Author Topic: Blanket stab nerf needed  (Read 12298 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: Blanket stab nerf needed
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 03:51:07 am »
Banok I will be happy to test with you on duel server that without spinthrust, there is no way you can do full thrust damage on me with any weapon point blank.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 10:08:43 am »
Banok I will be happy to test with you on duel server that without spinthrust, there is no way you can do full thrust damage on me with any weapon point blank.

+1

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »
As a cav, I usually fear more a danish/german sword user than a heavy lancer on foot...

Kinda feel something isn't right...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:51 pm »
Hilarious coming from a guy which abuses the heirloom system to get a insanely fast crushthrough weapon  :lol:

OWNED

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 01:35:01 pm »
Who's the owner and does he have the correct ownership paperwork?

E: I would like to add that Noobwegians are tricky pets and are not recommended for beginners, so unless Banok has some expertise on this subject I would recommend not having 'Siiem' as his first.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:46:45 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »
Pikes dont do crap if you facehug. Goddamn liars. You have to to back step enough or sidestep and hit to the side if you want a hit from close range.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »
I came to make a post about nerfing spin thrusts, but found this already here.

Spin thrusts need to go away. Yes, a 360 degree spin thrust is entirely possible, I've done it. How? You turn 181 degrees and when you snap your mouse back to front, it will complete the 360 spin for you.

Forgot to mention that the cavalry tactic of thrusting wide and just sweeping the haft through someone for full contact thrust damage is ridonculous.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:37:15 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 06:10:08 pm »
I came to make a post about nerfing spin thrusts, but found this already here.

Spin thrusts need to go away. Yes, a 360 degree spin thrust is entirely possible, I've done it. How? You turn 181 degrees and when you snap your mouse back to front, it will complete the 360 spin for you.

Forgot to mention that the cavalry tactic of thrusting wide and just sweeping the haft through someone for full contact thrust damage is ridonculous.

Downblock when you see someone near you has stab chambered/is stabbing. Problem solved

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:32 pm »
Erhm...it's very easy to use an extremely long weapon to thrust effectively at close range without spinning.

Chamber thrust, turn to the right slightly, release, turn left again while the weapon is extended (towards the guy you want to hit), bam, full damage. The point doesn't hit them, the side of the weapon does, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I call it "the swoop", it works with 2h weapons, polearms, but not 1h weapons.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:40:01 pm by chief »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 07:13:10 pm »
Doesn't matter how you call it, it's still the same. The point is, you start the thrust not aiming at your target and when the thrust is at it's final stage, you swing it at your opponent, delivering full dmg if he does't block.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:00 pm »
Doesn't matter how you call it, it's still the same. The point is, you start the thrust not aiming at your target and when the thrust is at it's final stage, you swing it at your opponent, delivering full dmg if he does't block.

That last part is most important. Stop whining guys and learn to block. Youre not able to block a weapon with only 2 attack directions, you deserve to get full damage.

(click to show/hide)

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 07:35:10 pm »
FYI I get hit pointblank even with the fucking 2 meter pike. the fact that people are using pike/awlpike only in duels vs people facehugging just backs up the OP with 100% fact.

Make a video of it and i'll believe in you.

Otherwise, gtfo.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 07:53:28 pm »

Problem sorted then. Looks like RightMouseButton saved the day YET AGAIN!! WOOT FOR BLOCKING!
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 07:53:48 pm »
Let's just remove thrust all together so all the crying noobs will stop whining.

Even a mediocre player can block thrust and/or spinthrusts, if you fail at it, perhaps you should spend some quality time on a duel server for abit.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 07:58:28 pm »
Erhm...it's very easy to use an extremely long weapon to thrust effectively at close range without spinning.

Chamber thrust, turn to the right slightly, release, turn left again while the weapon is extended (towards the guy you want to hit), bam, full damage. The point doesn't hit them, the side of the weapon does, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I call it "the swoop", it works with 2h weapons, polearms, but not 1h weapons.

It kinda works with 1handers too, it's just slower and shorter, epic damage though.. has destroyed me many a time at face hugging range due to the 'swoop' technique as you call it.

Don't think this should be removed though, all you gotta do is block.. If anything you have more time to block it than a normal stab because they're going through this ritual of spinning around in circles.

& yes, lolspin with the pike, or swoop technique, whatever it's called can stab at point blank range. This is not unbalanced though, if you can't down block & up block you failz, & you just died to a pike man .. I bet he lol'd

so yes, you can spin into almost any stab at point blank range and cause full damage. But if you can block, this shouldn't really bother you too much. btw I use a katana & a nodachi, so I don't think I gain very much from the lolspin, just trying to be unbiased.

ALL MY OPINION, so everyone can screw off with these "Video or it didn't happen" retorts.

Hmm seems I'm repeating what everyone else said so eloquently before me, ma bad.