• Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: [RL] Red Lotus
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »
the clan is dead, everyone gave up because one person isn't here. PATHETIC, but if that's what it is then i'm out.

lulz

you silly, I don't want to get into this but even when Kimiko was here we weren't doing ANYTHING special. The only difference with kimiko being gone is this hilarious drama of "omg the clan is dead"

Check yo'self befo you wreck yo self

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:46:57 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Chivers_United

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling
  • Game nicks: Brontosaurus_FIDLGB
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:41 pm »
so that's what i thought. it's been a pleasure playing with you gents but i'm out. good luck.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »
lol bye!  see you 'round
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:38:42 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »
Awhh :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2012, 04:05:19 am »
My theory is the reason this clan hinged on kimi was because
1. This was his clan that he wanted to start and lead
2. He's the only one that was "in a position of authority" in the clan who actually had the motivation to do any of the leading. Like I previously said, the rest of us didn't want to/didn't care to. No motivation to keep a clan alive = dying/dead clan.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2012, 04:56:01 am »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2012, 04:58:04 am »
My theory is the reason this clan hinged on kimi was because
1. This was his clan that he wanted to start and lead
2. He's the only one that was "in a position of authority" in the clan who actually had the motivation to do any of the leading. Like I previously said, the rest of us didn't want to/didn't care to. No motivation to keep a clan alive = dying/dead clan.

Would help you guys but, not part of the clan anymore.

Good luck getting the clan back together unless your not planning on that
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:59:52 am by Muki »

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2012, 08:09:26 am »
I find this fairly interesting. I find the concept of "leader" in small clans humorous. Even though, that's what I am myself. In a small clan everyone knows eachother and the dynamic is more like a group of friends, rather than a hierarchy. You do not need a leader to tell you what to do, just have fun within the rules of the clan. Want to play together? Do it. You don't need a leader for it. If it takes some organizing, then organize.

Everyone sitting waiting to be told what to do and then leaving if you're not told what to do is silly. But then again, ninjas has a core group of loyal members who enjoy playing with ninjas but also don't mind being alone from time to time. If you require constant presense from your clanmates, then choosing a bigger clan is smarter.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:31 am »
First off, Tanken, I already has :D. I'm itching to play with my War spear again, if anything, though.

Secondly, I've come to a conclusion as to why I personally don't really play/enjoy this game anymore. (This will help me in responding to Khorin.) The thing that I've come to realize about why I don't enjoy CRPG anymore is because of one or two simple things. Goals and Progression. After spending 1500+ hours on this mod alone, I feel I can safely say I've "done my time." I've done almost every "serious" build, I've got a fair number of heirlooms, I'm Gen 19 (would probably be at LEAST high 20's had I not respecced so much, literally throwing xp out of the window), and while it Is fun from time to time to hop on and play with all the people I've come to enjoy playing with over the past year and a half or so, there's just not much left for Crpg to offer. Yeah, it's got an extremely unique melee combat system, but again, I've played with it so much. Pertaining to progression, I can buy or trade for anything I want, so there's no sense of accomplishment, no goals to work towards that I'd care about (I don't care about trying to get a full loomed set of armor or a loom of every weapon, etc..). basically, it's just stale, for me, at this point.

After reading that back to myself, I don't know if that answers Khorin from my personal perspective, but what I'm getting at is that Kimiko, having the enthusiasm of running this clan and actively trying to get us to all meet up on the duel server, join battles and (attempt) to roll the server, etc..., in that aspect, he is very much the "leader" that we need. As it stands, the rest of us are just likely to hop on, play a few rounds, maybe go into TS to see if anyone's on, maybe join them for a little bit, but that's about it.

TL;DR - I like to ramble a lot about nothing of importance. Who knows if any of this is relevant.

Offline Chivers_United

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling
  • Game nicks: Brontosaurus_FIDLGB
Good Luck Guys.
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:47 pm »
hopefully you'll work through this phase and good luck to you all. i've made some good friends along the way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:03:09 pm by Chivers_United »

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »
I should have my computer again tomorrow. As for internet, I predict a week at most. Sorry for my long absence.

This was my first large clan, and I have learned a lot from it. I want to thank all of you who put in effort towards the Red Lotus, whether you be within the clan or not. None of you are obligated to continue being loyal to this clan. You have all done your part, and I expect nothing more. No one is responsible for the undoing of this clan aside from myself. I regret that I simply did not have enough time to better organize and fortify the Red Lotus. We were far from prepared for such an inconvenience as the absence of the shogun.

I look back, not at our demise, but at our accomplishment. We started stronger than any force before us, and we did not stop, we did not waver. We marched to an unfamiliar battlefield and claimed it as our own. Our name, our banner, our courage, and our honor all struck fear into the hearts of our enemies. We came to these lands not for wealth, but for glory, and glory we found in our deaths. Let this not be forgotten.

Sneak Peak On A Sequel:
(click to show/hide)

:wink:

Or maybe it is time for me to go back to an older theme:
(click to show/hide)

Time will tell. Can't wait to catch up with you guys on steam though. :mrgreen:

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2012, 09:09:30 pm »
Interesting to see how helpful Muki is presenting himself to be, then checking strategus logs to see that he attacked Zylorage under the KUTT banner. Didn't know we had any beef with KUTT.

Not that I care about strategus lol, just found that kinda funny.  :rolleyes:

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:13 pm »
Things you should have learned

#1 dont zerg recruit, raise your standards. not everyone who applies SHOULD be let in
#2 delegate duties to officers that have proven trustworthy
#3 Never surrender

Your post sounds like are calling it quits, when I've seen groups of weebos fighting together recently, which was a nice change from random solo ninjas.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »
Interesting to see how helpful Muki is presenting himself to be, then checking strategus logs to see that he attacked Zylorage under the KUTT banner. Didn't know we had any beef with KUTT.

Not that I care about strategus lol, just found that kinda funny.  :rolleyes:

:p didn't help that you guys sign up against us in every battle we had while you were away

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2012, 11:03:39 pm »
Keep the clan, build and stay together! Be a close band of brothers!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.