Author Topic: Contributing to the team  (Read 2226 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Contributing to the team
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »
+2
ITS A BATTLE. you dont use fucking siege engines in a pitched battle

Having a mobile defensive position seems like a pretty logical step in regards to warfare.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I liked seige towers on battle servers (especially open field battles).  having them get hijacked was always a possibility (you can hide in the tower all you want, but if you aren't defending the base then the enemy can move you wherever they want). 

Maybe they should add some ability to create a little fortification (that isn't moveable) would be a cool addition for siege equipment.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:47:24 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:02 pm »
Well I would not entirely disagree that it seems okish if you do it on a open plains map at the spot your teams camps anyhow.

But telling your team you are going to spawn camp and build a siege tower is not an excuse to be entirely useless towards winning the round.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:32 pm »
+1
I like how noobie gets temp'd for this but the horde of flavor of the week horse crossbowman who think they can rohypnol can draw out rounds all day with impunity even though they fucking suck

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
+1
I like how noobie gets temp'd for this but the horde of flavor of the week horse crossbowman who think they can rohypnol can draw out rounds all day with impunity even though they fucking suck

It involves shooting at the enemy, and not throwing four bags of rocks into the sea or starting a camp in a corner of the map.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »
+1
It involves shooting at the enemy, and not throwing four bags of rocks into the sea or starting a camp in a corner of the map.

I was not banned for doing that. I was banned for hiding in a nook, killing someone, going back to the nook, and then just about to kill someone else and then got banned.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »
Firing 1 shot every 10 seconds as the last one left, as opposed to baiting loose enemies into melee. Tomato, tomäto?

JABONRA

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:15 pm »
+3
Let's take this hypothetical situation:

You and two other guys decide to work together. You tell your team to camp the ruins, 'cause you have a good idea. You three quickly build a weapons rack and then one of you starts putting up siege shields while the other two start building a healing tent. You've quickly set up a defensible base with access to healing and ammunition. However, during this time, most of your team runs off and gets killed. The three of you are still holding and fighting from your base. The round ends, your team loses. Your team starts accusing you of delaying and leeching even though what you did would have been quite beneficial to your team if they all didn't run off and die. A mod gets tired of the complaints and kicks/bans the people who did it.

There's a lot of cool uses for weapons racks and healing tents, but I would be afraid of getting kicked for even attempting to build something like that during a round.

To me, battle seems to have devolved into a place where all the tryhards charge at each other and slap their dicks together for 6 minutes to get a multi. And it's kind of a shame that things are that way because of all the potential we have in this mod. I have a feeling that things are going to stay that way though, so we have to live with it.

However, something that I really think would be neat and would really add a lot to the community would be to redo siege. In its current incarnation, siege is a respawning battle mode where one team tries to stand in one spot for a certain amount of time. Not too exciting. But, what if we changed how the siege maps operate? Many players have been asking for capturable spawn points in siege for a LONG time. It's already in the mod, why can't we add it?

We could have a siege mode where the attacking team is given a few construction sites and some weapon racks right off the bat. There's a ton of possibilities and I have a shit-ton of ideas, I just don't want to make my post longer than it already is.

Meow if you're reading this, I just feel that the community could really benefit from a mode with more options for creativity and tactical gameplay and I think a new siege would be a relatively easy and fun way to do it.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:10 pm »
+2

You and two other guys decide to work together. You tell your team to camp the ruins, 'cause you have a good idea. You three quickly build a weapons rack and then one of you starts putting up siege shields while the other two start building a healing tent. You've quickly set up a defensible base with access to healing and ammunition. However, during this time, most of your team runs off and gets killed. The three of you are still holding and fighting from your base. The round ends, your team loses. Your team starts accusing you of delaying and leeching even though what you did would have been quite beneficial to your team if they all didn't run off and die. A mod gets tired of the complaints and kicks/bans the people who did it.

There's a lot of cool uses for weapons racks and healing tents, but I would be afraid of getting kicked for even attempting to build something like that during a round.

To me, battle seems to have devolved into a place where all the tryhards charge at each other and slap their dicks together for 6 minutes to get a multi. And it's kind of a shame that things are that way because of all the potential we have in this mod. I have a feeling that things are going to stay that way though, so we have to live with it.

However, something that I really think would be neat and would really add a lot to the community would be to redo siege. In its current incarnation, siege is a respawning battle mode where one team tries to stand in one spot for a certain amount of time. Not too exciting. But, what if we changed how the siege maps operate? Many players have been asking for capturable spawn points in siege for a LONG time. It's already in the mod, why can't we add it?

We could have a siege mode where the attacking team is given a few construction sites and some weapon racks right off the bat. There's a ton of possibilities and I have a shit-ton of ideas, I just don't want to make my post longer than it already is.

Meow if you're reading this, I just feel that the community could really benefit from a mode with more options for creativity and tactical gameplay and I think a new siege would be a relatively easy and fun way to do it.

Signed,
Dravic and other people who enjoy building, teamworking and helping eachother while playing together.

I will bold the part that says what happens on the servers EVERY FUCKIN TIME some people try to cooperate:

Today Templar_Volky insulted me and Nyu of the Bleeding(?) Rose (or something like that, for sure of... ... Rose) of being useless, called us leechers, wanted to ban us...

Oh, he also called me useless noob, cause... I "dont use any weapon !!!111oneoneone" - problem is, I had 0 slot hammer all the freakin ban.

And then he threatened me of banning for all those "horrible" things I did...

I don't mind muting some ignorants, but on top of that, he destroyed our Constructions. That's something I can't stand.

Official please:

Add a new rule: destroying your teammates siege equipement is the same as teamhitting them, thus bannable offence.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:49:02 pm by Dravic »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:42 pm »

And the award for apples to oranges post of the day goes to ...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:40:43 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:25 am »
You're right, at least noobie has a chance of winning

JABONRA

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 12:07:04 am »
As nice as noobie's armor-less abs are, im gonna say that im more afraid of the horse crossbow bump combo than I am of his rocks or metal gauntlets.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:45 am »
As nice as noobie's armor-less abs are, im gonna say that im more afraid of the horse crossbow bump combo than I am of his rocks or metal gauntlets.

+3 awlpike
+3 straw hat
+3 hourglass gauntlets,
+3 rocks

You better be afraid.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 12:21:14 am »
nerf cav

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:36 am »
+3 awlpike
+3 straw hat
+3 hourglass gauntlets,
+3 rocks

You better be afraid.

Disagreements aside, those are some bitching looms.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 12:24:53 am »
Disagreements aside, those are some bitching looms.

And that is why I run around naked.