Author Topic: History and Politics  (Read 11358 times)

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
Re: History and Politics
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 03:59:13 am »
aye as said above - the basic problem is in each individual, the system is only what follows. imagine everybody non greedy, noncorrupt, community like, reasonable, responsible, not lazy - such people would not need any system to create successful society. they could as well live very well in anarchy, communism or  capitalism...

but i'm permanent optimist, i think humankind develops really quickly and in less than 2000 years we might be like half way to this goal (if we don't destroy ourselves before as technical evolution by far outspeeds the cultural one).

A fallen is a optimist?
Quit ya jib a jab you aint fallen!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:49 pm »
Two Ideas for a better society.

1. Give everyone a good and full schooling, with free access to universities to everyone that has the skillz. Basic living conditions possible to everyone. food/housing/power/water should be cheap and decent.

2. Keep a semi-capitalist system - BUT TAX THE INHERITANCE VERY HARD or FORCE SALE BUSINESSES for cash to the state.

That way you keep non-competent family members from wasting resources on gargantuan scale. And leave the money business for people that have earned their position there from their competence.

In this world way too much resources are held up, wasted on gigantic yachts, failed businesses and god knows how by inheritors. If no one could inherhit your business when you die, it would be easier for everyone else to "get on the inside", and only the best would rise to the top as almost everyone would start with two empty hands.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 04:06:35 am »
Haha yeah, screw those people who worked hard to earn their money.  Actually, come to think of it I don't deserve all this money I've saved over the years, please take it from me and do something with it, as I'll surely waste it on things like yachts.  It would be much better served buying someone else a yacht.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »
Haha yeah, screw those people who worked hard to earn their money.  Actually, come to think of it I don't deserve all this money I've saved over the years, please take it from me and do something with it, as I'll surely waste it on things like yachts.  It would be much better served buying someone else a yacht.

People are starving, bitchass!

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 02:57:54 am »
Who's starving?  I'm not starving.  None of my friends and family are starving.  I don't know ANYBODY who is starving.  Why are they starving?  Why am I responsible for their starving?  Why am I being punished because someone somewhere is starving.

Actually I'll tell you what.  I'll PM you my address.  Send me all your money, I'm hungry and by your logic, I deserve your money more than you.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 12:21:54 am »
i wont take your money, the ones you earned yourself.

But what your father made, and u didnt contribute to, i would take a big part of, especially when if it would be over a limit, lets say 5 million dollars.

So you would most probably not ever be affected by such a tax, not that i know.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 02:48:29 pm »
So essentially what you're saying is after I die my life work becomes that of the state.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2011, 03:31:21 pm »
If you should make craploads of money, that is. Chances are your kids won't be as good with money as you were, and will misplace them.

One thing is the waste of resources when normal people buy a car and don't look after it, let it rust etc..  Now imagine if a billion dollar fortune what misplaced, lots of resources spent on unnecesary luxuries like yachts and the high life. Even worse if the money was invested in a venture doomed to fail.

These resources could have been spent better, if competent people had access to them. Also, the money spent on the yacht could have been spent on better education for someone that would eventually be that competent person.

I'm not neccesarily saying the State should run things, as it is historically speaking not a very competent owner. Perhaps it should simply be sold, and the money from the sale re-invested in the company, letting the new owners decide how it should be run..

Problem is incompentent people throwing away a lot of resources in this world. If these resources could be liberated, each and every one of us would have a better chance to "get rich" although it wouldn't stay in the family.

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »
Chances are your kids won't be as good with money as you were, and will misplace them.
This is absolute nonsense.  First off you have no way of proving this, so we will simply resort to common sense.  Why would my kids not be as good with my money as joe homeless randomguy WHO LITERALLY CANNOT PROVIDE FOR HIMSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Obviously the money wouldn't go straight to these homeless hungry jobless people who you seem to think are great businessmen, it would go to the state first, who would decide who gets the money, right?  So now you're saying that some random state employee will be deciding where my millions of dollars are going.  First off you have to be blind to not see the opportunity for corruption there.  Actually, that's exactly what happens right now in real life in the form of cronyism and unfairness in government selection of contracts.  So why would my millions of dollars suddenly be better used under your system than by my children. 

When the system is perfect, I'll allow people to touch my money.  Until then, they can stay the hell away from what I have earned.  The system will never be perfect as it is a human institution and humans are susceptible to greed, corruption, etc. as you yourself have stated.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 08:17:30 pm »
Here is a picture of the heirs to the biggest fortune in Norway, about 10billion dollars, made by a man who started from nothing.

I respect the man, but his daughters?? I'm 100% sure there are more competent people out there. Best thing would be if the state took 80% of his holdings, then sold it  to the highest bidders, letting the cash from the sale back into the company.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:21:11 pm by Thomek »

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »
I realize that those two are probably idiots who will probably buy 10 billion dollars worth of botox and still overdose on cocaine, but I still don't like the idea of that mans money being taken by the state.

His 10 billion didn't come out of a vacuum, he most assuredly has several companies which employ thousands of people who all rely on his money money and businesses to stay paid.  Your plan is to dismantle all of that and partition it out to "the highest bidders"?

What happens when some rich greedy American or whoever who got all of his daddy's money comes and buys up all of this guys business. 

In my mind, people should be free to do with their earnings as they please, so long as it doesn't interfere with other peoples freedoms. 

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 01:10:34 am »
I realize that those two are probably idiots who will probably buy 10 billion dollars worth of botox and still overdose on cocaine, but I still don't like the idea of that mans money being taken by the state.

His 10 billion didn't come out of a vacuum, he most assuredly has several companies which employ thousands of people who all rely on his money money and businesses to stay paid.  Your plan is to dismantle all of that and partition it out to "the highest bidders"?

What happens when some rich greedy American or whoever who got all of his daddy's money comes and buys up all of this guys business. 

In my mind, people should be free to do with their earnings as they please, so long as it doesn't interfere with other peoples freedoms.

Amen
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »

Fuck the PO-LICE!

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 09:23:37 pm »
You actually do not understand the freedom to have a lot of money is nothing but left other people poor. Because the system itself needs workers and bosses. The point of communism is not about that freedom or such. It's about workers work have a little, bosses just finance do not work and have a lot.

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »
Really?  So the money I've saved up and wisely invested is making someone poor.  The money that I earned through hard work at what amounts to highly skilled labor, that is making someone else poor?  If only I hadn't decided to make sound decisions with my money, and with my life in general, maybe there would be less poor people in the world?  I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying.