Author Topic: Unity of the CHURCH  (Read 30594 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Unity of the CHURCH
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:57 am »
As i said rufio, if we were willing to be involved in something that was going to be quite dynamic and fun.  Unfortunately agreements weren't kept and misinformation was spread.  As such there's no reason for us to be cooperative.

You seem to think that we all agreed to RP under a certain set of rules or agreements, that's obviously not the case else 99% of alliances that exist probably wouldn't.  You can only be governed so far by RP, although some people care more bout it than others.  Its simply an excuse for war here, rather than any actual RP.
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:01 am »
you are all playing under sertain rules,,, you all need to play the stratmap the same way... build up armys,trade, fight...
so if you ad rp its  the factions right? = templars / nords/ greys / druzhina and so on, so all these factions have theyr own backgrounds right?
all these factions playing under the same rules in strat...
when these factions decide to communicate with eachother it is already rp'ing, since you are playing the role of a spokesmen of that sertain faction within the rules of strategus. so you decided to add more background story and depth to this rp by bringing in the hole papal thing, still this whole papal thing is bound to you witch is then bound to strat and the rest of the rp,so you and harpag went into a discussion= you casimir of the templars and harpag of the greys, i guess those arent your rl names are they now? decide to role play and talk about this papal thing, you make agreements withing strat with your characters whiting your factions. i guess you already get the picture im scetching ye? and plz dont think that because you type sertain messages differently in old sounding language that make it different, thats just roleplay within the roleplay. so even if you say hah well you know we not gonna play along enymore, you didnt stick to your agreements... you already lost right there imo... and going on in strat wont change the whole picture of  you not wanting to play enymore because things arent going your way within strat. jsut my point of view, if you want to keep your roleplay within the roleplay seperate do as you please. defeat is defeat, and the victore decides what happens not the loser.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:44 am »
My point is, we are still role playing, at no point have we stopped. I'm just saying, that we can say and RP whatever the fuck we want.  There aren't any rules for RP here.  The sooner you comprehend that, the better.

Your argument that we are topping because we're loosing is also off, mostly because it never started.  We made an agreement with Harpag that was immediately broken, thus meaning the RP war never occurred and that this was just justification for a fight.
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:28 am »
and you dont seem to understand strat is already rping, its like saying i play an mmorpg but i dont rp. ofc de defenition of rping within an mmorpg is that you fully emerge into the roleplay, unlike most players who just play without full emergion, its still roleplaying nevertheless. what im saying is you are playing a roleplaying game , where you decided to ad depth to that role your playing ( emerge more) then when that is challenged by another player within this roleplaying game who also decided to ad some depth, and its not going your way, you decide to seperate your depth of roleplaying and disconnect it from the frame it spawned from and is practiced in.. hopefully you arebeginning to comprehend what im trying to say.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:04 am »
i understand what your saying, I just don't think that's how it works here.  The RP element is entirely option, there are plenty of factions which have little or no backstory, and aren't immersed  If someone introduces their own depth to the RP you can either partake or not, we were going to partake in one form that unfortunately didn't occur.  What I've been trying to say is the 'depth' you referred to was merely a pretence for war on a lesser level, and isn't really bound by anything.  Its just a matter of perspective I guess.
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2012, 12:48:19 am »
you dont understand that the backstory dousnt mattter. its still roleplaying,, its still lets say rufio from the nords is traveling to this villag to trade goods, oh no there he is jumped by casimir from the templars on his way back, oh no what to do now fight i guess. and contact casimir that he decided to attack our faction and that we demand him return the won goods, or we go to war? you see all roleplay , without enybackstory mentioned.

now you adding this backstory, adding more depth, harpag with his backstory, and now the already known story of you guys communicating about him wanting to be pope, you dissagreeing, him now attacking you and if he crushes you. you think you can say, well ye ye the pope didnt lose, he was on vacation, or yeye the pope got a way with his army, or whatever, no...

harpag defeated you , and thus defeated your backgroundstory to, and if he wants to then claim being the pope he has all the right, since he beat you with your roleplaying characters within strategus.
you saying well you didnt play fair or enything dousnt matter, ofc you are free to roleplay on in crpg, but within strat, harpag has won the battle , and won the storyline,

starting to comprehend more?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2012, 12:51:08 am »
Considering that alot of our forces have escaped, and we still have a castle, I'd hardly say the war was over yet.  Once all is said and done you can write off who is pope in your mind, that's up to you.

As I've said many times before, what happens in strategus doesn't effect how our clan operate. Harpag may have the right to claim it, but it doesn't mean we have to accept anything. Are you starting to comprehend?
Turtles

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2012, 12:57:45 am »
well i never said you had to accept enything outside of strat, i was just clarifying that @@@IF@@@ you get beaten by harpag, this strat version story will tell of harpag overthrowing the pope and claiming himself to be pope. what im also saying is its up to you to choose for your pope to live on and rebuild an army to retaliate, or to die and forever give up the position to harpag. within this strat. you see what im saying, im saying you can be the director to your roleplay outside of strat, but inside of strat the game is the director of the story. and you seem to be struggeling with this notion, i guess it has to do with pride. but ye good conversation, im going to bed now. il read tomorrow

**EDIT also the only thing i dont understand is why with this knowledge would you be so stubborn to not change your overall roleplay to an era of retreat and hiding adjusted to the events in strat, thus keeping your roleplay dynamic and interesting,,

oh ye i forgot, i already mentioned pride
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:01:24 am by rufio »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2012, 01:08:19 am »
Fuck it. Let this be the war who decides the Pope! If Grey/Nords win, Harpag is Pope. If Templars w/ allies can hold the castle, they have the Pope. I'll support whoever makes me a cardinal. Cardinals should be from all factions and templars should defend whoever they (or the army of the strongest cardinal) decides is Pope!

GO PAPA POPE!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2012, 01:36:59 am »
Fuck it. Let this be the war who decides the Pope! If Grey/Nords win, Harpag is Pope. If Templars w/ allies can hold the castle, they have the Pope. I'll support whoever makes me a cardinal. Cardinals should be from all factions and templars should defend whoever they (or the army of the strongest cardinal) decides is Pope!

GO PAPA POPE!

harpag never wanted to be pope, he wanted new one,he even wanted new pope in templar clan....
soo what is the point now???

edit: we even got proposition to join Greys and UIF in war against NA, but we really don't want to be another one tool in UIF hands where only Greya  Union and DRZ are serious oponents.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:40:54 am by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:36 am »
+1
I'm very impressed that you have dedicated so much time on this discussion. Thank you! I just wanted to say that my goal was "coloring" the way of the game. I thought that the change in terminology will be attractive. Colloquially we define the unit as a "ticket", etc. therefore I wanted a little change. Instead of saying that I'm leaving for a weekend, I prefer to say that the sandstorm halted our brave soldiers, etc... Instead of changing the colors of pixels, I prefer to talk about military campaigns. When we are at war already, it's nice to come up with reason. The reason may be Helen of Troy or the papacy. Does not matter. Too serious treatment of such cases is simply ridiculous. As you wish. If you prefer to hear that we are interested in XP and changing the color of pixels, please feel free. I am glad that you know how to have fun. Sometimes it's hard to believe that we play the same game. I really beg you to relax and run a little imagination. Let the reason for the simulated conflict will be jointly invented stories, not senseless antagonism between players. Background of the game is not without significance for the health of the community. Go back to the RP. That is more enjoyable. Regards

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2012, 02:17:53 am »
+1
indeed i was just trying to put into perspecitve how intwined the roleplay was with the actual playing of strategus while he was claiming it wher 2 seperate things totaly. i hope this will eventually grow into roleplay witch is affected by strategus, and  dousnt grow to a halt on setbacks or dire times, these imo can just enrichen the story somuchmore.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2012, 02:21:58 am »
I think a deeper level of roleplay will only occur when there are a lot of people willing to participate. As I see it now that's not really the case.

anyway, switching between assignment work, total war and this is confusing me :p
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2012, 02:27:51 am »
+1
harpag never wanted to be pope, he wanted new one,he even wanted new pope in templar clan....
soo what is the point now???

edit: we even got proposition to join Greys and UIF in war against NA, but we really don't want to be another one tool in UIF hands where only Greya  Union and DRZ are serious oponents.
Hey. Guess the Pope position is up for grabs then!

IDLEWIND FOR POPE!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:12 am »
Deeper level of RP and total war are not in contradiction. Tell me, what exactly is your problem?