Author Topic: Share your thoughts on monotony and cRPG  (Read 3915 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Share your thoughts on monotony and cRPG
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:50 pm »
I also think the XP gain needs a change. I suggest nerfing the regular XP countera lot (maybe to 100 exp/min), and reintroduce XP for kills, but make them based on your own and your victim's player level. So if you killed someone twice your level, you get twice the normal kill XP. If you are above or equal in level, you get 1x kill exp.

Even better would be to make it damage-based, so that killsteals don't happen. Maybe something like XP = DMG * (level of opponent / your level).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
yeah clans should be for strategus ONLY gamewise ,  you can have teamwork with random people ,
I disagree with the randoms, they're worthless and the best "teamwork" you get out of them is maybe not getting tk'd as much.  Randoms = Rambo's.  You can have good rambo's, but they're rambo's nonetheless.  You yourself are a rambo Balb, the only thing is that you can rambo yourself to 30/2 kdrs which can carry your team of randoms to victory.  If clans are only for strat then there's not much point to have any tie to a clan other than the largest one in the game in order to zerg the most property.

i not have seen a single fucking  shield wall, since   this general xp patch.

I saw tons of shieldwalls... And then everyone started making 24+ str characters with heirloomed barmaces and I haven't seen a shieldwall since except for very rare moments which only last as long as it takes for the crush through guys to get there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:24:30 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 12:28:12 am »
I could of retired multiple times prepatch and never took advantage because I had no idea it would be like this now.  I also find watching the 10-20 gen players just retiring repeatedly even still seems odd.  If the new system implemented is to be so harsh about retirmement shouldn't we have been balanced to begin with?  I'm 3rd gen and it feels like that gap is growing and growing, and lets be honest - playing just to retire got boring the first time around.

I know chadz made his statement after patch and said this was how HE wanted the game, but I am thinking perhaps with this much player base complaining maybe things should be re-adjusted.  How?  I don't know?  But things need to change or we will lose players.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 03:39:14 am »
chadz said from the beginning that cRPG is just the little part of huge mod he is making. Strategus will be the ultimate game when its released. cRPG get boring because there is no strategus atm, thus not much of teamplay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 05:20:29 am »
I have never played strategus
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:13 am »
I disagree with the randoms, they're worthless and the best "teamwork" you get out of them is maybe not getting tk'd as much.  Randoms = Rambo's.  You can have good rambo's, but they're rambo's nonetheless.  You yourself are a rambo Balb, the only thing is that you can rambo yourself to 30/2 kdrs which can carry your team of randoms to victory.

RAMBO RACE MACEATHON, Balbasaur you're awesomesauce don't listen to Gorath he's being strongbad

the way I play is for fun, I change my build each retire, I don't think randoms are worthless as a quality random myself for life*brofist to all* teamwork is something all players can work at, whether that means at least trying to play near your team so they take advantage more of your successes(try to protect you from your failures) or if you're actually able to do something more......

PS gorath you should play man you could retire reasonably if you just stuck to one char, and I don't have heirloomed armor *and never will just against my need to change costumes*and you don't really need that to kill kill kill

I mean the simplest team tactic to share with anyone who reads is follow someone like who does well into combat, fight together and do your best to help out, some of the easiest things to do are preventing double teams more than involving yourself in say an allied balbaroth 1 v 1
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 06:44:50 am »
PS gorath you should play man you could retire reasonably if you just stuck to one char, and I don't have heirloomed armor *and never will just against my need to change costumes*and you don't really need that to kill kill kill

Can't stick to one character because unlike pre-patch I can't build a 4 weapon hybrid anymore :(  That's why I did it originally.  I can't just play the same style day in and day out without variation.  I'd quit the game.  In fact I have a hard time sticking to one play-style for more than 4-5 maps, much less weeks at a time waiting to retire JUST so I can change it up.

If I could build my toon like he used to be, with prof in 4 different weapon types, then I'd stick to one guy.  As is even getting ONE of them to retire is taking for fucking ever.  I don't care about heirlooming the armor man, it's the weapons I want.  And no, you don't need them, but as you said I never use the top tier weapons anyways so the only way to get half decent stats on the weapons I use now is going to be to heirloom them to keep up with all the gen10's with mw everything.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 07:24:27 am »
Can't stick to one character because unlike pre-patch I can't build a 4 weapon hybrid anymore :(  That's why I did it originally.  I can't just play the same style day in and day out without variation.  I'd quit the game.  In fact I have a hard time sticking to one play-style for more than 4-5 maps, much less weeks at a time waiting to retire JUST so I can change it up.

If I could build my toon like he used to be, with prof in 4 different weapon types, then I'd stick to one guy.  As is even getting ONE of them to retire is taking for fucking ever.  I don't care about heirlooming the armor man, it's the weapons I want.  And no, you don't need them, but as you said I never use the top tier weapons anyways so the only way to get half decent stats on the weapons I use now is going to be to heirloom them to keep up with all the gen10's with mw everything.

rumours at the local taverns indicate some people are 25+ gen already gorath , get on with the program :D im just 15 btw

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 07:27:39 am »
rumours at the local taverns indicate some people are 25+ gen already gorath , get on with the program :D im just 15 btw

:evil:

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 07:53:51 am »
The grind between 30 and 31 is killing it for me. would make game mor interesting if I could retire and try new character possibilities with hierlooms and respec.

but yeah I guess eventually Id get bored anyway but what do people fucking expect its not a pay to play mmorpg its just a mod of a indie stand alone game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:54:55 am by Banok »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 07:54:59 am »
The grind between 30 and 31 is killing it for me. would make game mor interesting if I could retire and try new character possibilities with hierlooms and respec.

+1

but i think this game offers a whole bunch of oportunities; you can play with so many classes and hybrids, that it's easy to get some change all the time.
i look forward to strategus though :D

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 08:10:53 am »

I think the magic number is .. 31. that's the amount of wpf my latest build has in 1-h, 2h, and polearms, with 117 in throwing. So you can easily do 4 different weapon types with one guy.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
Fix ranged spam (archers are fine, throwing is beyond broken and crossbows (once heirloomed) are as well) and this might you know... be ... fun? What does that even mean!?

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 08:31:34 pm »
I realize chadz is working on that big strategus project. I think that right now we need a smaller patch to keep going, that does (among other things i'll surely forget to mention) the following:

• rebalance throwing, cav, weapon requirements, and so on
  • check why the servers have lagspikes, it's not invidual people's connection because when i check with tab i see everyone getting spikes randomly
  • revise the upkeep/gold/xp system to make all playstyles possible and to reward personal skill more while keeping teamwork in the equation (i would suggest to keep global as it is but add bonus in a small area for kills, this would prevent also killwhoring since everyone nearby gets the bonus and not just the killer)
  • after this patch, work on a smaller strategus option so we can start playing strategus (or start again for older players. i never played strategus and i've been here for a while)

If chadz doesn't have the time to keep working on crpg, maybe the other devs can help him out ?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »
I realize chadz is working on that big strategus project. I think that right now we need a smaller patch to keep going, that does (among other things i'll surely forget to mention) the following:

• rebalance throwing, cav, weapon requirements, and so on
  • check why the servers have lagspikes, it's not invidual people's connection because when i check with tab i see everyone getting spikes randomly
  • revise the upkeep/gold/xp system to make all playstyles possible and to reward personal skill more while keeping teamwork in the equation (i would suggest to keep global as it is but add bonus in a small area for kills, this would prevent also killwhoring since everyone nearby gets the bonus and not just the killer)
  • after this patch, work on a smaller strategus option so we can start playing strategus (or start again for older players. i never played strategus and i've been here for a while)

If chadz doesn't have the time to keep working on crpg, maybe the other devs can help him out ?

exactly my thought, i know that i will keep playing this game for atleast some months, but it seems like tehre are people leaving our awesome mod because hey're tired of waiting.
We shouldnt let that happen :(