Poll

Should Strat goods production be cRPG activity based?

Yes
84 (77.1%)
No
25 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: A simple change to Strat that will make a big difference  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
A simple change to Strat that will make a big difference
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »
+7
Currently, inactive and active players both make upto 168 goods per week.  Instead we would like to propose that goods get crafted according to cRPG ticks - with a maximum number of goods crafted per week.

To help gauge peoples view on this we have added a poll with the following question:

YES or NO - should Strat goods production be cRPG activity based?

Offline AreTreble

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Aretes
Re: A simple change to Strat that will make a big difference
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58:44 pm »
How would this enhance the current system? Also, wouldn't this require re-designing the item crafting skills? If I can make 30 MW armors in 1 crpg tick... well... that may be a little much.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
+1
Yes, yes, yes.

AreTreble, I wouldn't get mired down in the details. This is a question of principle, I think. Do you want to be rewarded more for activity (than the current system)?
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:39 pm »
I cant see how lots and lots of inactive ppl that dont do anything but logging on once every 5 weeks should have a massive impace on start.

Haveing a system that involves activity but does NOT overpower superactive ppl compared to casual players would be a good change!

+1

€ AreTreble :

As i understood it its about crafting goods which would be tradegoods
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:11:33 pm by Mike_of_Kingswell »
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AreTreble

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Aretes
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:57 pm »
€ AreTreble :

As i understood it its about crafting goods which would be tradegoods

I'm +1 for giving more power to the active players. But I think if this were to be implemented it should be inclusive of both trade goods and crafting equipment; especially if the idea is to prevent factions from having inactive player sweat shops

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:39:31 am »
I'm +1 for giving more power to the active players. But I think if this were to be implemented it should be inclusive of both trade goods and crafting equipment; especially if the idea is to prevent factions from having inactive player sweat shops

It doesn't need to include equipment crafting as that is already activity based due to chadz text.  That is another discussion though.  This is purely about goods crafting at the moment

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 01:41:49 am »
+2
I think this is a reasonable idea.

I suggest the following implementation:

* Each tick creates a "work" value in Strategus.  10 ticks = 10 "work".  This could be further modified by the multiplier so 10 ticks of x5 = 50 work

* When you create trade goods, you burn "work".  Maybe 10 work = 1 good or whatever makes sense (it's a tick per minute, isn't it?  So if you play for 4 hours, that's 24 hours worth of goods you can produce -- or potentially 5 days worth if you had x5 for all 4 hours.  Basically anyone playing for a couple hours a night with reasonable multipliers can probably produce goods non-stop or close to it.)

* When you are out of work, you can't make any more goods.

This COULD be applied to all crafting but I don't think that's necessary.  Armies of alts crafting swords is not a problem in any way I can think of.  Armies of alts creating goods can definitely be a problem.

This way only active players can make tradegoods.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 04:05:51 am »
Strat =/= Crpg

It is a terrible idea. If Strat is just about who can grind out the most epic gear playing crpg then this is even worse than the current system. Not everyone has time to grind for strat nor wants to. I would agree with a more active system within strategus but it should have as little to do with crpg as possible.

Does not matter if you have a horde of inactives, if all your guys are inactive then you do not have people to use this gear, or to send out caravans, to do diplomacy with other clans, to plot and scheme. So you will fail anyway. Just because the current version of strat for the majority only requires you to log in once a week and transfer your trade goods does not mean they are inactive, it is just that for the average clan member in this iteration of strat that is all there is to do for the clan wide trade good production machine to function. Not everyone can be a general, nor a trader, most people like real life have to do the boring grind.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:52 am »
Nice idea, also, i think crafting heirloomed items should be scrapped, make them buyable but more expensive...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:24 am »
+1
Nice idea, also, i think crafting heirloomed items should be scrapped, make them buyable but more expensive...
Personally I would like an upgradeable, and not buyable heriloomed version. You can craft/buy a normal item, and if you've gotten the chadztext with any loomed version of it, you should be able to upgrade it for a gold/time/resource fee (or any combination) and get it loomed.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:17:19 am »
+4
Strat =/= Crpg

It is a terrible idea. If Strat is just about who can grind out the most epic gear playing crpg then this is even worse than the current system. Not everyone has time to grind for strat nor wants to. I would agree with a more active system within strategus but it should have as little to do with crpg as possible.

Does not matter if you have a horde of inactives, if all your guys are inactive then you do not have people to use this gear, or to send out caravans, to do diplomacy with other clans, to plot and scheme. So you will fail anyway. Just because the current version of strat for the majority only requires you to log in once a week and transfer your trade goods does not mean they are inactive, it is just that for the average clan member in this iteration of strat that is all there is to do for the clan wide trade good production machine to function. Not everyone can be a general, nor a trader, most people like real life have to do the boring grind.

Your argument makes no sense.  You consider playing cRPG to be a "grind"?  I am wondering, why are you here?

There is a very real problem with having 10 active players and 100 fake alts that do nothing but produce goods for you.  Strategus should be an extension of cRPG (at least until this game becomes an MMOG and people can play Strategus exclusively...)

And cRPG already == Strategus.

cRPG ticks = Strat gold
Strat ticks = cRPG XP
cRPG = Strat crafting skills

What we are suggesting is:
cRPG ticks = Strat goods

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:21:01 am by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:08 am »
Nice idea but really it would make casuals rage compared to those who play. People who play lots make strat gold so that is good enough edge I guess....
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:24 am »
Nice idea but really it would make casuals rage compared to those who play. People who play lots make strat gold so that is good enough edge I guess....

There's another thought, actually.

We could just make the gold generated by playing be a much larger amount than it currently is.

Right now, gold generated from playing is nothing compared to what you can generate with trade goods.

1 day of trade goods = ~840 gold (via the trade deals I arrange)
1 day of playing for 3 hours = ~180 gold

We could increase gold generated in gameplay by 5x and while armies of drones would still dominate the Strategus economy, active players could make a sizable contribution as well, just from playing cRPG.
Norse Horde

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 11:56:47 am »
This dicks me pretty hard. I'm very active in strat but now the AUS comunity is dead I don't think I'm going to be able keep rolling on NA, luck based fraging gets very boring... So if this was brought in all the effort I have put into crafting would = 0. Multiple gens of crusing around begging for a crafting tick sent straight to hell. Not to mention impossible it would make basic trading.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »
+1
Strat Battles also get ticks so could count towards your goods generation too.

If you can't play cRPG and don't play Strat Battles then you really are inactive and shouldn't be benefitting a clan in Strat