Author Topic: Generation, Xp/Gold System, Heirlooms, Heirloom Respec, Game Mechanic Suggestion  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Yup.

35-40K for sustainable builds, now take a look at the horse costs. With this, you could do a sustainable plated charger if you were naked and retired 50 times (iirc the charger is 70k or so, right? For the plated one?) Not that scared...

The amount of time it would take to retire 50 times would be nuts.

From 49-50 retirements in would take 50 times longer then starting a first generation character.

EDIT: 50 times longer PER LEVEL at generation 49. You could be level 10 for several days even before you got a level. However you have a bit more gold to use fancy gear at lower levels. Sounds fun no? Being level 10 for like a week lol.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:30:40 am by Konrax »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
lemme guess  konrax  you  are gen 1?

so you think a patch that should erase 3 months of my retirements,   is fair?  for  become gen 5 and get what

+20g/min  and -20% xp ?

like 10g min make any difference. 

find something better,   or  make more gen instead try  suggest erase    retirements of others.      i am fine with your suggestion of more gold. and slower the retirments becouse   should be slower retire more you make gens not faster for obvious reasons,   but you cant waste other ppl time only becouse you not play enought for match other ppl gen.   

and even at  gen  21 for example   ,   (2%x 20 ) +40% gold, not allow ppl to  run around in plate & charger.  becouse should be like

at
x1 70g
x 2 140g
x3 210g
x4 280g
x5 350g

only +100g  than normal at 5x    with 21 GEN

that means at an average of 2,5x       a player with 21 gen should upkeep  up to 50k equip instead      35k  of a gen 1.         not properly an uber advantage.     (15k is a 2nd weapon,     or a better armor     like transitional instead   chain mail+tabard ) 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:06:22 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Gireloth

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Unleash The Pwnies!
    • View Profile
    • Last.FM
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: TS_Drznik_Gireloth
This sounds like a great idea and would really add to this mod.

Honestly I don't agree with the amount the generations would be decreased, but I understand that in fairness there would be some kind of generational reduction and complete respec for heirlooms.

That would really be up to chadz anyways since he knows the numbers.

I am only gen1 so it doesn't matter to me but to be fair to long time players instead.
durkin the durkas

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I agree honestly balancing the generations would be up to chadz, I was only making a suggestion for a formula to use.

chadz was talking about doing a big reduction in heirlooms again soon anyways so I figured that with my suggestion for the way the game should work would reduce the number of heirlooms and the rate at which they are gained.

chadz wanted to make the heirlooms better and honestly the only way to do that would be to reduce the other generational advantages that you would get.

So part of the offset of rewarding higher generation players would be rewarding them with even better heirloom items, not just +1 gold per minute per generation.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump~

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
ill be honest. im gen 12, i get 2100xp per minute at x1... and the grind to 31 is still painfully slow. i feel bad for lower gens because its way worse for them than it is for me. the solution i like is...

base xp at 1x = 1500
retirement bonus = 1 heirloom and 5% xp boost.

this means that its not so bad for gen 1s to get going, and those who have retired a ton of times dont get such a huge advantage. i would also be happy to see either a reduction in total xp to hit level 31 (maybe 8mil instead of 8.7) and another thing i would love to see is the xp required to reach various levels spread out a bit more. it takes like 1mil to get to 26 or so, and then another 3.4 mil from 26-30, then 4.3 from 30-31. lets spread it out a bit more, maybe 2.5 to reach 26, then 4.5 would be 30, and 8 would be 31. make it a little less demoralizing when you are look at how far away the next level is.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I agree leveling up and retiring is fairly slow but I think logically it isn't something that should get faster and faster.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump~

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
levels spread out a bit more

First I had the same in mind. It would be better if all levels were distributed more euqual.
But then I have to say, that it is a nice idea to be able to play your character for 50% of the time FULLY SKILLED.

Currently I think the whole peasent system is absolutly fail. The grind from 1 to 30 has become totaly useless with the current xp system.

It would be much more interresting if you could level faster if you are able to kill a superiour enemie with your superior skill. Or even staing alive at battlefront as a peasent would be cool, if it was rewarded.

The current system is only rewarding to people who do "kamikaze peasanting".

Damn! The more I think about the current system, the more I get angry about this B***s**t!

The current xp system will surely degenerate this great potential game. It is a pity. I do like to play, but only hope of change keeps me playing.

(I do not say that I want the former kill stealsystem back, but something different must be done)
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I really want to see some more feedback on this topic please/thanks

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bump~

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
if this happens there needs to be a full char wipe, otherwise certain players who have no life and are Gen 30 will have tons of heirloomed weapons and new people will never have more then one per char
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Your idea stinks as it makes alts more appealing, my suggest with a overall cap on gain rate and a xp bonus for one player per account (strategus chosen) is better and promotes long term play

Mateys idea also beats yours but problem his doesn't limit top grinders enough or help casuals cs grinders

If xp gain went down over time people just wont play

Being 90% of the posts in your thread deserves a lock, this idea misses the mark
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
if this happens there needs to be a full char wipe, otherwise certain players who have no life and are Gen 30 will have tons of heirloomed weapons and new people will never have more then one per char

What is the problem with this?

You can only carry one helm/shield/Arour and so on.

First of all I thought the +10% XP is bullshit as it destabilises the game and makes some players to strong, but actually this is not fully true as there is a natural obstacle of limited itemslots.
Sure, a player who is FULLY heirloomed will be much better, but he wont stand a chance against 2(!) or more skilled player. Teamed players are also very mighty in M&B.