Author Topic: Unity of the CHURCH  (Read 30644 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: Unity of the CHURCH
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »
thank you for clarifying this, i was under the impression this papal buisiness was in strat only and was supposed to be generic (dont know if thsi is the right word ) meaning it could conquer but also be overthrown.

*edit: on the otherhand how im a curious in how you will deal with defeat from harpag? will you say unfair we still rule the chuch whatever u do nanananana, or will there actually be a way you can still hold the claim as pope ? like an exile story or something.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:27:00 pm by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:32 pm »
No its something that has been in the Templars since strat 1.0  We reintroduced it with strat 2.0 and have carried it across from there.  I have taken a lead in its development, holding elections for cardinals, redeveloping the Papal Guard and have sought to expand it on several occasions.  Harpag, and many of his supporters fail to understand that whatever happens in strategus will not result in a change to our clan, and that can only come about through progressive, diplomatic discussion.
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »
yes this is clear to me, outside strat you keep this system, what im curious about is how will this roleplay hold itself up in strat once defeated, will the story be the true pope has gone into hiding, he will return one day, or will it be the pope died , till next time, harpag you cant be pope in strat whatever u want bleh.

*edit, what im trying to say is , ofc you can keep your system outside strat, but i see strat as a story written by players, so if you are defeated in strat you must still feel somehow obliged to uphold this story eventhow its a grim story for your faction. and within this strat game it should be possible for harpag to overthrow you. next trat = new story with same factions different outcomes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:33:13 pm by rufio »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
We were in fact planning something similar to that, there was to be a fight between the two of them and our pope was to resign, this never happened.  Unfortunately now I'm unwilling to cooperate with Harpag following his attitude and behaviour, along with that of his supporters.  As such im sure our pope will escape from the grips of the Grey order and their friends, and continue upholding the chadzian faith, far away from the effect of hostile forces.
Turtles

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »
If Growl comes back to crpg i join the templars and i wipe the uif out of strategus

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:26 pm »
If Growl comes back to crpg i join the templars and i wipe the uif out of strategus

If someone let you in :P

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2012, 11:03:22 pm »
If someone let you in :P

I've always been an idol for templars  8-)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2012, 11:07:11 pm »
We were in fact planning something similar to that, there was to be a fight between the two of them and our pope was to resign, this never happened.  Unfortunately now I'm unwilling to cooperate with Harpag following his attitude and behaviour, along with that of his supporters.  As such im sure our pope will escape from the grips of the Grey order and their friends, and continue upholding the chadzian faith, far away from the effect of hostile forces.

in other words harpag would still take the throne, but chadzians would still secretly recognize the true pope and work on his return ?, while under the reign of this usurper harpag?
i mean you cant deny harpags victory within the realm of strategus it dousnt work that way, then you just have to accept the way he handles things , and the story will tell it that way, but the story dous continue, it dousnt end with, a Casimir: ''time out time out this is not how its supposed to be !! you didnt play fair, boo, ''if you get backstabbed so be it, the story will tell it that way. this is just me sharing my perspective on how it should be given things turn out as predicted.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:05 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:19 pm »
We don't have prove anything and we play this game for fun.

(click to show/hide)

I think Harpag has more chance then you to join the Templars, they have a very strict recruitment policy.  :twisted:

Also: what Xant said.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:29 pm »

what huge mistake did i make xant? where did i make you go this dousnt make sence at all? or is this revealing you dont know when to use this gesture? or maybe your not as intelligent as i thought you to be? or maybe you just want some love, ifso come to ts and socialize abit for a change.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »
Well the best thing is, even if we get beaten in strat, there's nothing stopping us from saying the pope escaped and is still the pope.  The papacy isn't tied to a location, it isn't defined by anything in strat.  Anyone could declare themselves pope when they like, it wont change our RP.
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
so if the pope get defeated but manages to escape, all citizens of strategus wont know about it , and the pope can just travel to another location and go on with whatever he was doing, pretend he was never defeated, he never had to flee, and whiff it all off as a rumor.. hmm ifso you are making this pretty eazy on yourself, and i am dissapoint since this was giving me hope strategus had some more depth to it then i thought.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »
Well tbh Rufio, its harldy like we are going to give the Pope up. If/when time comes, we will fight rearguard and the Pope will make his escape. There are many fiefs and forests on the map. If for some reason anyone DID get their hands on the Pope, he would simply Wololo them into joining us. Duh! You think any of us STARTED life on this side? Nope. Wololo'ed, to a man.
I don't know enough

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »
yes its really clear to me now that this isnt generic in strat, and that you can basicly pick and choose what to roleplay and when and how, and in strat events have no effect whatsoever, since you can just fantasise your way out of it. i had hoped for this to actually be a story in the making from the events in strat... not from people choosing what events they want in the story and not... if you get what im saying. now im just seeing people not liking that things arent going theyr way, and saying f y a no more roleplay.