Author Topic: Axes: Polearm vs 2-Handed  (Read 5760 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Axes: Polearm vs 2-Handed
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »
That isn´t the point however: If you compare them in direct use with the same wpf and the same build, the only advantage the Polearm version of the Axes have is the polestagger.The 2h-Axe have 2h animations and cost much less.

And the thing is, .like it should be, it requires slighty different playstyles for the weapons(The Polearm Axes profit from agi-orientated builds for faster staggering etc.).

Played by a total noob I would say that the Polearm version has a slight advantage because of the stagger, but on average, they are pretty much on par.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2985
  • Infamy: 385
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2012, 10:17:50 pm »
Disagree.

I actually prefer that jerky animation of polearms for battle and range is deceptive when it comes to polearms. Only reason why I'm using 2H sword instad of polearms is because I find swords cool.

And polestagger is HUGE advantage, all you need is one hit and then you can do it Tor style, circle around enemy hitting him in the legs and keep him stunned until he dies.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:46 pm »
Berserk wtf? Pole-axes have polestagger, reach, a Stab and don't havethe unbalanced tag....

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:25 pm »
Really Teeth? Really? Do I have to do the "who deals the most damage" post again? Last time it was obviously 2handers, and things haven't changed much. Actually, the morningstar was buffed +1 damage since last time if I remember correctly.
What the fuck are you on about? Please do, cause if I look on the website its obvious that polearms do the most damage. Can't be arsed to read the rest of your wall of texts. Luckily I know I won't miss anything from my previous encounters with you. I await your post, should be hilarious.

Oh I see you posted it already.

So don't come here and tell me that 2handers don't do the most damage.'
2handers don't do the most damage.

Your way of comparing is shit and unrepresentative. I use a German Poleaxe with 42c AND 29p. Name a 2H with comparable damage on swings and stab. Oh, and polearms are OP.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:32:04 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 10:28:39 pm »
+3
Polearm axes should do more damage, be slower and longer than 2h axes.

As it stands polearms do more damage and are faster, but due to animations, not as long as the 2h axes.   It seems to me the 2h axes (and 2h's in general) should be about speed, and polearms should be about length...

I think they have it ass backwards.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »
Berserk wtf? Pole-axes have polestagger, reach, a Stab and don't havethe unbalanced tag....

The unbalanced tag isnt really that big of a downside if you know how to handle it.

Polearms lose 20 length with their grip, which makes the great axe exactly 1 point longer than the long axe.The other polearm axes are a bit longer ,but they are also a lot more expensive.

The Stab is actually not really an advantage.It has really low damage and can glance easily on heavy armored opponents, which leads to you getting fucked in the ass if you accidentally pull it.

Oh and I dont know the exact data, but the left swing on the polearms is really shorter than the right swing.Iam not sure about that one, but I think the 2h dont have that disadvantage(Wouldnt matter much anway).

The Polestagger really IS a big advantage, but again, the cheapest polearm axe is more expensive than the most expensive 2h axe.

If you want a comparable 2h axe, fine, take one of the old and buff it heavily, but make it also very expensive.Or just make a new expensive item with better stats.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 428
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 10:52:02 pm »
They are longer. Animation difference isn't 30 added lenght on swings. And that's only if we talk about old testing, testing Arkonor did shows different values.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 11:04:05 pm »
Fine, then buff the 2h axes, but increase their price by like 3000 each or even more.

Polearm axes are more expensive -> They are better.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 11:09:14 pm »
+1
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25086.0.html

Ark's test showed 30 length on 2h left and right swings (15 for left swing of polearm) so the polearm axes would still be longer on left and right swings (as they should be IMO).  The 2h axes are faster (as 2h's should be faster than polearms, which they usually aren't). 

i think for 2h vs polearm comparision they have the axes set correctly.  For other 2h's they should be faster than most of the polearms, and should be shorter, but from browsing equipment lists it seems like 2h's are longer and slower.  Seems counter-intuitive to me.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:44 pm »
Your way of comparing is shit and unrepresentative. I use a German Poleaxe with 42c AND 29p. Name a 2H with comparable damage on swings and stab. Oh, and polearms are OP.

MW Shortened military scythe.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1448
  • Infamy: 1269
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 11:22:08 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25086.0.html

Ark's test showed 30 length on 2h left and right swings (15 for left swing of polearm) so the polearm axes would still be longer on left and right swings (as they should be IMO).  The 2h axes are faster (as 2h's should be faster than polearms, which they usually aren't). 

i think for 2h vs polearm comparision they have the axes set correctly.  For other 2h's they should be faster than most of the polearms, and should be shorter, but from browsing equipment lists it seems like 2h's are longer and slower.  Seems counter-intuitive to me.

That's 15 difference. Great Axe is 96 length, Long War Axe is 123.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:30 am »
Hence me agreeing with you that the polearm axes are longer than the 2h axes (the way it should be IMO).  And the 2h axes are faster (as they should be IMO).  I think all polearms should "generally" be longer and slower than 2h's.  But generally (except for comparing axes) it seems like 2h's are longer and slower than polearms.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:14 am »
MW Shortened military scythe.
That's loomed, and you shouldn't use them for comparisons. I say the Flamberge. 46c, 24 pierce. Slightly lower than the german poleaxe, but the very close in overall damage. You also gain 21 reach, which is way beyond the point of it making a difference.

I would also remind Teeth that two-handers DO the most damage. Yes, the german poleaxe does the most OVERALL damage (and is also the shortest poleaxe, just a note), but the bitching wasn't about who had the most overall damage on their attacks, but who did the most damage purely. Try to read what I posted earlier about bitching about the CORRECT thing.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2012, 11:32:59 am »
Jarlek wtf they took out crushthrough on sideswings in octobre2009 afaik, were you even playing the Game
back then?

And you compare it to the damage onehanders and say its op cause it Deals more damage than onehanders and you also forgot that there is a Penalty for Morningstar in 1h Mode.

Also you are the whiner here. Morningstar is shorter
than Most onehanders Not to speak of 2hs or polearms. It has a high Weight which is Great for stuns and
shitty for the Speed. Bonus against shields is a Big plus but the unbalanced Tag is a Even
greater Minus and completly annoying and also very
difficult to Play with. So we end up with a high damaging and
cheap but rather slow and really Short weapon that is also very
difficult to Play with. Seems Fine to me.

I actually do think that Morningstar is quite easymode.
Its one of the best 2hs. Take Str-build take morningstar. Get many kills without
any skill beyond being able to left-rightspam.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:34 pm »
Yes, the german poleaxe does the most OVERALL damage (and is also the shortest poleaxe, just a note), but the bitching wasn't about who had the most overall damage on their attacks, but who did the most damage purely. Try to read what I posted earlier about bitching about the CORRECT thing.
I read what you posted. You did a completely unfair comparison, of which you think it invalidates my argument that polearms have a damage advantage. It does not. When I am talking about which class does the most damage I don't get the 3 most extreme examples to show that 2H have the highest damage in the three damage types. That is completely unrepresentative.

Just try to take a good look at which weapons get used a lot in both classes, ignore weapons that are one trick ponies and make a good comparison. I'm sure you'll get to the right conclusion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:03:59 pm by SgtTeeh »