Author Topic: Generation, Xp/Gold System, Heirlooms, Heirloom Respec, Game Mechanic Suggestion  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Your idea stinks as it makes alts more appealing, my suggest with a overall cap on gain rate and a xp bonus for one player per account (strategus chosen) is better and promotes long term play

Mateys idea also beats yours but problem his doesn't limit top grinders enough or help casuals cs grinders

If xp gain went down over time people just wont play

Being 90% of the posts in your thread deserves a lock, this idea misses the mark

Matey made his post right after I made mine. This also followed after he read my post and posted about it.

Honestly the game isn't sustainable like this either and its only logical if retirements become more difficult you can justify having better heirloom options for weapons.

Which really is what chadz was looking for.

Anything useful to contribute?

Offline Ishtar_Soup

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishtar_Soup
Without disrespect, i dislike your idea Konrax, but here's my 2 cents.

At the moment, for high generation people, it is to easy to retire and heirloom an item. Pre-patch, even if you played your ARs off, you could only retire once a week, and retirement had a cost. This kind of system should be put back in. I think we should keep the xp//gold ratio we have at the moment, but limit the rate at which people can retire. Let's say once per 10 days. That way, the people who have been playing for a long time retain their advantages, without being able to spam the heirlooming process.

As for good equipment,  it should be like Sunday (or Church) clothing. Things that are nice and that you only wear on occasions. (These occasions being High multipliers, ie: x4-x5) Furthermore, that black plate you wear once in a x5 bluemoon should help your team maintain that x5 longer.

I say this because you don't often see people over lvl 30, and the retirement process keeps it that way (since leveling becomes sooooo long afterwards). Furthermore, the heirloomed items don't add that much of a bonus, and if I'm not mistaken, you can't even use these items in strategus.

In short, i think that in order to retire and land a heirloom, you should A) get to lvl 31, maybe B) pay a heirlooming fee (that get's higher/ generation and by level of the item (getting an item to be masterwork should cost more than getting it to be fine)), and C) wait 10 days between each heirloomed retirement.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:27:42 pm by Ishtar_Soup »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep should never be something you nullify by grinding for XY retirements.

Don't worry by the time it became a problem chadz would change it again to ruin it.  He does hate "grinders"
as he has said many times.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
BUMP!~

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
maybe if the mod detected when your lvl 1-20 or something you got an XP bonus like an extra 500xp (just a rough number) so when your gen 1 its easier to level up to gen 2 so you get an easy start as i say this is just a theory so please comment :)   
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
I think we should keep the xp//gold ratio we have at the moment, but limit the rate at which people can retire

I completly agree with bringing back the minimum waiting period between retirements

It should be 1 day for each gen for example

Gen1=1 day
Gen2=2 days
Gen15= 15days

and so forth. This would slow down high gens but still enable beginers to lvl.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I like your idea about how long it should take to retire if it doesn't get reduced like how I said.

Either way it shouldn't get significantly easier like the current system.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Agreed, should be time based above anything else. But most of the  top grinders are already up to about gen 20. And sense most it would take about 24 retirements to complete 8 items, think the day-requirement should max out at around 21. Three weeks already seems to be a little too long. Maybe a litttle less like 17 days.
Pock gobblers