Author Topic: [Siege] (rule breaking/discussion) Thread (if you play siege please read)  (Read 3017 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Well.

Im sure some people have noticed an admin crackdown on siege lately.

Kicks are becoming less used and bans more used (in my case at least).

Personally Im tired of the people that continually break the server rules for their own interests and dont respect the fact that other players do follow the rules and are becoming pissed off with other people breaking them and getting away with it.

I'm already partly regretting my harsher punishments because some innocent players may be unjustly banned but there's still many players who dont seem to think they're doing anything wrong by breaking the rules.

If you only want to play on the same team as your clan, wait till end of 1st round and then join and there's no reason for me to ban you.

If you need to afk more than 10-20 secs go to spec. You wont lose your multi in spec (unless your team loses the round). If you're paranoid that an admin might think you're team switching (and going to spec to avoid being in that team), then maybe type a msg, as some already do.

One player I banned yesterday came into the Anatarian TS channel and was swearing every other word at me. I told him the reason he was banned and that I didnt believe the story he told me. He then said (in other words) that I was doing it just to greys, or picking on greys as a clan.

I dont even think his character had a grey tag on when I banned him and if there's more greys than other clans being banned then it's because the players from that clan are more likely to be doing it than other clans.

If a clan wants a good image then they have to have members that uphold the clans opinions and values. Having players that take every opportunity to cheat or abuse the game system tarnishes the clan as a whole, and causes arguments in servers (for example some HRE and Grey members arguing a few days ago).

I dont mean this thread to be about one clan in particular, Im responding to some comments made in a locked thread in the Ban section of the forum, as well as other comments that have been said lately.

I honestly dont ban a player "just because they're in a particular clan" but there are some clans that I have a dim view of regarding team switching, using ladders as a defensive weapon to instantly break attacker ladders, and other things that have happened in the past.

That's human nature. You observe things that happen, and opinions form.

I could probably go on a long time about this stuff but I want to hear other peoples opinions and views first.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:37:44 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Can't agree any more with you, it's really getting pretty ridicolous. I mean, i even screenshotted someone changing the team while an admin was online...that's just a punch and a lovely "FUCK YOU" in the face of those few siege admins who are doing a job that is already hard enough.
And the worst is: They don't fucking stop it! Everyday is see players changing the team, the amount of ban-requests (About 20 in the last 2 weeks and that's just mine) is just displaying a little "unlucky" minority that got caught.

And to be honest, i don't have any idea why the hell you wouldn't enjoy playing against your clan-members on every first round. Maybe it's just me, but from time to time i enjoy to show my clanmates "Whos da bozz" (Well, although i usually fail xD) and we do have a lot of fun killing each other just like we have fun playing together and pwning everyone who gets near us.

Everybody needs to be a less multi-greedy, because that's obviously what it's all about.

Oh, and before any of the Greys is thinking that "they"="Grey Order" i should probably make clear that "they"="Exploiters/Cheaters/Abusers/Whatever"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:06:03 pm by Fips »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Can't agree any more with you, it's really getting pretty ridicolous. I mean, i even screenshotted someone changing the team while an admin was online...that's just a punch and a lovely "FUCK YOU" in the face of those few siege admins who are doing a job that is already hard enough.
And the worst is: They don't fucking stop it! Everyday is see players changing the team, the amount of ban-requests (About 20 in the last 2 weeks and that's just mine) is just displaying a little "unlucky" minority that got caught.

And to be honest, i don't have any idea why the hell you wouldn't enjoy playing against your clan-members on every first round. Maybe it's just me, but from time to time i enjoy to show my clanmates "Whos da bozz" (Well, although i usually fail xD) and we do have a lot of fun killing each other just like we have fun playing together and pwning everyone who gets near us.

Everybody needs to be a less multi-greedy, because that's obviously what it's all about.

Oh, and before any of the Greys is thinking that "they"="Grey Order" i should probably make clear that "they"="STR/AxeEffect/Abusers/Whatever"

+1 and +1 RandomDude for making a sensible dicussion thread.  It really shouldn't be all about the multi.

Which is why I strongly agree with the proposed murmerings of no more spec mode.

As for the other glitching mentioned in the OP like ladders breaking ladders etc, retards will be retards.

Big shout out to Jacko too pls. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:12:14 pm by polkafranzi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
RandomDude, ignore all the whiny bitches and keep on cracking down!

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
  I personally think abusers are the most fantastic thing that can ever happen to the game. Those are kind people who show devs their mistakes and point out what has to be done in the most noticeable manner.
  Fixing bugs would make the game so much better while banning all the exploiters would just lower the community member count.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
In addition i have to say: If you see a HRE doing it: ban him.
We do tell our members to follow the rules and if they dont they deserve a ban.

If someone of HRE did this multiple times he probably would no longer be a member of us.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
One player I banned yesterday came into the Anatarian TS channel and was swearing every other word at me. I told him the reason he was banned and that I didnt believe the story he told me. He then said (in other words) that I was doing it just to greys, or picking on greys as a clan race.
RACIST!!! I refuse to read the next sentence, you're SO a racist admin!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
although I dont play on EU, keep up the good work.  THe louder they scream the better job your doing.

Just like Mitch Hedberg says, germs do not go quietly

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Send the Flambanberge!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
+5
Fixed in next patch. Team switching that is.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Send the Flambanberge!

When we give RandomDude the Banberge, shit will go down.
There'll be a lot of collateral damage too though... ;)
Professional poop cleaner

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Al Hail the great Ozin.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
  Don't worry RandomNuub, all the crying happening is a sign that there are actually admins doing their jobs.

Perpetrators got too used to the hibernation of the admin base in EU, with the special weight on Siege mode, and thought they could get away with it forever.

As one of the replies says, sure you can fix stuff instead of banning people, but with my vast experience on this field I can say with sure that, who has the mindset to do this sort of actions and behavior once, will always be volatile enough to do any other action like these ones in the future.

I'd rather play with half server only than with a server full where 50% are scum with the only propose of ruining the rests game time quality. But this is what I feel, obviously can't be taken into such an extreme proportion but into consideration while balancing things. Everyone deserves a second chance, and no one should need to ask for a third.

Just keep up the good work (aka the work of several admins by one), and specially keep in touch with the community like this, secrecy isn't good for any community in any place in the world.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Best thing the devs have done in a long time. Hire Ozin to do what they can't be arsed to do.