Author Topic: Complaining about the game  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
Re: Complaining about the game
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 02:05:53 pm »
+4
Complaining about a class, weapon or tactic is a standard occurrence in every game I have ever played.

I expect no less from cRPG. o7

That 2H killed you, OP.
That 1H w/shield killed you, OP.
That Spear/Pikeman killed you, OP.
That Archer killed you, OP.
That Thrower killed you, OP:
That Lancer killed you, OP.
That 1H cav killed you, OP.
That HA killed you, OP.
That Peasant killed you, OP.

You died(regardless of numbers, tactics employed or terrain), game is imbalanced, nerf!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 02:49:33 pm »
The funny thing is that Archers really get powerful if they loom. its like 6 heirlooms boosting damage.
To see the real power an archer can have you would need to play with looms.

Right of course, yet there is still nothing a +6 archer can do against a shielder but run. Shield blocks 100% of arrows from toes to head coming from a 150° angle and 90% of melee attacks will glance. And IF you get to hit someone, itll do probably do 1-2 dmg.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 03:04:51 pm »
Right of course, yet there is still nothing a +6 archer can do against a shielder but run.

You've never seen a good archer? Good archers tend to wait for the shielder, spin around and shoot him in the side before the shield bumps him, just saying.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »
You've never seen a good archer? Good archers tend to wait for the shielder, spin around and shoot him in the side before the shield bumps him, just saying.

That's not good archers, that's lame archers who take advantage of game mechanics, and can't kill at range, so they need to shotgun.
I'll never respect thoses kind of archers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »
mmmmmmmm the salty tears of a hundred nerds  :mrgreen:

buff damage!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:45:25 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »

Only works with high ath and "not so good" shielders.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 04:37:18 pm »
I dont think any archer thinks that shields that give anti-ranged-godmode is balanced in any way. But as 90% of mad kids seem to play 2h or other melee classes a constructive discussion will never take place on that matter. Threads will be flooded by retards who only can recognize the moments they fought these "10 PD, 10 Ath, over 9000 WPF" archers that can oneshot and kite 10 shielders at once. There is simply no point in starting a conversation about this. I mean even in Meows opinion it would be appropriate that melees would play at least one gen as an archer so they will at least get the basics there, which they are obviously lacking.

All we can do is wait and hope that devs will test what they patched into the game themselfes, which I cannot imagine when a patch lead to archers needing 10+ arrows to kill a guy in the past.

This is, at least my reason to not open rage threads. I dunno though why other range players dont rage as much in general.

€
That would explain things ...

So your point is that there is some kind of law of nature that says the humans behind melee chars are simply more childish/less able to construct an objective argument than those that play range ? I don't think we need to go further then.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »
That's not good archers, that's lame archers who take advantage of game mechanics, and can't kill at range, so they need to shotgun.
I'll never respect thoses kind of archers.

Good archers know how to kill at range and kill close. Jambi was the prima example, but I don't know if he plays anymore.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »
So your point is that there is some kind of law of nature that says the humans behind melee chars are simply more childish/less able to construct an objective argument than those that play range ? I don't think we need to go further then.

Hehe, of course I dont think there is some law forcing these people to do so. That would be silly.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 06:00:03 pm »
+1
I think that ultimately everyone just needs to shut up and learn to play the game how it is. Right now the classes are balanced enough with most of the complaints being the results of people not knowing how to fight a certain class or what the limitations of their class are. Remember guys CRPG is a TEAM GAME in battle you are not supposed to be able to kill everyone on your own.
examples
-2h charging archer without using a shield "WTF why can he shoot me so easily! NERF ARCHERY"
-1h shielder(most of them as few are really really good) complaining about crushthrough or 2h in general "WTF how come he can go through my shields block/ WTF how come he can hit my shield then swing again and hit me before I hit him"
-all classes except polearm/2h who have long swords and know how to take out cav complaining about lance cav"LANCE CAV OP NERF NERF"(yes i think lance cav is one of the easiest classes but really? most of the people I see complain are attempting to kill a lance with a small 1h or a katana)

Remember there are many many more examples but those are just a few i could come up with atm

also its important to remember that all classes are not equal in duel. Duel is not the same concept as battle as it is based off of the melee ability of the class rather then the TOTAL ability of the class. Some classes will be inferior in duel and people should not complain to nerf classes just because they keep getting killed by another class in duel.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 06:09:40 pm »
Hehe, of course I dont think there is some law forcing these people to do so. That would be silly.

But you base your argumentation on it :

But as 90% of mad kids seem to play 2h or other melee classes a constructive discussion will never take place on that matter.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:07 pm »
+5
captain obvious thread:

all these cunts using arguments as oh well u know they young players: oh well u know they only play theyr own class: oh well you know it will always be like this: oh well you know people should whine less: fuck all of these statements> im 24 y/o , i have ~2000 hours in this game, ive played all the classes: and ballance discussion is important , aslong as its seen from a game improving few : taking teamplay and all classes into account. and i say fuck you archery is infact overpowered atm, even if its just slightly and due to some problems in the armor values/neglection.  and all these archers saying its not so are fucin legolasses loners who dont play in a clan with tactics and cover, and they wanna william tell theyr way arround. fu

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2798
  • Infamy: 2547
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:28 pm »
That 2H killed you, OP.

Of course not. If 2H players kills me that usually means he's better player than me.

Other classes have special abilities:

Paularms:
- paulstagger
- insta-stab

Lancer:
- press-X-to-win
- bump-stab
- bumping

1Hcav:
- bump-slash
- phantom-reach
- bumping

1H:
- autoblock
- spamitar, niuwedao
- spammy agi builds using buckler

Archery:
- run-like-a-wind
- shotgunning

Xbow:
- camping

HA:
- annoying

Twohanded weapons (apart from smelly CT ones) are pure way of fighting, there are no shortcuts. Every other class has that certain build which will allows a complete idiot to be efficient in this mod. That's what bothers me. I don't mind people like you, Jackie, Bagge and others who I know are very skilled at everything. Problem are complete noobs who get kills because they figured out some stupid build or abuse certain "tricks". That's very MMORPG (WoW) like and it has nothing to do with this game which is very skill rewarding.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 07:30:16 pm »
Paularms:
- paulstagger
- insta-stab

:lol:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
+1
Of course not. If 2H players kills me that usually means he's better player than me.

Other classes have special abilities:

Paularms:
- paulstagger
- insta-stab

Lancer:
- press-X-to-win
- bump-stab
- bumping

1Hcav:
- bump-slash
- phantom-reach
- bumping

1H:
- autoblock
- spamitar, niuwedao
- spammy agi builds using buckler

Archery:
- run-like-a-wind
- shotgunning

Xbow:
- camping

HA:
- annoying

Twohanded weapons (apart from smelly CT ones) are pure way of fighting, there are no shortcuts. Every other class has that certain build which will allows a complete idiot to be efficient in this mod. That's what bothers me. I don't mind people like you, Jackie, Bagge and others who I know are very skilled at everything. Problem are complete noobs who get kills because they figured out some stupid build or abuse certain "tricks". That's very MMORPG (WoW) like and it has nothing to do with this game which is very skill rewarding.

2h:
- lolstab
- hiltslash

how convenientley you catch a case of mild amnesia when its in ur interest.

I am a 2her also as u know, tho one of the rare ones that doesnt rely on abusing stab as their prime source of kill income. I switch regularly from 2h to polearm and polearms still aint got shit on 2h  :wink:

And funny how you takl about polestagger when you get almost the same effect stacking agi and spamming left/right with 2h (sound familiar?)
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works