wise I consider that I may not be able to be the best at everything. Also the build I choose will not be the best at everything. It's called compromise. BTW swords have a pierce stab which is very useful so it's not like agi sword user have NO options (in addition to being able to avoid a fight). If strength builds bothered me how it seems to bother some of you I would probably keep a nice weapon specifically to better deal with them whenever there seemed to be a significant amount on a server that was owning my team.

But the balance should not be agi can 1 hit strength user in the head. It should not be agi can 3 hit strength user with cut damage. It should not be agi can survive 3 hits from high PS build.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2012, 07:10:50 pm »
But the balance should not be agi can 1 hit strength user in the head. It should not be agi can 3 hit strength user with cut damage. It should not be agi can survive 3 hits from high PS build.

Maybe you shouldn't get hit in the head  :lol:

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2012, 12:46:18 am »
Just remove HP bonus from strength.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »
Just remove HP bonus from strength.

That or buff so agi actually adds something substantial like free wpf for each agi point.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:47 pm »
Strength is more viable in the game, that is true. But why shouldn't it be? It's not that you are forced to choose AGI dominated builds. In my opinion, this would only limit creativity. There is nothing concerning the balance.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »
Strength is more viable in the game, that is true. But why shouldn't it be? It's not that you are forced to choose AGI dominated builds. In my opinion, this would only limit creativity. There is nothing concerning the balance.

Why should ANY build be more viable (other than your personal bias)? I've got news for you, any build being more viable is the definition of unbalanced.  :rolleyes:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:02 am »
No, it's not. If 3-39 was both viable and capable of getting 13 ath, that would be unbalanced. Et cetera - of course some builds are 'less viable' than others.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2012, 05:06:32 am »
No, it's not. If 3-39 was both viable and capable of getting 13 ath, that would be unbalanced. Et cetera - of course some builds are 'less viable' than others.

No it wouldn't.  :shock:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2012, 05:48:32 am »
+1
Yeah, well. You still SUCK
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2012, 08:30:21 am »
Yea brad pitt guy you suck. A warrior needs more strength than he needs agility unless he's/she's a ninja or assasin or somethin.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 473
  • Infamy: 1545
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2012, 01:59:45 pm »

Both those extreme builds (3-39 and 39-3) shouldn't be viable. They should change the mod in a way where every build that has more than 30 STR or AGI isn't viable at all. At least that's what I think.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:00:56 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2012, 02:00:50 pm »
nerf ranged