Author Topic: Xbow, xbow, fashion xbow  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: Xbow, xbow, fashion xbow
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 05:57:39 pm »
Why?

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 08:50:34 pm »
Well thats just fucking stupid.

I agree. if armour slows mele and makes throwing less accurate why the hell shouldn't it slow xbow reload and accuracy.

This I agree with.  But the problem therein is that the game makes no distinction between close faced helmets and open faced helmets.

about the open vs non open helms, does it really matter? if it was done that way all the helms stats would need rebalancing based on that feature. stop being pedantic.

balance > realism
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:52:09 pm by Banok »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »
You haver to be as flexible while reloading a crossbow as you do with any other weapon, more so in some respects. Bending and reaching down to your toes is no easy feat while wearing heavy armour i'd imagine.
Turtles

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 09:52:33 pm »
You haver to be as flexible while reloading a crossbow as you do with any other weapon, more so in some respects. Bending and reaching down to your toes is no easy feat while wearing heavy armour i'd imagine.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Really?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKLgSTkCEo&feature=related

Reloading and using a crossbow is retard simple.  It really is.  Go take a drive to someones house that has one.  Try it.  Retard simple, which is why they were useful in the first place.  Just like guns.

I agree. if armour slows mele and makes throwing less accurate why the hell shouldn't it slow xbow reload and accuracy.

Because it makes no logical sense at all.  Again:  Can you make a fist?  You'd need to in order to hold a sword/axe/whatever.  If you can make a fist you can reload a x-bow.  Next, can you hold your arm out?  You'd need to in order to thrust/swing.  Great, you can handle the x-bow.  Can you make a fist?  Cool, you can pull the lever on the x-bow in order to release the bolt.  If the plastic didn't break from the weight you could reload and fire an x-bow using those little plastic grabby claws they sell at carnivals for kids.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:54:02 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 10:55:19 pm »
This is a game so balance comes before realism sorry gorath.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »
I though this thread was about nerfing xbow as side arm while not screwing over dedicated xbowmen. This suggestion would screw over dedicated xbowmen. So come up with another one.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 11:26:29 pm »
i love how "hey that guy one shot me, he has 0 WPF and hes super accurate!!"

reality:
at least in my case 53 WPF, sure its not alot but its not zero, i know people with 0 pole arm that kill people.
I fired a dozen times to hit you...well at least three.
triple heirloomed crossbow...i dont one shot people as often as i want to, so if people are lucky and getting one hit kills with normal sniper xbows they are lucky bastards or shooting peasants.
which brings me to my main point, we need a game mode where it puts anyone level -15 gen 1 on one team and then any one 16+ on the other, they get sniper xbows and have to hunt the peasants, it would be for the royalty, lords and ladies would love it  :mrgreen:
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 11:58:44 pm »
I though this thread was about nerfing xbow as side arm while not screwing over dedicated xbowmen. This suggestion would screw over dedicated xbowmen. So come up with another one.
lets screw over them both

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2011, 12:45:10 am »
This is a game so balance comes before realism sorry gorath.

And balance wise there's no reason to nerf x-bows, sorry Vexus.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2011, 12:56:34 am »
And balance wise there's no reason to nerf x-bows, sorry Vexus.

If it's true that it doesn't get penalty in wpf from weight then yes it should work for everything else xbow becomes the perfect ranged for hybrids (Which it is) and that's like um 80% of the players on map.

It's not good that almost anyone is using a ranged weapon and it's less good that you can 1 shot with a sniper so easily but this I could slip it off since in crpg they have such a slow reload unlike native.

Imo mostly weapons but also some armor should get their requirements upped.

To use a longbow/warbow you need 18 strength while using a sniper you need 15 strength?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:57:48 am by Vexus »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 01:33:55 am »
If it's true that it doesn't get penalty in wpf from weight then yes it should work for everything else xbow becomes the perfect ranged for hybrids (Which it is) and that's like um 80% of the players on map.

It's not good that almost anyone is using a ranged weapon and it's less good that you can 1 shot with a sniper so easily but this I could slip it off since in crpg they have such a slow reload unlike native.

Imo mostly weapons but also some armor should get their requirements upped.

To use a longbow/warbow you need 18 strength while using a sniper you need 15 strength?

1)  You can't 1 shot with a sniper unless the person is naked, running towards you and has low strength.  We've tested and talked about this many times in the forums here.  Do a search.
2)  If it was really the perfect hybrid option 90% of the players wouldn't be throw-hards.  X-bows are slow sniper weapons, forever to reload and actually require wpf to have long range accuracy.  Unlike throwing which simply requires PT with no wpf.
3)  Everyone is using a ranged weapon because gamers min-max and want the most kills for the least amount of work.  Cav suck, so we range them.  Ranged sucks, so we range them back.  2h badasses are annoying so we shoot them in the face.  Etc.

I'd rather have everyone using x-bows for their sidearm rather than the throwspam and arrowspam we have currently.  At least with x-bowmen once they miss you have a good 10 seconds of free advance time to get to them before the next shot.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 02:28:38 am »
Triple hierloomed sniper crossbow wont one shot (100% hp to 0% hp) anyone most of the times (tested, playing with one, till level 30). I don't unerstand where do you get the idea that sniper xbow is one shot one kill.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:29 am »
It's a myth originating from ye olde 100p times (triple digit number OH NOEZ) where people whined because it killed their 0 IF agi chars in medium armour with one hit at point blank.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2011, 08:20:49 am »
It's a myth originating from ye olde 100p times (triple digit number OH NOEZ) where people whined because it killed their 0 IF agi chars in medium armour with one hit at point blank.
Quoted for turth!

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2011, 03:13:33 pm »
I get 1 shot several times from sniper xbow with an armor around 45 and no not headshot so it happens.

This is with a character with 21 strength, body armor 45 but no IF still a xbow shouldn't be able to 1 shot apart of headshot easily but probably nothing will be done anyway.