Author Topic: NERF INFANTRY  (Read 8013 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: NERF INFANTRY
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2012, 01:54:46 pm »
+1
You can say that for every class out there. Every class is easy to play. Get on horse and press X, you'll certainly kill some noobs like you who are infantry players. Pick melee weapon and spam like retard, you will kill people with similar skill who don't spam but first skilled opponent will annihilate you. Pick Xbow and shoot in crowd, you'll probably hurt/kill someone.

You can't master any class in c-rpg so we can say it's equally hardest to master all of them. To master melee combat you would have to chamber block perfectly every time, to have absolutely perfect timing and to hit the head every time. No one can do that, not even the best melee fighters we have in this mod. To be perfect xbowmen you'll have to hit heads all the time, no one can do that. Same goes for cav, there are some plenty epic cav but they make mistakes all the time.

Archery isn't any easier nor harder to master than any other class.

Master != play 100% perfect.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »
+1
dont forget that we have much cav on server a lot of shielders, and today pretty every 2h use throw weapons too. So it is not so safe to be ranged dude.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »
dont forget that we have much cav on server a lot of shielders, and today pretty every 2h use throw weapons too. So it is not so safe to be ranged dude.

Cool story man
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
Cool story man

said cav 1h shilder lol
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2012, 05:31:46 pm »
+1
No, the average build is too viable giving you good kiting abilities and extreme damage at the same time (+3 bows and arrows 2-3 shoots almost all infantry with 6 PD). Archery should be strong, but not give you all options with the same build. That will lead to a lot of people going archer (again) which is the real problem. Archers could've had good kiting abilities and great damage like now if it wouldn't lead to the amount rapidly increase. The small servers have already got the plague, should the big ones get it too?

I have MW bodkins and a MW hornbow when I did testing with 5 PD.  My results can be found at http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18247.msg260709.html#msg260709 but the long and short is I was killing infantry with 2-6 shots on average (2-3 for light, 4 for mid, 5-6 for heavy).  This was pre-damage nerf, I don't know anything about any numbers for right now nor have I played my main as an archer since, but I think it's safe to assume bringing my horn bow to 6 PD with the current nerfed version isn't going to alter my findings by all that much.  Maybe someone with a MW Longbow & MW arrows will be 2-3 shotting most people on average (I'm not a longbow user so I don't know), but given all the drawbacks to using that weapon, I think that seems completely fair. 

Even still, you were using the 18/24 lvl 31+ archer build in discussion before, and now are talking about people with masterworks... we're starting to go beyond the realm of the 'average archer' and focusing on the players who in the upper tier.  You can be perfectly viable and successful with 0 looms as a melee infantry, you shouldn't be forced to hit level 32 or have 3+ gens under your belt to be viable as an archer. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2012, 06:30:49 pm »
Master != play 100% perfect.

I remember playing ONE round as a master, everything perfect.

Then again, it is the only one out of countless rounds.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »
Sure.

STF = 10k

Meaning you start with Horn + Barbed (at best) not loomed, which means kill after kill is not gonna happen.

You almost got me there, holmes.

But it was an old alt character that already had a few levels and a few thousands of gold. I wanted to try a funny build and created a long bow archer without melee capabilities. I was able to keep up a positive ratio most of the time for about a few days. And I was slow as hell and could neither run nor had I a melee weapon equipped.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »
You can say that for every class out there. Every class is easy to play. Get on horse and press X, you'll certainly kill some noobs like you who are infantry players. Pick melee weapon and spam like retard, you will kill people with similar skill who don't spam but first skilled opponent will annihilate you. Pick Xbow and shoot in crowd, you'll probably hurt/kill someone.

You can't master any class in c-rpg so we can say it's equally hardest to master all of them. To master melee combat you would have to chamber block perfectly every time, to have absolutely perfect timing and to hit the head every time. No one can do that, not even the best melee fighters we have in this mod. To be perfect xbowmen you'll have to hit heads all the time, no one can do that. Same goes for cav, there are some plenty epic cav but they make mistakes all the time.

Quoted for later use. I shall bookmark this next to what Meow said of the different skills required for classes.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »

Quoted for later use. I shall bookmark this next to what Meow said of the different skills required for classes.

:lol:

Good job. Now you have something to attack Leshma if he starts "At the moment archery is only for noobs" (or something similiar) again.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2012, 07:01:52 pm »
You almost got me there, holmes.

But it was an old alt character that already had a few levels and a few thousands of gold. I wanted to try a funny build and created a long bow archer without melee capabilities. I was able to keep up a positive ratio most of the time for about a few days. And I was slow as hell and could neither run nor had I a melee weapon equipped.

Can I ask what the name of that char was?

Edit:

NvM found it, char has 4 Kills 4 Death and was STFed and last used on the same day...

Just wow...
Good testing indeed.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:46:25 pm by Meow »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

Skill set you need to be good is more dependant of mode your playing. Duel requires different skill set than battle although dueling skills can help you a lot in battle. In battle you need to be patient, to play smart and to avoid being gang banged. If you do that you'll do okay with any class if your team is decent.

Meow had STR heavy polearm build with lots of armor and IF. He's also from Germany which means he has good ping. With such build you need to block a little bit and rest of the time you can spam attack mindlessly and you'll do fine.

You can't play like that with agi build and light armor, and you won't be good archer if you are impatient.

When I was an archer I always ended being one of the last players in my team which means I had plenty of wounded targets to shoot at. That leads to good kdr and "pro" archer status...

Stay in the corner, shoot in melee crowds (be a douche), follow your team, shotgun silly melee fighters who go after you with no shield and you'll be mighty fine archer. Do that as any infantry class (make sure you have a lot of armor and damaging weapon as infantry) and results will be the same aka good. As cav you need to pick off unaware people and avoid archers and other cav.

Seems to me that the problem is that certain builds allow certain people to play with brain in shut down mode and still do good. Because of that people think that melee is easy. That has to change. Nerf STR and remove polestagger!

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 01:22:16 am »

Edit:

NvM found it, char has 4 Kills 4 Death and was STFed and last used on the same day...

Just wow...
Good testing indeed.

I think from here on I'll keep this saved as proof that all of Joker's archery comments are, as most of us already thought, useless unfounded comments by a pike man that uses low armor :D

Now offence intended, from now on I just wont read his longgggggg comments :)

Thank you meow! Long live the data base backups! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 01:31:13 am »
+1
Buff infantry, i think my infantry should fire laser ray thru my eyes and burn everyone on the field when i press two keys simultaneously. Game is so hard i have to press tons of key to kill one guy and they absorb so many hits. I also want my shield to disintegrate everyone that touch it, ffs fix that shit!.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 01:36:42 am »
I also want my shield to disintegrate everyone that touch it, ffs fix that shit!.

I don't know what game you're playing but my shield already disintegrates whenever anyone touches it.

Oh. You meant the other way around. My bad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:20 am »

Edit:

Just wow...
Good testing indeed.
It must be a glitch. Clearly he kept a positive ratio for about 2 days. Meaning he averaged 2 kills a day before dying 4 times in a row.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."