Author Topic: Blanket stab nerf needed  (Read 12354 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Blanket stab nerf needed
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »
While far from ideal, the stabbs in crpg are preferable to native in MY VIEW, as Native Deathmatch the most effective weapons are GreatSword and Ashwood Pike, BOTH weapon you can outfight in crpg with a bastard sword, swordandboard, etc. Lets look at how much better our CRPG animations and gameplay mechanics are, and not that people can adjust their stab angle after initiating an attack, WITHOUT this, pikes, lances, and greatsword stabs would be a measure of DESPERATION, since it its hit or die, while ur stabbing into space!
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2011, 08:24:28 pm »
..You can outfight both weapons in native too with the weapons you mentioned.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:23 pm »
I find it hilarious how every time the spin-thrust is criticized, there's loads of people screaming l2block.
I suppose the same people are ok if I add a 500 damage overhead, because, hey, it can be blocked.

l2balance.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
This.
But yeah, fixing it would need to change many other things, too. Like the retarded fact that the 1h sword thrust is a liability if you don't spin it. But I think this would also make the game better, ofc it's probably impossible.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 09:44:22 pm »
I find it hilarious how every time the spin-thrust is criticized, there's loads of people screaming l2block.
I suppose the same people are ok if I add a 500 damage overhead, because, hey, it can be blocked.

l2balance.

How exactly is spinthrust imbalanced? AFAIK it can't oneshot you, unless with speed bonus, but then again, everything can one shot you with speed bonus. If it's the speed, alright, nerf the speed. I don't care, I don't use 2h. You wanna make it that everytime you start a thrust, you're locked and can't move your aim until you finish the animation? Well then you will make thrust useless.

What is so imbalanced about spinthrust that needs to be fixed?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:42 pm »
Everything can one shot me.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00:49 pm »
How exactly is spinthrust imbalanced? AFAIK it can't oneshot you, unless with speed bonus

That's a relief. If it can't one shot me it's obviously perfectly balanced.

What is so imbalanced about spinthrust that needs to be fixed?

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that it's using a glitch in the engine to bypass range and speed restrictions?
It's not the spinning per-se that is lame (it just looks retarded), it's the bonus that it gives you because someone was too lazy to make proper calculations like for other attacks and instead just used animation time.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:07 pm »

l2balance.
Hmm yes. I would be ok with that.

Next patch?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2011, 10:07:24 pm »
Are imbalance and broken synonyms? Anyway, if you can fix the bypassing of range, go ahead and do it then. I assumed it's hard coded and can't be changed unless with WSE.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

l2balance.

They scream learn to block because it's not that hard to do so? sorry to say that one of the major parts of this game (blocking different directional attacks) has to be used to counter most things in this game. xD
& you can spin-over head as well, long maul is amazing for it & it's crushthrough
Maybe all weapons should do 0dmg & we can just wack off each other all day ;)

Just my opinion, but if you're a master of the right mouse button, you probably don't have much issues with this game.

Anyways, I wouldn't care about the loss of LOLstabs, LOLoverheads, but what I worry is that it cannot be done without nerfing pikemen, or nerfing the stab to completely useless on all weapons.

"You wanna make it that everytime you start a thrust, you're locked and can't move your aim until you finish the animation? Well then you will make thrust useless."

^ thats what I thought up as a solution to the spinning stab thrust, but then stabbing becomes pretty much like kicking someone, terribly challenging & mostly relying on luck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2011, 10:21:58 pm »
Not to mention it'll be chambered. Every. Single. Time.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »
People saying that it's the players fault for not blocking....sorry, but that is a really stupid argument.

The thrust mechanic is absolutely retarded. People thrust and deal full damage with their 5 foot long swords while they are nose to nose with the guy they are trying to hit. Same thing with any stabbing polearms. Once you get passed the guard of someone with a long weapon, the thrust attack shouldn't be viable.  It's not a problem with the animation or weapon stats, it's the weapon hitboxes.

Don't cry about a broken game mechanic though, it's your fault for not blocking.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:29:07 pm by chief »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »
All it does is make the game more interesting. Feinting, too, was not intended. The combat would be way too easy and boring if it was "realistic" and if we didn't have these "bugs."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2011, 10:34:24 pm »
All it does is make the game more interesting. Feinting, too, was not intended. The combat would be way too easy and boring if it was "realistic" and if we didn't have these "bugs."

Explain to me how it makes the game more interesting. Weapons intended for long range are just as effective at short range. Doesn't that kind of get rid of the need for short weapons?

Sorry, this isn't really comparable to feinting.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2011, 10:36:08 pm »

So, shall we "make the game more interesting" by completely removing the shield penalty? Or maybe doubling the polearm stun duration. That would make it "more interesting". Don't you agree?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:37:15 pm by cmpxchg8b »