Author Topic: Blanket stab nerf needed  (Read 11639 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Blanket stab nerf needed
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »
The following arguments are irrelevent, and I would appreaciate if people stop repeating them.

- "You can block it." *You can block any attack (except crush through) that doesn't make it balanced.
- "You can do it with any weapon." *Yeah, thanks, that still doesn't make it a good thing.
- "It's the only advantage 2h weapons have over polearms." *Simply not true. 2h weapons have favorable animations which make them significantly longer when swung than a polearm of the same lenght. They have better thrust damage and the speed is about even.

The main problems I see with "spin thrusts" are realism, the way it looks and the fact that it takes away the situaitonal advantage of close ranged fighting from short weapons. A long weapon trying to stab a close range should glance, not deal massive damage.

The question is, how do you fix it?

No offense, but realism doesn't in a game. Unless it's a simulator.

Realism would imply strict adherence to real life.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »
No offense, but realism doesn't in a game. Unless it's a simulator.

Realism would imply strict adherence to real life.

Isn't realism the reason the Loony toons axe was removed? Some aspects do require a degree of realism.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:26:02 am by chief »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2011, 07:10:31 pm »
Lastly, I'm pretty positive that the 2h slashes are less likely to glance at close range. Test it. Stand nose to nose with someone, slash with a longhafter blade, and then try with a Bastard sword. Tell me which (if either) glances. If niether of them glance, that's just another problem.

I have never ever at any range whatsoever had a MW glaive (don't remember lesser versions, but I don't remember glances with balanced/deadly either) with 7 PS glance. Ever.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2011, 07:37:03 pm »
I've never glanced with a GLA when using it with 1 wpf
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2011, 07:52:23 pm »
I've never glanced with a GLA when using it with 1 wpf

Doesn't wpf only increase speed? It's like saying I've never glanced with glaive while eating pizza.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2011, 07:54:58 pm »
Doesn't wpf only increase speed?

Damage as well, for all melee weapons and archery and throwing.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »
Doesn't wpf only increase speed? It's like saying I've never glanced with glaive while eating pizza.

If it increases speed then when it contacts the target the damage will also be increased.

It is the difference from hitting you with the pizza, and giving a single slice to a baseball player and having him throw it at you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2011, 06:16:56 pm »
If it increases speed then when it contacts the target the damage will also be increased.

It is the difference from hitting you with the pizza, and giving a single slice to a baseball player and having him throw it at you.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2011, 05:09:25 am »

No idea what you mean by the pizza reference,

but your analogy for the first part isn't quite true. Damage dealt by your weapon has nothing to do with how fast the weapon is moving. M&B's physics don't work that way. There's a hard programed increase per wpf point. It works out to be about 17% more damage per 100 points of wpf. The exact formula has not been released by taleworlds, but it is somewhat exponential. This means that each point in wpf does not yield a .17% damage increase.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: